Vlog #4 St Thomas Aquinas Highschool"Training Camp Week 1"

coach_warren

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Honestly, unless there's another team more deserving, that would be stupid.   Punishing teams for playing tough non league/district is not good for football.   Are there any other Norcal teams that are scheduling up that could contend for the bid?  

They don't have to schedule up to contend

if someone wins SJS D1 or CCS Open (maybe even SJS D2 or CS D1) undefeated, regardless of schedule I think they'd get nod over 2-loss DLS

DLS lost to #1 DBP and top 25 (at time of decision) Lakeland in '09 and still got bid, but wouldn't have if Rocklin hadn't upset Grant in the playoffs (even though Grant's SOS didn't compare);  DLS wasn't the NorCal Open team the year before -- they lost 1 game (to DBP) while Grant beat ID and UT state champs (DLS wound up playing the #2 team in country -- to STA, in the D1 game)

1 hour ago, Pops said:

We'll see

you thought Servite would win in 2010 and they got their first first down when it was 42-0

btw, "capable of beating" is the claim -- not likely to beat

I thought Servite would fare a lot better and was wrong.

Aside from that game,  my record of calling DLS games is pretty good.  

STA, DBP, SJB, Lakeland etc

11 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I thought Servite would fare a lot better and was wrong.

Aside from that game,  my record of calling DLS games is pretty good.  

STA, DBP, SJB, Lakeland etc

I'll grant you that

my point is still the same -- you've been wrong before (spectacularly so) so we'll see

btw,  Lakeland stop DLS's 2-point conversion in 2 OT or DBP driving for a last second FG were a bit thin to claim as prognastications, and 2 of other 3 were #1 team in country

19 minutes ago, Pops said:

I'll grant you that

my point is still the same -- you've been wrong before (spectacularly so) so we'll see

btw,  Lakeland stop DLS's 2-point conversion in 2 OT or DBP driving for a last second FG were a bit thin to claim as prognastications, and 2 of other 3 were #1 team in country

But they're wins

5 hours ago, coach_warren said:

STA takes it to SJB 42-14, its competitive in the first quarter but STA slowly distances themselves with their talent, the Florida humidity wears down the Bosco team, and we have deju vu with the 2011 DLS-STA game. Pops and Sammy have a meltdown, Los gets a hard-on. Florida football baby.

Yawn...Not worried.  SJB by 14+ early in the year.  I'm already working on the artwork.  Here's a possibility

SJB STA.jpg

15 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Could be,but STA only lost to three teams OOS..We will see as DLS was suppose to give STA a good game... South Fla is very good....

SJB is bigger, stronger, faster, has more depth than that DLS team and is more versatile offensively.

You said can SJB be competitive in the game.  That's ridiculous

35 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Hey Steeler can you find out how much SJB got from ESPN/STA for travel expenses? 

I remember you saying $12,000 to go to Texas "ain't shit" 

be interesting to hear the how big the Brinks trucks were at SJB's front door to go to So Florida and DC

It isn't when that's the money being used to fund the trip. 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Didn't SJB lose their whole receiving corps? Who are the studs coming back? Gonna see a lot of 8 man boxes with Aquinas' capable corners holding down the rookies. 

SJB is fine at the WR position, the question will be can Re-Al get them the ball. He's a mediocre passer, but I think he might get a big run or two that could change the game if it's the defensive battle I expect.

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

SJB is fine at the WR position, the question will be can Re-Al get them the ball. He's a mediocre passer, but I think he might get a big run or two that could change the game if it's the defensive battle I expect.

From what I'm seeing SJB returns a capable QB but graduated ALL their top Receivers, but return 2 capable RB's, both have lots of game time and lots of yards. I'll go ahead and say that SJB will have the better offense even though the O-Line may need some time to adjust to STA's Defense. I can see SJB scoring with 2 excellent RB's and a better than average QB to keep the passing game active. 

STA loses their QB, top 2 RB's, and their top 3 WR's. They have almost double the roster size as SJB and return a lot of players with some game experience. STA will edge out SJB on defense. They return a little more and are used to the Florida climate that will eventually slow down the SJB offense.

STA will need every thing they can get from their KOC game before they field SJB. Home field advantage only works if it's going to be a close game, talent wise, to start with. STA reloads and has talent waiting in the background. STA's O-Line will hold SJB's defense in check but will lack a RB with big game experience. STA will also have a slight edge with the Receivers that have more experience but lack a QB that has played in the pony show before. STA's defense needs to stop the running game, which they can, and also keep the rookie receivers in check.I know one or 2 "special defensive players" can turn a game, but when there is a lot of talent on the field that takes some of that "special player" ability down a notch. I'll give STA the edge on defense.

Field position... how many times have we seen a game won on Special team play? Special teams will go to SJB, they have a more key players with big game experience coming back. A capable Kicker and a capable Punter. If it becomes a defensive game then SJB will have a better chance to take home the trophy because of field position.

SJB = Better Offense.

STA = Better Defense.

SJB = Special Teams.

STA = Home Field Advantage. South Florida heat and humidity... I'll be honest, it can be brutal.

For SJB to win they will need to score several TD's early, before fatigue sets in and keep STA off the field in the second half by pounding the ball with a run heavy offense rotating their RB's.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Steeler, Nolebule told me this but is why SJB "scared" to go to Texas? Didn't Bishop Amat, Westlake, DLS, and even some small public schools go to Texas? I mean Liberty from Nevada went there as well. What's holding Bosco back?

6 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

From what I'm seeing SJB returns a capable QB but graduated ALL their top Receivers, but return 2 capable RB's, both have lots of game time and lots of yards. I'll go ahead and say that SJB will have the better offense even though the O-Line may need some time to adjust to STA's Defense. I can see SJB scoring with 2 excellent RB's and a better than average QB to keep the passing game active. 

STA loses their QB, top 2 RB's, and their top 3 WR's. They have almost double the roster size as SJB and return a lot of players with some game experience. STA will edge out SJB on defense. They return a little more and are used to the Florida climate that will eventually slow down the SJB offense.

STA will need every thing they can get from their KOC game before they field SJB. Home field advantage only works if it's going to be a close game, talent wise, to start with. STA reloads and has talent waiting in the background. STA's O-Line will hold SJB's defense in check but will lack a RB with big game experience. STA will also have a slight edge with the Receivers that have more experience but lack a QB that has played in the pony show before. STA's defense needs to stop the running game, which they can, and also keep the rookie receivers in check.I know one or 2 "special defensive players" can turn a game, but when there is a lot of talent on the field that takes some of that "special player" ability down a notch. I'll give STA the edge on defense.

Field position... how many times have we seen a game won on Special team play? Special teams will go to SJB, they have a more key players with big game experience coming back. A capable Kicker and a capable Punter. If it becomes a defensive game then SJB will have a better chance to take home the trophy because of field position.

SJB = Better Offense.

STA = Better Defense.

SJB = Special Teams.

STA = Home Field Advantage. South Florida heat and humidity... I'll be honest, it can be brutal.

For SJB to win they will need to score several TD's early, before fatigue sets in and keep STA off the field in the second half by pounding the ball with a run heavy offense rotating their RB's.

SJBs not from Utah or Alaska lol they are from Socal, I'm sure they will get acclimated fine to the weather

12 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

Steeler, Nolebule told me this but is why SJB "scared" to go to Texas? Didn't Bishop Amat, Westlake, DLS, and even some small public schools go to Texas? I mean Liberty from Nevada went there as well. What's holding Bosco back?

SJB just doesn't wanna go to Texas.

They're playing a much better opponent than any Texas has to offer to start the season.