Gas $4.29 in Destin Florida today.

HooverOutlaw

Pretty sure we saw it reach some prices closer to 5 the last time it got out of control. 

It's interesting to me to be around a gas station, no truck brings any new load of gas and you blink your eyes and the price jumps 25 cents. 

Its the same gas. It's not a more expensive load. The same gas that was in the underground tank 10 minutes ago is suddenly worth more now. No new refining or shipping costs on that tank underground, yet, somehow the supplier makes a call to the store and says raise it and they do.

They fuck with the prices at will. A lot of it seems an awful lot like gouging and manipulation.  It's like spilled milk though. No sense crying about it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Its the same gas. It's not a more expensive load. The same gas that was in the underground tank 10 minutes ago is suddenly worth more now. No new refining or shipping costs on that tank underground, yet, somehow the supplier makes a call to the store and says raise it and they do.

They fuck with the prices at will. A lot of it seems an awful lot like gouging and manipulation.  It's like spilled milk though. No sense crying about it. 

This isn’t supposed to happen. Gas prices shouldn’t change until they start refining the more expensive ingredients.  Let’s hope they are screwing with it so we are already seeing the increase.  With the recent changes to oil prices we should see another 25 to 50 cents/gal depending on where you live.

But yes, there is likely greed based gouging going on.  Fossil fuel greed isn’t a uniquely American oil company situation.  The oil rich OPEC nations, having gotten fabulously wealthy off the stuff have reached a point where they are living large and aren’t in a hurry to give the stuff away like in years past so that won’t help.

Americans have long enjoyed significantly favorable gas prices compared to much of the rest of the world, but now it’s time to pay the piper.   This does add fuel to the fire on the “new world order” deal, whereby making oil/gas more level across the world is said to be one of the goals. Who knows, we might actually be starting to run low on the stuff.  Imagine the chaos if it was released that we only have something like 50 years worth left?  I’m glad I won’t be around for the oil war.

16 minutes ago, On2whls said:

This isn’t supposed to happen. Gas prices shouldn’t change until they start refining the more expensive ingredients.  Let’s hope they are screwing with it so we are already seeing the increase.  With the recent changes to oil prices we should see another 25 to 50 cents/gal depending on where you live.

But yes, there is likely greed based gouging going on.  Fossil fuel greed isn’t a uniquely American oil company situation.  The oil rich OPEC nations, having gotten fabulously wealthy off the stuff have reached a point where they are living large and aren’t in a hurry to give the stuff away like in years past so that won’t help.

Americans have long enjoyed significantly favorable gas prices compared to much of the rest of the world, but now it’s time to pay the piper.   This does add fuel to the fire on the “new world order” deal, whereby making oil/gas more level across the world is said to be one of the goals. Who knows, we might actually be starting to run low on the stuff.  Imagine the chaos if it was released that we only have something like 50 years worth left?  I’m glad I won’t be around for the oil war.

I'll tell you what seems to be a fantasy story, but, is as real as it gets sadly. 

One of my better friends manages a convenience store. She and I were talking at her work during lunch one day, not a few days after the election. Her supplier called her and told her to raise the price 31 cents per gallon. She hangs up the phone and looks at me and says Fuck Joe Biden. Joe wasn't even president. Nothing he did or could do during the time between election day and inauguration day could technically make prices go up. 

So why did they raise prices that day? On fuel thats already underground in the tank? They told her it was due to Biden's potential changes in "friendliness" to the oil industry. 

They manipulate us, the economy and politics at will. Its why it doesn't make any sense to be back here smacking each other around about this and that. 

Fuck them all. They can set the price to benefit whoever they want whenever they want, regardless of whether its the same fuel in the underground tank or some that was supposed to be much more difficult to get due to drilling policies of a president or a war in Ukraine.  

It can be argued they're screwing with it so we already see the increase, just like after the election, but, to me, they're making larger profit for a couple of extra months. Greed.

Its what happens when living in an capitalist economy/ country. Greed and screwing people over is rewarded by becoming richer which is why big business owners got richer during a pandemic and also decided to fire their workers. I don't care for either but this is more so a republican thing. Plenty of dems screw over this country but republicans blow them out the water. Gas is up because 99% of officials are paid off by big oil and so on. Which is why im all for the proposed bill of not letting them have any financial income outside of their govt jobs. I forgot the guys name but he was the first to raise and collect money to run for office and after that everything went downhill. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/589520-hawley-introduces-bill-banning-lawmakers-from-making-stock-trades-in-office

10 hours ago, On2whls said:

Who knows, we might actually be starting to run low on the stuff.  Imagine the chaos if it was released that we only have something like 50 years worth left? 

Not exactly....🙄

https://www.upstreamonline.com/exclusive/at-least-3-billion-barrels-totalenergies-venus-is-sub-saharan-africas-biggest-ever-oil-discovery/2-1-1174983

However, WoodMac’s note for clients said it now “conservatively estimates recoverable oil volumes of over 3 billion barrels,” pointing out that “Venus is set to become Sub-Saharan Africa’s biggest ever oil discovery.”

Africa is just getting on board...

🤓

We are negotiating with Iran to send them money so they can launch wars against Israel and other Arab states, so we can get their oil, and RUSSIA is the intermediary.

We are now begging the autocrats in Venezuela who a few years ago were ruthlessly putting down a democratic revolution.

We have all the energy we need right here, and the Democrats have banned its production.

This is WHAT you have done to us, the Democratic voter.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1