Chandler scrimmaged Peoria Centennial today

golfaddict1

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Indeed but wish games like this weren't scrimmages or kick off classics.   Great test to see where your team stands, but from a fan's perspective kind of blah.  

STA better beat Cent. by at least 2 or more TDs although I'm rooting for a big time upset. 

Your not going to see coaches put much into these type of scrimmages especially this early.

7 hours ago, coach_warren said:

Remember when one of the worst Poly teams went to Arizona and beat them? Lol

That poly team wasn't that bad. 

8-2 without the forfeit losses. Blowout losses to BG and a legit DLS squad who if didn't blow the trinity game probably finish 1 in the country. 

They beat Narboone who was a pretty good squad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

That poly team wasn't that bad. 

8-2 without the forfeit losses. Blowout losses to BG and a legit DLS squad who if didn't blow the trinity game probably finish 1 in the country. 

They beat Narboone who was a pretty good squad. 

Thank God we have first round losers who can prevent DLS always winning the MNC as long as they finish undefeated.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

STA better beat Cent. by at least 2 or more TDs although I'm rooting for a big time upset. 

Your not going to see coaches put much into these type of scrimmages especially this early.

Would you be saying that if it was Chandler playing STA, because frankly Chandler didn't do much to separate themselves from Centennial last night.  Their first-team D looked nasty for one set of downs before leveling out, and any momentum their offense exhibited got checked by turnover issues.  

6 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Would you be saying that if it was Chandler playing STA, because frankly Chandler didn't do much to separate themselves from Centennial last night.  Their first-team D looked nasty for one set of downs before leveling out, and any momentum their offense exhibited got checked by turnover issues.  

What I am saying is going into this game STA should be a big time favorite in this game. Pretty cut and dry. I take very little stock in scrimmages.

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

I see...you'd rather be Obert's parrot than exhibit any discerning opinion of your own. Cool!!!

I don't know what bug crawled up your ass but I did not even read anything by Richard so I have no idea what you are talking about. I responded to a post by golf because I know he follows Az football.

17 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

I don't know what bug crawled up your ass but I did not even read anything by Richard so I have no idea what you are talking about. I responded to a post by golf because I know he follows Az football.

As a guy that actually does follow Arizona high school football I prefer that our national perception is crafted by guys that follow Arizona high school football, not guys that make Captain Obvious statements about 2016 Saguaro running the table if they handle their two out-of-state opponents or will discuss the decline of Hamilton football without a single mention of the impact that statewide open enrollment has on the Arizona prep sports scene.  The national perception of the Arizona high school football scene is damaged intensely by a local media that can't acknowledge that there's a huge part of the state west of the 51, and it's certainly not helped by "fans" that ignore what actually happens on the field in favor of holding the inane sentiments of intellectually-lazy sportswriters as some sort of gospel.  

9 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

As a guy that actually does follow Arizona high school football I prefer that our national perception is crafted by guys that follow Arizona high school football, not guys that make Captain Obvious statements about 2016 Saguaro running the table if they handle their two out-of-state opponents or will discuss the decline of Hamilton football without a single mention of the impact that statewide open enrollment has on the Arizona prep sports scene.  The national perception of the Arizona high school football scene is damaged intensely by a local media that can't acknowledge that there's a huge part of the state west of the 51, and it's certainly not helped by "fans" that ignore what actually happens on the field in favor of holding the inane sentiments of intellectually-lazy sportswriters as some sort of gospel.  

Whatever your agenda is have fun and keep it to yourself because you are wasting my time.

5 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Whatever your agenda is have fun and keep it to yourself because you are wasting my time.

My only "agenda" is that people have an honest perception of Arizona high school football.  They don't get that when their only outlets for information are Richard Obert and the people that accept his opinion as having significant value.  

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

My only "agenda" is that people have an honest perception of Arizona high school football.  They don't get that when their only outlets for information are Richard Obert and the people that accept his opinion as having significant value.  

Yea your agenda is you have a hard on for Richard Overt for whatever reason. Get over it. Who cares what he says?

10 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Yea your agenda is you have a hard on for Richard Overt for whatever reason. Get over it. Who cares what he says?

When the national opinion of Arizona high school football is the same exact opinion that he trots out (and is poorly grounded on multiple levels) I care, and anyone who claims to be a fan of our local football scene should care as well.  If he was a local hack that people just pointed and laughed at I would not care less, but this guy is held up as the authority on the matter despite never exhibiting any adeptness with his thoughts to back that billing up.  

18 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

When the national opinion of Arizona high school football is the same exact opinion that he trots out (and is poorly grounded on multiple levels) I care, and anyone who claims to be a fan of our local football scene should care as well.  If he was a local hack that people just pointed and laughed at I would not care less, but this guy is held up as the authority on the matter despite never exhibiting any adeptness with his thoughts to back that billing up.  

Like I said you have an axe to grind with Obert. I can't worry about such trivial things.