Dabo Swinney calls out Big Ten/Ohio St

ATLien12x

On 8/9/2017 at 1:13 AM, ThunderRam said:

Well, the B10's best teams were pretty good for the most part. OSU, PSU, Michigan and Wisconsin all had good seasons. They just weren't better than Clemson or Alabama. Neither was anybody else. How much you wanna bet all 4 of those teams will be pretty good again this season?

Exposed my @$$. The SEC had a recent poor showing in bowl games. Doesn't mean the conference was exposed or isn't among the best. You can spin things all you want, but all 4 of those B10 teams were top 15 caliber teams and were capable of beating any team in the Nation not named Clemson or Alabama.

Dabo got it right.  That conference did not have any true elite teams this past year.  The East was like 0-5 in bowl games.  The lead won 3 bowl - (wisconsin, Minn, NW)  Michigan struggled multiple teams finally losing to Iowa and then Ohio St.  They played weak sisters of the poor the entire year.  Beat Penn st team early that wasn't playing good at the time and who had already got beat.

Ohio state got manhandled in the playoffs 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Texasball said:

Dabo got it right.  That conference did not have any true elite teams this past year.  The East was like 0-5 in bowl games.  The lead won 3 bowl - (wisconsin, Minn, NW)  Michigan struggled multiple teams finally losing to Iowa and then Ohio St.  They played weak sisters of the poor the entire year.  Beat Penn st team early that wasn't playing good at the time and who had already got beat.

Ohio state got manhandled in the playoffs 

Worth noting that Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa and Penn St for all intents and purposes played away games.

Also, I've always wondered how things would turn out if games were played on more location and climate-equitable circumstances.

Remember that cold Sun Bowl between ND and Miami a few years back? It was hilarious watching a warm weather team freeze their nutsacks off while the heavily northern opponent played like it was just another day at the office.

On August 8, 2017 at 9:13 PM, maxchoboian said:

You are all over the board, just throwing stuff out there without even thinking. Because you know it is tough to argue the proof that is in the SEC-football-success pudding.

@TheMaximumHornetSting is just a hater lol.   In all that ranting, he claims LSU and Bama are the only reasons people think the SEC is good lol.   No credit to the team that started this trend....SMH.

On August 9, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Nolebull813 said:

The reason why ESPN hypes the Big 10 is because practically everyone who works for them is a Big 10 alum

The SEC gets the most hype but deservedly so. 

The Big 10 is a cash cow so it makes sense to follow the dollars. That's why they only talk about big market teams or stories that attract attention like the Warriors or Lebron. 

Back in 05 they had a season long circle jerk about USC being the best team in history when they weren't even the best team that year. Lol. 

In conclusion ESPN is trash 

So true!

We all know how that ended.  Florida and USC FTW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, concha said:

And then there was 2014 where tOSU won with a 3rd string QB, beating the West Coast's wet dream team and 'Bama.

Wasn't it the other way around?  But, yes that was a VERY impressive Playoff run for OSU.   Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the media upset that OSU made it?    Seems like teams really respond when being a bit disrespected.   It's why I want UF to be unranked for the Michigan game.    We've had OSU's #, but Michigan has certainly had ours!

On 8/7/2017 at 11:17 PM, ATLien12x said:

During a radio interview with WCCP-FM's Walt Deptula on Monday, Swinney said he doesn't watch many Big Ten games during the season but felt the conference was overrated after watching Ohio State in preparation for the bowl game.

"Go back to last year. We're trying to figure out a way to put four Big Ten teams in the playoff," Swinney said. "And I didn't pay no attention to the Big Ten. You just kind of buy it (the Big Ten hype), right? That's just what's out there. And then we get ready to play Ohio State and I start watching the tape, I watch every single game and I go in and tell our guys, I'm like, 'Boys, these guys are in trouble.' I mean, I've watched the whole league, I've gone through the whole league both sides, these guys are in trouble. And that's exactly what happened."

The Fiesta Bowl was Ohio State's first shutout in any game since 1993. As a whole, the Big Ten went just 3-7 in last year's bowl games, including losses in New Year's Six games by Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan.

Their best team got manhandled by Clemson, what's there to discuss about Dabo's comments?