Dabo Swinney calls out Big Ten/Ohio St

ATLien12x

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Dabo Fucking Swiney is calling out tOSU? 

Hold up... 

First off Clemsons old average ass wasnt shit before he got that job. Now you wanna call us out?! We've long since been where Clemsom has been.  Everybody has a bad game. 

OSU has seen more success than Clemson will ever dream of.  

And soon enough Clemsons 15 minutes of fame will be up. 

Oh and to top that off. 

The ACC? 

The Fuck Ok I'll admit the Big10 aint that great. 

But the ACC? 

Miami?- Its not the 90s or early 2000's anymore.... Al Golden did some serious damage there... 

North Carolina-Is making strides give them some time. 

FSU-The ACC golden Boy... 

Georgia Tech-Average at best. 

Virginia-Disaster...  

VT- Decent. 

NC State-Ha....Ha... Ha... Dont make me laugh 

Wake Forest-They're still around? 

Louisville-Good

Clemson-Good 

Pittsburgh-Average..... 

while i agree with you.. a lot of publications and such are saying NC state will be good this year and will surprise some teams

The chest thumping from the ACC going into this season has reached deafening levels. To Dabo's credit, he does appear to have old Urbs number at the moment. The ACC certainly had the best collection of QB's last year, and that translated into a lot of success. We'll see how they fare after losing some good ones. Personally, I find the whole conference superiority thing to be vastly overrated. 

10 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

I agree. It just seems as if they play a little slow. They just seem to be playing the game different. The football in the SEC and ACC differs from that of many leagues. Maybe it is the southern thing. Maybe our style of play is different in our eyes. We know fast and physical. What we see in them is not what we feel we know. Somehow, our version, in our eyes, seems superior. This is the same I feel about this high school thing. I see other teams play in different states and for the most part I see Georgia playing better football than most. 

These nationally known schools you guy's talk about, I go watch them. I watch and compare I conclude that I don't see anything special about them. Highly ranked and no true comparison is bogus. I see several that remain high even when they don't do well. Is that the way? No, but I digress.

I understand his view

I guess you didn't watch Penn St and USC and Michigan and FSU.  Last season ACC and BIG were the best conferences top to bottom.  Penn St should have been in the playoff and not Ohio St.  

We'll see what this season brings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

I agree.  I think they will be very good and is my sleeper to win the ACC as long as they settle on one quarterback.

Im not that familiar with their depth chart and situation but like i said ive heard from different sport outlets and magazines that nc state are gonna surprise some people this year and they are not a team to sleep on

Random sidebar - Any of the Ohio State guys know how the freshman DE Chase Young(DeMatha) is looking? He developed quickly over the last two years and I was wondering if he's doing well in camp. Also, will he get on the field this season with that talented and crowded OSU DL? I know he's only a freshman, but he's 6'6 260lbs at barely 18 years old. Thanks in advance. 

11 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Uhhhh Michigan state went 3-9 last year and Wisconsin never wins important games 

I wasn't referring to last year. Over the period of several years going back a ways, they've been really good under Mark Dantonio. Certainly more relevant than any ACC program not named FSU.

Wisconsin may not win important games, but at least they are in important games.

6 hours ago, concha said:

Ohio State had a sub-standard o-line last year.  It was the root of their struggles against other top programs.

No o-line means no running and no passing. The Clemson game showed that in neon lights.

The Bucks' will do fine if there is big improvement there, but I'm not convinced this year will see it happen. They've started bringing in some stellar recruits but they could be a year or two away.

Yeah, as erratic as Barrett was, I neglected to mention the o-line -- specifically Isaiah Prince who was a liability. The d-line has a chance to be lights out this season, which would make the Buckeyes a threat in every game they play.

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

If the SEC was so great then were where they in the 90's or the 80's or the 70's or the early 2000's (2000-2005?). 

I know they have the occaisonal Alabama and UGA Champs in the 80s and 70s. But  where was everyone else? 

didnt miami and nebraska basically own the 90s??

4 hours ago, OdbCle said:

To Dabo's credit, he does appear to have old Urbs number at the moment.

Nah, I don't buy that at all. Sure, Clemson won the only 2 matchups, so scoreboard there. No debate. But Clemson has just happened to play them during seasons in which they were at their best and while OSU was a tad down. Had Clemson faced OSU in 2014 -- the season the Buckeyes won the National title -- I'm fairly confident OSU would have won the game. It's all about timing, especially when you don't face that team every single season. For example, OSU beat Alabama in 2014 but would have got steamrolled had they played the Tide last season. I wouldn't say that Urb has Saban's number due to that one game.

2 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Nah, I don't buy that at all. Sure, Clemson won the only 2 matchups, so scoreboard there. No debate. But Clemson has just happened to play them during seasons in which they were at their best and while OSU was a tad down. Had Clemson faced OSU in 2014 -- the season the Buckeyes won the National title -- I'm fairly confident OSU would have won the game. It's all about timing, especially when you don't face that team every single season. For example, OSU beat Alabama in 2014 but would have got steamrolled had they played the Tide last season. I wouldn't say that Urb has Saban's number due to that one game.

I do agree with this