OT-Biggest Omission from History Books

AztecPadre

For me no doubt was the japanese concentration camps during world war 2.  I never heard about these during any of my american history classes in school.  It wasn't until the late 90's when our local Monterey Herald did a story on the locals that were interred. Along with what happened in Detroit too.  Any others?

25 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

For me no doubt was the japanese concentration camps during world war 2.  I never heard about these during any of my american history classes in school.  It wasn't until the late 90's when our local Monterey Herald did a story on the locals that were interred. Along with what happened in Detroit too.  Any others?

All the people the Clinton's have killed. Billy "The Kid", and "Calamity" Clinton have been taking people out one by one.

• Like 1

I was never taught that my ancestors were enslaved by Africans via the Barbary Slave Trade. 

I had to be told by family members that we are descendants of slaves but not to be judgmental of modern day Africans. It was not there fault and they should not be guilt tripped and scrutinized for something that happened hundreds of years before they were born 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

we learned about the concentration camps. 

But everybody from Middle School up tried to avoid talking about slavery like it was aids.... 

hell we got wrote up in HS for mentioning the KKK,Black Panther Group,anything up that alley. it wasnt until 10th grade that a teacher actually started talking about it. 

mr.Cain I remember him well he actually ended up getting fired... 

He was cool.  But parents where actually upset with him because he taught it to us bare bones.  he didnt cut any corners. didnt leave out anything and of course people where not happy with that. 

Hell I used to stay after school and have conversations about history and politics with him. I remember I helped him pack his stuff... when he had to go and the principal stood there apologizing..... to me and a few others. I simply told the principal"You can't dodge history. And ignoring it will only make the current situation worse."  

Mr.Cain is now at Jeff Davis HS. 

11 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

For me, an event that's politicized now

127,000 Japanese were sent to Intenrnment camps -- people that want to politicize will call them Concentration camps, but that term seems wildly inappropriate for a place where the inmates had schools, housing, mess halls, and were paid to work (optional) at the same time that real concentration camps were killing 6 million people through horrific means including forced labor, starvation, kill houses, and medical experiments

did you know these camps only existed for 2 years?

Im not suggesting the camps were right decision, but people politicizing will tell you that 2/3 of internees were born in America, while ignoring that 1/3 were born in Japan -- put in context of the the times, the decision was perhaps overly cautious but hardly barbaric and was reversed just as soon as the US was clearly winning the Pacific War and a year before it was over

C'mon, Padre, how about the Spanish Inquisition or genicide of multiple ancient American civilizations?  How about America bullying Mexico and stealing California from them in a forced war (which the US has done twice vs Hispanic countries in what were clearly land grabs)?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I was never taught that my ancestors were enslaved by Africans via the Barbary Slave Trade. 

I had to be told by family members that we are descendants of slaves but not to be judgmental of modern day Africans. It was not there fault and they should not be guilt tripped and scrutinized for something that happened hundreds of years before they were born 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

"From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli....."

Semper Fi evened the score for your ancestors and I'd recommend the book Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates:  the forgotten war that changed American history

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

the internment camps here in america? is that what your talking about? it was in my history books. 

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

AngelinaJolie made a movie about this not to long ago...The soldier who helped her with it and survived the camp mentioned recently died...He also said that the camp commander in the the move was NOT nearly as brutal as the real one..No,history is no longer taught with honesty in the govt school system...Kid todayknow very little and can be easily manipulated....and they are....IE.....who was the only lady hung by the US govt and why ??? Don't look it up.....see if any of you know the answer,don't cheat as I say nobody knows.. Ask a kid who killed Abe Lincoln or who was Boston Corbett...

Lincoln? Who's that?

• Haha 1

AngelinaJolie made a movie about this not to long ago...The soldier who helped her with it and survived the camp mentioned recently died...He also said that the camp commander in the the move was NOT nearly as brutal as the real one..No,history is no longer taught with honesty in the govt school system...Kid todayknow very little and can be easily manipulated....and they are....IE.....who was the only lady hung by the US govt and why ??? Don't look it up.....see if any of you know the answer,don't cheat as I say nobody knows.. Ask a kid who killed Abe Lincoln or who was Boston Corbett...

Mary Suratt is the only lady to be hung i believe for helping john wilkes booth

Just now, Drummer61 said:

Now you got it..See the movie UNBROKEN and picture much worse..I have read authentic books on this and they were among the worst..If you the book," The Rising Sun" bu oreily and Dugard you will get the historically correct insight into Japanese leadership..Oh boy will you shit !!!!

ill have to see it as a lover of history esp WW2 and the American Civil War. Cant get enough of it. 

4 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Correct,Surratt was 42 years and hung for five extra minutes before she died....They all hung for 20 minutes and were buried right away..There were at least 10 conspirators involved in Lincolns killing.. Boston Corbett shot John Wilkes Booth who was an avowed racist and avid segregationist..

Was I the first person on the board to get the answer correct?? Booth was pissed off that the south lost the war and he vowed that the south will rise again. He basically called Lincoln a tyrant before he shot him in the head at Fords Theater. I like old school justice you did something you didnt wait long before they hung you. 

• Haha 1

Ask a kid who discovered America. The responses will be all over the place. 

• Haha 1

Yes and I did NOT read killing Kennedy as I know all of that history..

Damn. I know the history as well but i like reading about it and watching documentaries on it as well. Your right tho most people dont know that Mary was the first woman hung which is kinda sad. You should know at least the main players of important parts of history

Correct....Read the book "HOodwinked",by Jack Cashill and State of Emergency,byPat Buccannan,both will blow you away and Hoodwinked will knock  socks as it exposes many things we thought were true..

sounds good. i read an article yesterday that said they believe they have uncovered the real identity of jack the ripper

7 hours ago, Pops said:

For me, an event that's politicized now

127,000 Japanese were sent to Intenrnment camps -- people that want to politicize will call them Concentration camps, but that term seems wildly inappropriate for a place where the inmates had schools, housing, mess halls, and were paid to work (optional) at the same time that real concentration camps were killing 6 million people through horrific means including forced labor, starvation, kill houses, and medical experiments

did you know these camps only existed for 2 years?

Im not suggesting the camps were right decision, but people politicizing will tell you that 2/3 of internees were born in America, while ignoring that 1/3 were born in Japan -- put in context of the the times, the decision was perhaps overly cautious but hardly barbaric and was reversed just as soon as the US was clearly winning the Pacific War and a year before it was over

C'mon, Padre, how about the Spanish Inquisition or genicide of multiple ancient American civilizations?  How about America bullying Mexico and stealing California from them in a forced war (which the US has done twice vs Hispanic countries in what were clearly land grabs)?

Again these are events that I NEVER heard of in school.  It was not till much later.  The Spanish Inquisition and genocide of just about every Native American tribe and Mexico losing Cali among others, were subject that I was taught.  My family is huge into history from both sides.  Both Sicilian and Mexican sides.  We were taught a lot.  Like the brasero program and the Brown out in LA schools to the situation in NYC with the eyetalian folk in the early 19th century.  We will differ on opinions when it comes to stuff like the concentration camps the Japanese were forced into due to our polar opposite political views.  You say ONLY 2 years like they should be grateful. Lol  

• Thanks 1