Wall Street update - brought to you by Pepto Bismol

golfaddict1

39 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

* Pct gains/losses listed are not my official gains/losses… this is based on NAV movement only.  If I had added or reduced shares it will differ.  

1F4B4267-6574-472E-9B8E-84AEA6E1A728.jpeg

@FreeBirdweekly pct "HIGHS"  :)  

CGC - Canopy Growth

GRWG - GrowGeneration Corp - hydroponic equipment big player along with SMG (Scott's fertilizer, I did well with SMG, don't own it now) 

CRLBF - Cresco, big footprint in Cannabis 

PLNHF - Planet 13 holdings,  largest sq footage Cannabis dispensary in the world I believe, located in Vegas.  

MNMD - Psychedelic focus       

Looks like 9 tickers precious metals focus and Ethereum and Bitcoin listed as well.  

Booking Holdings is my latest buy (yesterday).  BKNG   

Last week's buy of BWA, I'm down 1%  

Lastly, @Nolebull813 have a look at a liberal owning shares in a gun manufacturer stock.   :) 

RGR - Sturm Ruger and Co  #nobodycanlabelme:)

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

CGC - Canopy Growth

GRWG - GrowGeneration Corp - hydroponic equipment big player along with SMG (Scott's fertilizer, I did well with SMG, don't own it now) 

PLNHF - Planet 13 holdings,  largest sq footage Cannabis dispensary in the world I believe, located in Vegas.  

MNMD - Psychedelic focus       

Looks like 9 tickers precious metals focus and Ethereum and Bitcoin listed as well.  

Lastly, @Nolebull813 have a look at a liberal owning shares in a gun manufacturer stock.   :) 

Penny stocks killed my portfolio but look at this one and tell me what you think 

75284759-8E0A-4336-889C-B68AEDC72F70.jpeg

8 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Fuck it I’m shorting the housing market 

After Wall street isn't even finished

scooping up all the inventory...

You gonna try and

"short the house holding houses" ???

🤔

PS: I am still wondering what all those hedge funds,

are gonna do with all their new land tho....🙄

Car Crash Test GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

BTW: you may have a point...but not sure if bank runs on a much less liquid asset

would work the same way 🤷‍♂️

Wholesale inflation surges 9.7%: Cost of goods continues to rise for retailers after consumer prices rose at the fastest rate in 40 years

• Wholesale inflation rose 9.7% in January from a year ago, data Tuesday showed in another troubling sign
  • The producer price index measures inflation before it reaches consumers, and continues to rise
  • Last week, consumer prices jumped 7.4%, the biggest increase in 40 years
  • Inflation is squeezing households and wiping out pay raises, and putting pressure on the Fed to raise rates
  • Biden's approval ratings are suffering and he is now considering suspending gas taxes ahead of midterms  

Oh this is good :) 

I like Cramer (my wife says he looks like Lenin).   When the market shit hits the fan, I like his take especially.  

Musk not a big fan in regards to the pending lawsuit in Cali and will be following… no plans on paying Elon anytime soon and EV is still blah to me until I test drive a Fisker Ocean.   

With that said, wow.  Nobody is perfect and makes the right calls.   Clearly Jim whiffed badly on this one and Musk backed it up.  

To Jim’s dilemma, present day Tesla is impossible to value.  He was right about that.  :) 

10 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I like Cramer (my wife says he looks like Lenin).   When the market shit hits the fan, I like his take especially.  

Musk not a big fan in regards to the pending lawsuit in Cali and will be following… no plans on paying Elon anytime soon and EV is still blah to me until I test drive a Fisker Ocean.   

With that said, wow.  Nobody is perfect and makes the right calls.   Clearly Jim whiffed badly on this one and Musk backed it up.  

To Jim’s dilemma, present day Tesla is impossible to value.  He was right about that.  :) 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

I owned fisker stock when it was still $Spaq before the merger, I got bad vibes from the owner so I sold , I already got burned by this POS 

71127CA4-03F3-40DC-9DBF-C5A145C60541.jpeg

Oh shit.  I reduced shares in FSR, but still holding and hoping.  I’m up a little bit, but was up a lot more before it and other EV stocks took another dive.  

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Oh shit.  I reduced shares in FSR, but still holding and hoping.  I’m up a little bit, but was up a lot more before it and other EV stocks took another dive.  

I sold when fisker tweeted a picture of a apple on his Twitter, giving all of us stock owners the idea that apple was partnering with fisker to make a car, which would have been so fucking cool, so of course everyone started pumping the stock and then news came out that the tweet was a joke so I sold all my shit

Feb held up well and finally beat the s&p 500 index after getting Jerry Quarry’d (70’s boxer and Wide world of Sports piñata to Ali and others) for months.  Today holding up well also with non mutual funds figures thus far.  

Hedging enough to keep my longs and gradually adding tech in on nice down days.  Raised my Health (sciences) and Finance sectors to start March also.  

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.morningstar.com/indexes/spi/mstar/portfolio

Morningstar Market Index is 100 pct in equities  (peel the onion for those interested)

With that in mind, here is my performance vs. this index (I may need to update as there's always one investment updating late).  

image.thumb.png.5db3a49af80a3ed397e1364aae5ffb4d.png

image.thumb.png.a439eacc7921dde722339875423a0ad8.png

* PERSONAL RETURN IS THE ACTUAL RETURN, REFLECTING CHANGES MADE PER SPECIFIC DAY (ACTUAL RESULTS).   This is a great tool for me to see if my changes are working or not and whether I should simply buy and hold or adjust more often...   

2021 was a brutal investment year...  I very much underperformed the market and still kick myself.   But overall, no complaints.  5 year and since purchase I am beating the index.   May 1st, 2019 I stopped full throttle investing and added fixed income, cash, precious metals and started hedging a bit.   12.45% is 87% of the index with cash and fixed income from 20 pct to 40 pct during this period, based on market conditions I felt at the time.   I'll take it.  :)     

Edit:   Forgot to mention that the Morningstar Market Index 100% equity stocks pct is based on NAV movement only... there are no fees.   My personal return includes an avg. expense fee (inclusive of trading costs and fees (even money markets have expense fees).   So apples to apples another .8 to 1 pct is being reduced from my personal total, improving my Apples to Apples performance for 1 year plus comparisons.  Stock trades were not free this far back in history and all funds/ETS's have fees inclusive).  

The good news is many Fund families like Fidelity and Vanguard offer very low fees for tracking indexes like the S&P 500.  Fidelity may offer at 0 expense fee (or if not, a very comparable fund to the index).  Most trades are free now also, except penny stocks and options/derivatives trades.  

Best week on Wall St since Nov 2020 I believe.  

But I sense/feel a yo-yo rest of year with little movement overall but plenty in between.  Just looking at inflation vs the Fed’s need to attempt to slow down the economy later this year likely is a scary notion to me.  Always long the market, but I sold some gains today on a great week and also added more shorts vs the  indexes.   

• 4 months later...
On 2/12/2022 at 2:56 PM, golfaddict1 said:

CGC - Canopy Growth

MNMD - Psychedelic focus       

@FreeBird still holding GRWG and MNMD… sold the other cannabis stocks to load up on these two.  

David Kingman connected!   😊 Google him lol as you’re young.  All or nothing power hitter basically.  

MNMD I sold half my position pretrading.   Not sure if the stock joined the meme team or if a sale is rumored. Either way, I’m glued to this stock ticker.  

• 3 months later...

image.png.49cda782bf747665ec57a8ded48268da.png

Update thru today.  My last update was March 16th  (above).   As always, I'm fully transparent.  Personal is my actual performance.  Expense fees are added into my performance,  while the index has none.    This is my challenge index.  

Index Description for Morningstar Market Index (MSTART for more peeling the onion for those interested on the stocks that comprise this index)

The index measures the performance of US securities and targets 97% market capitalization coverage of the investable universe. It is a diversified broad market index.  Per Morningstar.  

On 2/17/2022 at 11:30 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Oh this is good :)  LOLOL...

Soooooo...WHICH Cramer do you prefer...🤔

the Bitchute one?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/E1qoWnJtuKoR/

or the Youtube one...

.....do tell...LOL.

🙄

3 hours ago, Troll said:

Oh this is good :)  LOLOL...

Soooooo...WHICH Cramer do you prefer...🤔

the Bitchute one?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/E1qoWnJtuKoR/

or the Youtube one...

.....do tell...LOL.

🙄

Only a true scumbag can LOL at people losing money and many a shit load of it.  

Many celebs (like Cramer) were high on these sources and crypto overall.  Aren’t Tom Brady and an NBA star being looked at?   Yes, I like Tom Brady.  I may be the only one though.

Cramer is entertaining.  Invest at your own risk.  

Not that you would know this because you’re a dumbass, but there is a caption in his show and I would think other financial shows regarding the risk and legal jargon removing liability, etc from the show on any comments or recommendations they make.  

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://www.macrotrends.net/2023/national-debt-by-president

Maybe seeing this this will give @Trollhis much needed bowel movement.  

Same source, another novelty tool chart.  
Debt is not the economy!   Waaaaaaaaa

Hey at least this time you picked out a metric 

more directly tied to current administrative policy,

than some skewed indicator from Wall Street...

But you probably STILL don't know the difference between Wall Street and Washington.

🤣

PS: You must STILL be thinking that somehow you can't be wrong...

...and the DJIA is somehow a proper representative of the economy LOLOLOL.

BTW: If the DJIA were... you wouldn't need to offer some entirely different replacement metric at all...🤣🤣

...You must think people are as stupid as you, thinking they are even similar, because they are both presented in a "by president format. LOLOLOL 

Aaaxxxfffbhh GIF - Kid Pasta Face - Discover & Share GIFs