Hail Trump!!

Nolebull813

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

i worked at a hospital for 3 years. I saw more people come in for headaches and tooth aches then they did for emergency things

I actually do have a niece who seems to make frequent visits to the ER for stupid stuff.  I want to slap her sometimes.

Just now, Cal 14 said:

Again... the whole point of the ACA.  Those people should have gone to see a regular doctor with their insurance.  Furthermore, whether or not this was the case has a lot to due with whether or not your state expanded medicare.

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/us/Documents/life-sciences-health-care/us-lshc-emergency-room-use-under-the-aca.pdf

But see they dont have insurance and since they know they are not gonna be turned away they go to the hospital and waste everyone time and money. What about the drunks and mental people that go to hospitals now with no insurance. Should they be there?? NOOOO. They cant afford to be there. Get the mental people back in the psych wards and out of the hospitals

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But see they dont have insurance and since they know they are not gonna be turned away they go to the hospital and waste everyone time and money. What about the drunks and mental people that go to hospitals now with no insurance. Should they be there?? NOOOO. They cant afford to be there. Get the mental people back in the psych wards and out of the hospitals

Don't disagree that mental health services are important (and happened to have been expanded in the ACA).  But, it's also among the priciest forms of treatment.  Once again, who benefits a lot from that?  Big pharma.  We're full-circle again.

2 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

The additional coverage is 100% optional.  If you don't want it, don't buy it.  This guy happened to want it.  Isn't that your point?

No my point is why wd I need to buy additional ins so I can be seen quicker and for less serious conditions. My point is with government controlled healthcare who determines what is serious for me and what is not? I suffer from gout, Ill tell you it is serious as hell for me. When it flares up I get right in to see my DR. Who is to say with gov healthcare that option is still available to me?  

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I dont go to anybody at any point in time. 

That's good.  I haven't been to an ER since I was a teenager.  I only visit a doctor if I can't get over being sick for over 3 weeks or a month, which very rarely happens.  We're fortunate in that regard.

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

No my point is why wd I need to buy additional ins so I can be seen quicker and for less serious conditions. My point is with government controlled healthcare who determines what is serious for me and what is not? I suffer from gout, Ill tell you it is serious as hell for me. When it flares up I get right in to see my DR. Who is to say with gov healthcare that option is still available to me?  

It's common to fear the unknown.  But what we have now doesn't work for a couple dozen of millions.  What we had before didn't work for upwards of 5x that many.  Why would you assume that what works for the UK, France, Spain, Germany.... ---> virtually every other civilized country...  wouldn't work here?

Just now, Cal 14 said:

It's common to fear the unknown.  But what we have now doesn't work for a couple dozen of millions.  What we had before didn't work for upwards of 5x that many.  Why would you assume that what works for the UK, France, Spain, Germany.... ---> virtually every other civilized country...  wouldn't work here?

Dont have the population that the US does

UK population is 65 million

France is at 66 million

Spain 46 million

USA 323 million

2 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

There is quite a bit that works in other countries that never have and never will work here. We are full circle for sure because I keep coming back to why do I as a hard working 45-55 hour work week, have to pay for illegal immigrants or those who choose not to work?

8 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

There is quite a bit that works in other countries that never have and never will work here. We are full circle for sure because I keep coming back to why do I as a hard working 45-55 hour work week, have to pay for illegal immigrants or those who choose not to work?

Illegal immigration (and immigration, in general) is an issue that has to be addressed.  If you can tell me that countless American citizens are looking for work as maids, field workers, dish washers, car washers, etc., then I will agree that we could actually afford to eliminate illegal immigration altogether.  The sooner we, as a nation, work to reform our immigration policies, then the sooner we can get these immigrants on proper payrolls (paying taxes and the like).  The longer we, as a nation, continue to ignore this issue, the longer we have situations you describe.

As it is now, we are seeing fewer immigrants than before.  Here is among the results of that:

http://www.independent.com/news/2017/jun/22/labor-shortage-leaves-13-million-crops-rot-fields/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/oct/14/alabama-immigration-law-workers

https://www.usimmigration.com/georgia-crops-to-rot.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Illegal immigration (and immigration, in general) is an issue that has to be addressed.  If you can tell me that countless American citizens are looking for work as maids, field workers, dish washers, car washers, etc., then I will agree that we could actually afford to eliminate illegal immigration altogether.  The sooner we, as a nation, work to reform our immigration policies, then the sooner we can get these immigrants on proper payrolls (paying taxes and the like).  The longer we, as a nation, continue to ignore this issue, the longer we have situations you describe.

As it is now, we are seeing fewer immigrants than before.  Here is among the results of that:

http://www.independent.com/news/2017/jun/22/labor-shortage-leaves-13-million-crops-rot-fields/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/oct/14/alabama-immigration-law-workers

https://www.usimmigration.com/georgia-crops-to-rot.html

For every illegal that is being taken out of this country and rightfully so somebody should be taken off the welfare rolls to take over the job that the illegal was doing

Just now, HSFBfan said:

For every illegal that is being taken out of this country and rightfully so somebody should be taken off the welfare rolls to take over the job that the illegal was doing

Well, that's clearly not happening.  So, what do we do?  My solution would be to issue a temporary VISA to said immigrant and tax his/her eventual income from said VISA.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cal 14 said:

Well, that's clearly not happening.  So, what do we do?  My solution would be to issue a temporary VISA to said immigrant and tax his/her eventual income from said VISA.

No because when said Visa runs out they stay here and dont go back. The federal government idc what part you are should do it. If we take 1000 people that are illegal out thats 1000 jobs. Thats a 1000 people off welfare. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

No because when said Visa runs out they stay here and dont go back

The likelihood of that happening reduces if a reformed immigration policy puts them on a path to citizenship.  If a carrot is put in front of them to avoid prosecution or deportation, more than likely they will remain on that path.

Incidentally, more people overstay their VISAs from Asia than from our southern border.

Just now, Cal 14 said:

The likelihood of that happening reduces if a reformed immigration policy puts them on a path to citizenship.  If a carrot is put in front of them to avoid prosecution or deportation, more than likely they will remain on that path.

Incidentally, more people overstay their VISAs from Asia than from our southern border.

I dont trust people that will do the right thing there. They just deported a guy in hawaii that was smuggled here illegally had a bunch of years to become a citizen and never did

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

No because when said Visa runs out they stay here and dont go back. The federal government idc what part you are should do it. If we take 1000 people that are illegal out thats 1000 jobs. Thats a 1000 people off welfare. 

Problem is MOST US citizens wont do the work that the illegal immigrant was doing.

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I dont trust people that will do the right thing there. They just deported a guy in hawaii that was smuggled here illegally had a bunch of years to become a citizen and never did

Society is based on trust (for better or worse).  If you don't want to live in a society, you can move to Wyoming where your nearest neighbor could be 20 miles away.

Just now, Cal 14 said:

Society is based on trust (for better or worse).  If you don't want to live in a society, you can move to Wyoming where your nearest neighbor could be 20 miles away.

I can do that a lot closer then wyoming lol but no i dont trust people in our society and so im certainly not gonna trust illegals to do the right thing to become a citizen. The other thing that has to be stopped is having the money that is being made by the illegals shipped back home where they are living in mansions and have multiple houses which yes i know to be a fact

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

Problem is MOST US citizens wont do the work that the illegal immigrant was doing.

Yep... if we reform our immigration policy, a lot of these problems potentially go away.

I find it funny that the non-border states sometimes want Trump's wall, while border states like Texas and California know it's not going to do any good and will be a waste of money.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Very good post. I agree something has to be done and soon. I would just like for us to start enforcing the laws we currently have on the books. It is at least a start.

• Like 1