Tiers are back

OldTerrapin

41 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

Agree? don't agree?

May be an image of text that says 'LLSPORTS CULTURE NFL LOGO TIER LIST TIER ONE MM MIA. DOLPHINS PHI ERGLES BAL RAUENS BUF BILLS TIER TWO MIN. UIKINGS TEN TITANS FALCONS DET.LIONS RAIDERS JAX PATRIOTS TIER THREE BUCCANEERS RAIDERS ã‚“ CHARGERS SERHAWKS TIER FOUR DEN BRONCOS ARI CARDINALS SF. 49ERS TIER FIVE TEXANS IND. COLTS Steelers CAR PANTHERS KC. CHIEFS L RAMS 1B CIN. BENAGLS GB. PACKERS STEELERS SAINTS TIER SIX NEW YORK xCny COMMANDERS NY.JETS OWBOYS BEARS NY. GIANTS CLE. BROWNS'

Even though I am no fan of either team, Pittsburgh and Dallas way too low. Both as iconic and American as they come. Haters shouldn't do tiers just saying .🤠

I'm personally deducting points if a team can't be bothered to incorporate their logo onto their helmet, with my reasoning being the helmet is the primary visual queue for a team. All that to say there's no chance I'd have Philly's bird and the Vikes' Hulk Hogan cosplay in Tier 1. I'm okay with Cowboys' star taking one of those spots but cannot support Pittsburgh's copyright infringement of the steel industry ascending to that tier. I say elevate the Raiders from Tier 2 for similar reasons as Dallas.

Niners and Packers are the same concept with a small tweak; they belong in lockstep with one another and think Tier 5 is the spot for both. Elevate Saints to Tier 4 to accommodate for this.

Pats, Jags, Broncos, and Panthers are all logos that are relics of the nineties to me, in both style and color choice. Not a fan of any and think any higher than Tier 3 is generous.

Finally, there needs to be a Tier 7 solely for the Cards' continuing limp-dickery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

I'm personally deducting points if a team can't be bothered to incorporate their logo onto their helmet, with my reasoning being the helmet is the primary visual queue for a team. All that to say there's no chance I'd have Philly's bird and the Vikes' Hulk Hogan cosplay in Tier 1. I'm okay with Cowboys' star taking one of those spots but cannot support Pittsburgh's copyright infringement of the steel industry ascending to that tier. I say elevate the Raiders from Tier 2 for similar reasons as Dallas.

Niners and Packers are the same concept with a small tweak; they belong in lockstep with one another and think Tier 5 is the spot for both. Elevate Saints to Tier 4 to accommodate for this.

Pats, Jags, Broncos, and Panthers are all logos that are relics of the nineties to me, in both style and color choice. Not a fan of any and think any higher than Tier 3 is generous.

Finally, there needs to be a Tier 7 solely for the Cards' continuing limp-dickery.

… and a 😂.  Well done sir.  

• Thanks 1

Having grown up in NJ, I dig the GIANTS older helmet with the underline vs NY.  

Dad took me to a few games at Yankee stadium and I believe the season before the Meadowlands opened, we attended a game at Shea Stadium.  I think it was the ‘75 season.   The Giants have been playing in NJ since ‘76.  

I'll give this a shot with some justification built in:

Tier 1

Chargers - distinct, readily identifiable, and consistent theme through the generations.

Ravens - best logo to come out of league's 90's expansion/mass revamp. 

Cowboys - simple, iconic, and impossible to tell the tale of the league's rise without it.

Raiders - AFC Cowboys.

Bills - consistent style and color palette that has remained steady regardless of trends.

Chiefs - same principles as Cowboys/Raiders on a lesser scale.

Titans - found a way to update based on a change in locale while still connecting to legacy in Houston via color scheme.

Tier 2 - quality updates on already decent legacy products 

Falcons/Lions/Dolphins/Seahawks 

Tier 3 - zoo creatures (and the Saints)

Colts - effective if unspectacular 

Eagles - more like "Eh-gles". Their shift from the vibrant kelly green to the weird teal-midnight blue illegitimate child is criminal.

Texans - quality logo that incorporates local iconography (longhorn, lone star) that loses points for piggybacking on the Pats and Giants color schemes. 

Saints - visually okay but somewhat challenging for a third grader to recreate on notebook paper (an often overlooked consideration).

Tier 4 - various forms of intellectual property theft 

Steelers - certainly iconic, even if it is a borderline intellectual property theft.

Bucs - I personally miss Bucco Bruce and the creamsicle color scheme. Butts into the Raiders' turf a bit.

Vikings - as a long-haired blond guy I demand royalties.

Tier 5 - the Nineties, brought to you by Anchor Blue 

Pats/Broncos - accomplished teams that traded longstanding, visually striking color schemes in favor of muted grunge-era variations. Sadly both teams have won too many titles with the current looks to ever see them fade away.

Panthers/Jags - Jacksonville's teal was a staple of nineties era expansion teams (see Hornets and Diamondbacks) while the Panthers electric blue is in a similar boat.

Tier 6 - alphabet soup

Bears/Giants/Niners/Packers/Bengals/Rams

Tier 7 - coat of arms?

Jets/Commanders 

Tier 8 - one miserly family of carpetbaggers delusional quest to cling to a nonexistent glorious past even when you're based out of a region that friggin' cardinals don't even inhabit 

Cardinals 

I think that covers it; Browns omitted as a helmet is not a logo.

• Like 2

Thought of an idea for another thread @OldTerrapin @Wooderson

All NFL teams listed:   We could make a comment about each team, have a little fun and reminisce some good, bad and ugly moments, whether vs the team we rooted for or any moment of yesteryear that one thinks of.  I bet some of the older guys could have fun with this.   My angle would be as a Giants fan, but the kid rule is you must root for a winner... so my choice was the Steelers :). 

That's my Abby Normal brain teaser for a future hopeful thread if I successfully get off this forum and finish my freaking goals today!   

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Thought of an idea for another thread @OldTerrapin @Wooderson

All NFL teams listed:   We could make a comment about each team, have a little fun and reminisce some good, bad and ugly moments, whether vs the team we rooted for or any moment of yesteryear that one thinks of.  I bet some of the older guys could have fun with this.   My angle would be as a Giants fan, but the kid rule is you must root for a winner... so my choice was the Steelers :). 

That's my Abby Normal brain teaser for a future hopeful thread if I successfully get off this forum and finish my freaking goals today!   

In January 1991 the Giants taught me that I'm not allowed to have nice things (Bills fan, thanks largely to the team of lobsterbacks in Maricopa County being bloody dreadful the duration of my childhood).

With regard to the crimson parakeets, my first NFL game was when I was when I was in college in 2002(?). Cardinals were playing the Cowboys in what was considered a rivalry game in these parts ("rivalry" = Cowboys fans from all parts of the Southwest would fill Sun Devil Stadium, along with the Bidwill's bank account). Inexplicably the Cards won that day (maybe not so inexplicably - these were Quincy Carter's Cowboys after all) while my buddy and I cracked jokes about Emmitt Smith looking lamenting Dallas' sad state at that point. I like to think this played a role in Mr. Smith coming to Arizona the next season to form a super team with...Jeff Blake?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Sorry but this is just not true. 4F136FF5-FE1B-4D5D-BB87-974E3D8E1A3F.thumb.png.5d7832c7a29ee6f39389319e5a7735f7.png

Carry on

I stand corrected. Not intellectual property theft.

I still don't like the logo and probably should bump them down a level out of spite for messing up my organizational structure, but I'll let it slide.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

In January 1991 the Giants taught me that I'm not allowed to have nice things (Bills fan, thanks largely to the team of lobsterbacks in Maricopa County being bloody dreadful the duration of my childhood).

With regard to the crimson parakeets, my first NFL game was when I was when I was in college in 2002(?). Cardinals were playing the Cowboys in what was considered a rivalry game in these parts ("rivalry" = Cowboys fans from all parts of the Southwest would fill Sun Devil Stadium, along with the Bidwill's bank account). Inexplicably the Cards won that day (maybe not so inexplicably - these were Quincy Carter's Cowboys after all) while my buddy and I cracked jokes about Emmitt Smith looking lamenting Dallas' sad state at that point. I like to think this played a role in Mr. Smith coming to Arizona the next season to form a super team with...Jeff Blake?

:)  Good stuff.   Like/Lol combo works for me.  I’ll get shit for what about I’m about to post, but the ones that will point the Glock (unloaded lol) at me are likely from NJ/NY lol.  One of my best friends has a bday today, who grew up minutes from the Meadowlands, dug his brothers rooting for Staubach.  He jumped on and has been complaining to me about Jerry Jones for many years lol. 

Smith was overrated as a rb.  Yep, I said it.  Very good sure.  Great like Mt Rushmore of RB’s?  F no.  Their OL F yes lol. 

I caught one Cards game at Yankee stadium and one at The Meadowlands.  I was really young in NY, probably Hart was the QB.  I’d have to check a football reference guide to be sure.  That’s what my double whiskey senses are telling me. Lomax was the QB in the other game. 

Dad got to choose 4 games a year with other work colleagues for a good 8-10 years.  Cowboys, Redskins and Eagles were always a treat, along with any AFC power or non division NFC power.