2022 HS Track and Field

Wooderson

On 5/22/2022 at 5:19 PM, HurricaneNick said:

He graduated in December

Yeah, there was that, too. 😉   Not sure if he could have gone 10.14, but could well have.  Imagine if he'd actually trained for the 100.  Glad he chose football, though, of course.

And dude above mentioned McNair.  That's a name I haven't heard in forever.  I've never heard a reason why he flamed out at ND.  Have you?

2 hours ago, MD87 said:

Yeah, there was that, too. 😉   Not sure if he could have gone 10.14, but could well have.  Imagine if he'd actually trained for the 100.  Glad he chose football, though, of course.

And dude above mentioned McNair.  That's a name I haven't heard in forever.  I've never heard a reason why he flamed out at ND.  Have you?

Going to Notre Shame is a terrible choice for anybody! Career ruining choice really 😉

He would have been the Michael Jordan or football had he gone to SC. 

52 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Going to Notre Shame is a terrible choice for anybody! Career ruining choice really 😉

He would have been the Michael Jordan or football had he gone to SC. 

Indeed.  Dude was an absolute freak.

4 hours ago, MD87 said:

On top of tons of injuries, he was a tweener, I’d say. Not a good enough runner to play tailback and not big enough or good enough blocker to play fullback. But I don’t care if he doesn’t fit in the offense, you find a way to get a guy like that on the field. It just never made any sense.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Alan Webb broke that years ago… by a mile! 

Is it technically a different distance or something or am I just wrong?

I think the distinction is that this was a high school-only mile whereas Webb's record happened in a mixed, pro/amateur race. Video mentioned Ryun's first sub-4 mile was the latter but focused specifically on his sub-4 at Kansas state championships as being what Martin just broke.

10 hours ago, Wooderson said:

I think the distinction is that this was a high school-only mile whereas Webb's record happened in a mixed, pro/amateur race. Video mentioned Ryun's first sub-4 mile was the latter but focused specifically on his sub-4 at Kansas state championships as being what Martin just broke.

You are correct. “High school only and no rabbit” sounds like the distinction. Thanks.

Hoping to see some history made at the Ohio D1 State finals next weekend. Justin Braun of Westerville Central (USC commit and national indoor champ in the 60m and 400m) will look to repeat as the 100, 200, and 400 champion and could challenge the state records in each event (10.38, 20.47, and 45.59 respectively). His personal bests are 10.43, 20.87, and 45.65.  Should be a near lock in the 200 and 400, but competition will be stiff in the 100. Pickerington Central's Troy Lane actually broke the state record with a 10.37 earlier in the year, but it did not count under Ohio rules which require 5 or more teams to participate in a meet.  Moeller's Tennel Bryant and Brandon White went 10.29 and 10.30 at the district round last week, but did so with a substantial tailwind that prevented either time from going down in the record books. Fingers crossed that conditions are perfect (always a crapshoot in Ohio) and see some long-standing records go down. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OdbCle said:

Hoping to see some history made at the Ohio D1 State finals next weekend. Justin Braun of Westerville Central (USC commit and national indoor champ in the 60m and 400m) will look to repeat as the 100, 200, and 400 champion and could challenge the state records in each event (10.38, 20.47, and 45.59 respectively). His personal bests are 10.43, 20.87, and 45.65.  Should be a near lock in the 200 and 400, but competition will be stiff in the 100. Pickerington Central's Troy Lane actually broke the state record with a 10.37 earlier in the year, but it did not count under Ohio rules which require 5 or more teams to participate in a meet.  Moeller's Tennel Bryant and Brandon White went 10.29 and 10.30 at the district round last week, but did so with a substantial tailwind that prevented either time from going down in the record books. Fingers crossed that conditions are perfect (always a crapshoot in Ohio) and see some long-standing records go down. 

Keep us posted.  Andy Isabella is on the Bengals now fyi… speed burner from OH.  

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Based on what? 

Just my gut feeling. Sooner or later everything comes out in the doping world.... Lance,  Marion etc.....  When it's to good to be true, there's usually something fishy

Russian hackers who got ahold of WADA files claim he uses PEDS for sports asthma. Russian hackers also claim that Chris Froome and Mark Cavendish are using PEDS to treat sports asthma. Both individuals admitted it to be true

• Like 3

On 5/28/2022 at 11:39 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Keep us posted.  Andy Isabella is on the Bengals now fyi… speed burner from OH.  

Major letdown at day one of the Ohio state meet as phenom Justin Braun scratches in all events due to an apparent injury. Only record that could still be broken will be the 100m if Pick Central's Troy Lane can repeat or better his 10.37 from earlier in the year (but make it count this time). Braun's best events were the 200 and 400, which is what he is likely to focus on at USC. Ohio legend Chris Nelloms' records of 20.47 and 45.59 in those events set in 1990 are likely to last for many more years to come now that Braun is done. 

• Thanks 1