Is the Dollar in Danger

Warrior

9 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Brazil just signed on for energy and trade from China by yuan ....

and you post "reality checks" ???

LOLOLOLOL 

You clown yerself... https://www.barrons.com/news/china-brazil-strike-deal-to-ditch-dollar-for-trade-8ed4e799

image.jpeg.e75281ff5a80ddb4ea9df3df72dbb0f4.jpeg

PS: How's yer Cramer index hoax

working out for ya ?  LOLOL

BTW: Brics is gold backed,

unlike the dollar...

On 3/16/2022 at 4:02 PM, Ga96 said:

Don't worry those that are educated know the dollar is not in danger. One of the simple facts of the matter all countries benefit from banking on the US dollar even more than their own currency. 

add ally France

to that list

of all those ditching

the petro-dollar...

PS: https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/china-completes-first-yuan-settled-lng-trade

BTW: 💩 

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Nice April fools twit LOL...

but if several other countries (including NATO allies) announce they are ditching the petro-dollar in favor of other currencies,

what exactly are you going to call that...

if not "the dollar losing it's currency status". 

PS:image.jpeg.e75281ff5a80ddb4ea9df3df72dbb0f4.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Warrior said:

BRICS-Expansion_2.jpg?resize=900%2C561&quality=90&strip=all&ssl=1

The BRICS Has Overtaken The G7 In Global GDP

The BRICS is also expanding – Bangladesh, Egypt and the UAE have all just joined the BRICS New Development Bank, with numerous other countries poised to do the same.

A real shake up is also to be expected these coming days with Mexico, long part of the North American free trade bloc NAFTA (now superseded by the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA) agreement) poised to join BRICS. That will be seen as a direct affront to Mexico’s US relations and a sign that global economies, even on America’s border, are having serious doubts about the US ability to trade on fair and equal terms.

The current BRICS five now contribute 31.5% of global GDP, while the G7 share has fallen to 30%. The BRICS is expected to contribute over 50% of global GDP by 2030, with the proposed enlargement almost certainly bringing that forward. China’s GDP actually overtook that of the United States in 2015 when comparing economies in purchasing parity terms.

https://www.silkroadbriefing.com/news/2023/03/27/the-brics-has-overtaken-the-g7-in-global-gdp/

45 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Almost like they are focused on all the wrong things right now for a reason.

4880897B-EA43-45C2-96DA-85C44DFC874F.jpeg

At least you’re being honest now.

I’m a tad left of center :) and have had a field day on this side of the site, but not in this thread, unless you share a blatant way right source of course.  :) 

Remember when you initiated this thread, the USD was in a downtrend and then it spiked.  

Market conditions will change and there’s no doubt that the USD world market share will continue to shrink… don’t quote me here, but I believe a recent stat I heard or read was from 70-71% to 59% share.  How low will the share reduce?  Time will tell…

Political scare tactics aside, good luck trading with China and Russia long term, there’s stability  huh.  Investing in China is a very volatile proposition.  Short term maybe.  Again, we’ll see. 

There was a good piece on CNN about it recently and I’ve seen some “easy now” with the demise of the USD from economists.  

Let’s be honest… when the financial chaos hit the markets recently, there was some wicked volatility and a downtrend.   All the recent news on currency changes from other countries didn’t spook the market at all.  Look at last week’s performance.  

The USD is prime for a drop in strength simply due to its long term strength and economic indicators. I’ve added some guesses on this thread in the past with direction, both lower and higher. 

In the 1 and 5 year charts I shared in this thread you can see where the USD is compared.   looks to me like it’s ready to yo-yo for awhile and descend a bit.  We’ll see.  

I’m not concerned about the USD.  I concur with our current fed chair.  Time will tell, but my opinion is not based on politics (scare tactics/wag the dog), it’s about trends and reading charts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

At least you’re being honest now.

I’m a tad left of center :) and have had a field day on this side of the site, but not in this thread, unless you share a blatant way right source of course.  :) 

Remember when you initiated this thread, the USD was in a downtrend and then it spiked.  

Market conditions will change and there’s no doubt that the USD world market share will continue to shrink… don’t quote me here, but I believe a recent stat I heard or read was from 70-71% to 59% share.  How low will the share reduce?  Time will tell…

Political scare tactics aside, good luck trading with China and Russia long term, there’s stability  huh.  Investing in China is a very volatile proposition.  Short term maybe.  Again, we’ll see. 

There was a good piece on CNN about it recently and I’ve seen some “easy now” with the demise of the USD from economists.  

Let’s be honest… when the financial chaos hit the markets recently, there was some wicked volatility and a downtrend.   All the recent news on currency changes from other countries didn’t spook the market at all.  Look at last week’s performance.  

The USD is prime for a drop in strength simply due to its long term strength and economic indicators. I’ve added some guesses on this thread in the past with direction, both lower and higher. 

In the 1 and 5 year charts I shared in this thread you can see where the USD is compared.   looks to me like it’s ready to yo-yo for awhile and descend a bit.  We’ll see.  

I’m not concerned about the USD.  I concur with our current fed chair.  Time will tell, but my opinion is not based on politics (scare tactics/wag the dog), it’s about trends and reading charts. 

You don’t believe the global markets shifting away from the USD could/will have an impact in the next 6 months to a year if this trend continues? 

29 minutes ago, Warrior said:

You don’t believe the global markets shifting away from the USD could/will have an impact in the next 6 months to a year if this trend continues? 

Not remotely that soon and what exactly would be the impact?  Are you implying that one day that Brick House will dominate the USD and our currency will be EM and considered volatile and unstable worldwide?   

As I mentioned, world market share dominated by the USD will decline.  That’s not really a debate with anyone I believe.  If other countries want to play with matches and try to weaken the USD, go for it.  It’s been tried before.  Markets fluctuate and so will the USD.  It’s not going anywhere.  

If this posed such a risk, why did the market crank last week?  Why weren’t futures declining on Friday?   Rhetorical perhaps, but again… when the financial chaos with banks occurred, the market went nuts and not in a good way.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Not remotely that soon and what exactly would be the impact?  Are you implying that one day that Brick House will dominate the USD and our currency will be EM and considered volatile and unstable worldwide?   

As I mentioned, world market share dominated by the USD will decline.  That’s not really a debate with anyone I believe.  If other countries want to play with matches and try to weaken the USD, go for it.  It’s been tried before.  Markets fluctuate and so will the USD.  It’s not going anywhere.  

If this posed such a risk, why did the market crank last week?  Why weren’t futures declining on Friday?   Rhetorical perhaps, but again… when the financial chaos with banks occurred, the market went nuts and not in a good way.   

Now you know I'd rather have a strong dollar ...

And I know you like charts over stats,

But just what exactly do you make of this one single minor stat, 

and how it would rationally effect things moving forward...

"Currently, 80% of the U.S. dollars in the market were printed in the last two years."

PS: and here now you agree that "there's no argument" the dollar is, and continuing to lose, market share...

after posting twits claiming it's not "losing it's reserve currency status"  🤡

BTW: 

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I'll quote ya LOL, if you are talking about the $ "losing it's reserve status" ...

that 59% "target" of yours, was fallen below a couple years back, in 2021 

(here's a chart fer ya 😜)

COTW-dollar-dominance-blog.jpg

https://www.imf.org/en/Blogs/Articles/2022/06/01/blog-dollar-dominance-and-the-rise-of-nontraditional-reserve-currencies

Soooooo.....2021 plus 2 years with a fourfold increase in newly printed supply = ??? 🤔

oh and I wonder just who exactly is holding all that "newly printed currency" 🤔

(chubby checker says it's yer artificially twisted "market", and people wonder how the market is STILL doing so "well")   

20 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Investing in China is a very volatile proposition.  Short term maybe.  Again, we’ll see. 

Agreed but quick question here...

So you think that joey cutting off dem Ruskies from the swift banking system

and confiscating hundreds of billions of dollars held in merican banks

wasn't a signal to the rest of the world? you know...

bout dat dollar risk, and the political servitude risk required for said "stability"?

🤡

PS: or did you miss that "risk" ...

while you put together yer Cramer index charts 🤣

On 3/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, Warrior said:

Do you understand what this means? The US dollar will become worthless if/when the Chinese yuan replaces it. Your 401K’s, retirement funds, etc will all be worthless as well. Everything you have worked for your entire lives - gone. Not to mention the impact to America and our economy.
THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE BEING DISTRACTED FROM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/in-blow-to-biden-saudi-arabia-considers-helping-china-unseat-us-dollar-as-worlds-reserve-currency%3f_amp=true?fbclid=IwAR0Tb21LASCvi6-P6Mmktkdzb4fHSCGGtLYHwo_8kKCqsR3QCdn-eBuHgsI

March 16, 2022 is the day you started this thread… 

3/16/22 NAV close of the UUP etf (I’ve used it enough times so you know what it is) was *26.28 

One year trend monthly from 3/22 - 3/23 attached  (Low close 26.30 March-22,  high close 30.15 sept-22) 

*26.28 3/16/22, 28.36 3/16/23

3/31/23 NAV close 27.88

A year and a few weeks after your initial post date, the UUP ETF starts tomorrow up +6%.  

Nobody will be surprised if the UUP index takes a descent in the next quarter.  What happens the quarters after, we will see.  I certainly will.  I’ll also be tracking inflation #’s and 10 yr treas % in the coming quarters.  Much of it goes hand in hand.  

Good luck changing this to unstable countries collaboration with a volatile currency taking the world’s currency over like SPECTRE or Chaos (spelling) was it?  Get Smart.  Market share reduction is good for countries getting pounded by the USD.  This isn’t a Dr Evil plot folks.  :)   Rest easy tonight and load up on short term treasuries. 

Tomorrow am when I watch two financial shows, inflation numbers and 10 year treas % will take the stage along with company earnings reports.  Only Fox Business News may differ from that focus.  :) 

AD69B1B4-532F-43CA-9F83-CA0480655836.jpeg

On 3/31/2023 at 5:26 PM, Troll said:

Nice April fools twit LOL...

but if several other countries (including NATO allies) announce they are ditching the petro-dollar in favor of other currencies,

what exactly are you going to call that...

if not "the dollar losing it's currency status". 

PS:image.jpeg.e75281ff5a80ddb4ea9df3df72dbb0f4.jpeg

No one in NATO will ditch the dollar. You should stop posting. You or that is a case of naivete.

Notice this is just a proposal for trade between these two countries.

Our finance ministers, each with his own economic team, can make us a proposal for foreign trade and transactions between the two countries that is done in a common currency," Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva said Monday at a news conference in Buenos Aires, Argentina, according to Reuters.

what everyone noticed...

is you wiffed on NATO France...

Ignorancing yer way back to Brazil is not going to help

epecially with BS political quotes being intentionally misrepresented...that SINK yer own case anyway 🤣

💩

PS: you fool

BTW: even boys have more maturity LOL...

20 hours ago, Troll said:

what everyone noticed...

is you wiffed on NATO France...

Ignorancing yer way back to Brazil is not going to help

epecially with BS political quotes being intentionally misrepresented...that SINK yer own case anyway 🤣

💩

PS: you fool

BTW: even boys have more maturity LOL...

You want France and their stance?

France and Arab countries deny ditching the US dollar in oil market

Wednesday, October 7th 2009 05:38 UTC

Full article

“Speculation, speculation” said French Economy Minister Christine Lagarde

France dismissed on Tuesday as “speculation” a British newspaper report that it was in secret talks with Gulf Arab states, Russia, China and Japan to replace the US dollar with a basket of currencies in trading oil.

Asked about the report in The Independent, French Economy Minister Christine Lagarde told Reuters: “Speculation, speculation. We don't like speculation.”

Pushed further on the issue, Lagarde added: “It is not on the agenda.”

The Independent's Middle East correspondent Robert Fisk cited unidentified sources in Gulf Arab states and Chinese banking sources in Hong Kong for his story.

It said the proposal was for trade in crude oil to move over nine years to a basket of currencies including the Japanese yen, the Chinese Yuan, the Euro, gold and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Co-operation Council, which includes Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

Big oil producing nations denied the report on Wednesday.

The head of the United Arab Emirates' central bank said the Gulf nation has no plans to stop pricing oil in dollars or tying its currency to the greenback.

UAE Central Bank Governor Sultan Nasser al-Suweidi told The Associated Press in a statement Tuesday that “there has been no meeting ... whatsoever” to discuss ending the US currency's role in the pricing of oil.

Al-Suweidi “denied totally” a report in Britain's Independent newspaper that said secret meetings were taking place between Arab states, China, Russia, Japan and France to instead use a basket of currencies for oil.

Al-Suweidi says “there is no substitute for the dollar because it is the basis of international trade and investments”.

Saudi Arabia’s Central bank governor, Muhammad al-Jasser, in Istanbul for International Monetary Fund meetings, told reporters that there has been “absolutely nothing” of that nature discussed between Saudi Arabia, the world’s biggest oil exporter, and other countries.

Scrambling to protect the dollar's status as an international yardstick, Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner told reporters the US will do “everything necessary” to maintain confidence in its currency.

Also in Istanbul for the IMF session, Geithner said, ”We recognize that the dollar’s important role in the system conveys special burdens and responsibilities on us, and we are going to do everything necessary to make sure we sustain confidence”.

Now stop your lying.