Largest Attendance: OOS Games:

RedZone

In 2003 Longview and Evangel Christian pulled in 20,000 at Independence Stadium (Shreveport).

You have to understand Longview is only 60 miles from Shreveport and Longview has a population of 82,000.....fairly nice sized town. Longview is really the only game in Longview too.

Still a nice crowd for a high school game....Evangel clocked out of that game after halftime. 😃

I can't find any photos of the crowd probably looked a lot like the West Monroe/Longview game.

SHREVEPORT, LA - Jerrel Williams scored three second half touchdowns and Marcus Maxey returned an interception for a score as the Longview Lobos rallied with 29 unanswered points to upend Evangel Christian Academy 43-26 here Saturday night before an estimated crowd of 20,000 at Independence Stadium.

The Lobos, who trailed 26-14 at halftime, used a 22-point fourth quarter to pull off their second win in two years over the nationally ranked Eagles. Evangel came into the ballgame ranked No. 2 in the country by USA Today and the Tony Poll. Longview was ranked sixth by the National Prep Football Poll and fifth in the state of Texas by The Associated Press.

Was trying to find a game attendance for a game I attended (unsuccessfully thus far) and stumbled upon this link regarding a drop in attendance in HS sports.  Article is from 2019 regarding a trend.  

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/03/08/nj-high-school-sports-attendance-decline-administrators-njsiaa-worried/3090381002/

1 hour ago, dan in daytona said:

FHSAA large school championship (payed) attendance record : 23,101

Miami Northwestern vs Lake Brantley, 2006, Miami Gardens. 

Attended by many posters from old Rivals national board, Flavarsity, FloridaHSFootball(Huddle), and other FL. websites that have faded from memory....

Was that when Northwestern had that doc movie about them "Year of the Bull" I think it was called?

3 hours ago, OldTerrapin said:

Was that when Northwestern had that doc movie about them "Year of the Bull" I think it was called?

No... documentary "Year of the Bull " Starring DE Taurean Charles was released in 2003. I think it was filmed in the 2001 season,Taurean's senior year. Apopka beat them in the Championship. He signed with U of Florida in 2002. Got kicked off team and finished college playing career at Bethune-Cookman in Daytona Beach (2004,5,6 season ?). At 6' 2-3 and 240 he was a stud college linebacker. Above is highlight video of the doc "Year of the Bull."  Entire film is out there, but you got to  look for it.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

If I recall correctly, there was much drama before the 6A  2006 state championship game between the MNW Bulls and Lake Brantley from Altamonte Springs (Orlando suburb). The Bulls always travel well but this was damn near a HOME GAME. My guess they had 16-18K of the 23,000 plus crowd and they were buzzing. Their 1,500 yard star RB Antwain Easterling had gotten in trouble earlier in the week and word was he wasn't playing. He wasn't in warmups before the game. When both teams reentered just before kickoff #3 still wasn't seen. Then you hear a small section above the home tunnel hollering and the it gets louder as #3 Easterling slowly comes out into view. Every Bull in the place was on their feet. The theater was set, and Miami's staff directed it perfectly. I'm thinking Lake Brantley's in trouble. And they were. They lost by twenty (34-14) and that was a testament to them never giving up despite a large talent deficiency on the field and a large vocal opposition in the stands.      

On 3/2/2022 at 8:02 PM, RedZone said:

fatjoe said he was there at the game and the house was rocking with over 10,000.....the local paper said there were 3400 there.

He was called on it..

That guy there, man. smdh

Yea SFA is not a real draw. They dont really even get any mention in any of the local media.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

No... documentary "Year of the Bull " Starring DE Taurean Charles was released in 2003. I think it was filmed in the 2001 season,Taurean's senior year. Apopka beat them in the Championship. He signed with U of Florida in 2002. Got kicked off team and finished college playing career at Bethune-Cookman in Daytona Beach (2004,5,6 season ?). At 6' 2-3 and 240 he was a stud college linebacker. Above is highlight video of the doc "Year of the Bull."  Entire film is out there, but you got to  look for it.  

Roland Smith was coaching for MNW and is in the vid (current/former? HC Miami Central).  He may have also signed an off the field contract with the U (like Jason Taylor just did).  

On 3/2/2022 at 8:02 PM, RedZone said:

fatjoe said he was there at the game and the house was rocking with over 10,000.....the local paper said there were 3400 there.

He was called on it..

That guy there, man. smdh

Don’t act so surprised.
He also said there were three practice fields “full of ballers,” at BS, as I recall.

• Haha 3

On 3/2/2022 at 7:53 PM, HurricaneNick said:

IMG may have brought 25 people. One thing for sure is that they didn’t bring 5 people to the st Frances game that #fatjoe claimed was a #pglsellout! 😂😂😂

There were a few when we played IMG at Grayson but not many.  I think most of the people on the visitor's side were people that just came to see them play but had no affiliation with them.  Still way less than 100.

When we played Miami Central at Grayson they wound up almost filling the stands.  I talked with a few and they were either alum or people that grew up in Miami and now lived in Atlanta.  They didn't stay to the end of the game ( 🤣 ) but they were pretty solid through halftime.