Calpreps 2022 Preseason Top 25, I guess.

RedZone

17 minutes ago, RedZone said:

So why the ratings/numbers, skippy and what are they based on ...AIR?

Feel like I'm talking to a 11 year old.

The purpose of this tweak/change was to fix the credibility problem associated with the ratings being less accurate early in the season as well as the fact that ratings weren't available at all for the first three weeks of the year.  Now, ratings exist the entire season, even before the first games are played.  Some teams simply start (roughly) at the point they finished at the previous year; most are updated from last year's final rating, up or down, based on information 

like I said only games provide tangible data

what a moron 😂

Just now, Ararar said:

everybody,except you apparently,understands how Calpreps works 

....0's across the board is NO data.....ask your math teacher tomorrow.

If Calpreps releases a Top 25 and everyone has 0 then values should be determined on performance after several weeks. The way it should be and even that is flawed. The entire shit show is flawed.

There are 8 California teams in Calpreps Preseason Poll and they are there because they have ungodly starting positions based on AIR or Bias.....

2 minutes ago, Ararar said:

The purpose of this tweak/change was to fix the credibility problem associated with the ratings being less accurate early in the season as well as the fact that ratings weren't available at all for the first three weeks of the year.  Now, ratings exist the entire season, even before the first games are played.  Some teams simply start (roughly) at the point they finished at the previous year; most are updated from last year's final rating, up or down, based on information 

what a moron 😂

3 minutes ago, Ararar said:

what a moron 😂

Game, set and match to you, sir.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

....0's across the board is NO data.....ask your math teacher tomorrow.

If Calpreps releases a Top 25 and everyone has 0 then values should be determined on performance after several weeks. The way it should be and even that is flawed. The entire shit show is flawed.

There are 8 California teams in Calpreps Preseason Poll and they are there because they have ungodly starting positions based on AIR or Bias.....

Dam Louisiana is dumb 😂 I’m embarrassed for you 

21 hours ago, Ararar said:

That’s the point..there isn’t any so at the moment he’s just guessing 

ya but that's my point why would anyone guess any private school in Fla over STA?   obviously besides IMG.   Like what's Chaminade ever done OOS or in general compared to STA (who was the only team to beat SFA last year).    

Would be like ranking Mission Viejo  over MD or SJB in preseason.   Like you don't need much data for that.  

32 minutes ago, 954gator said:

ya but that's my point why would anyone guess any private school in Fla over STA?   obviously besides IMG.   Like what's Chaminade ever done OOS or in general compared to STA (who was the only team to beat SFA last year).    

Would be like ranking Mission Viejo  over MD or SJB in preseason.   Like you don't need much data for that.  

Since he uses team information at this point he probably has more information on one than the other.

As more information comes in I can almost guarantee you STA will jump

5 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

he couldn’t pass the Calpreps test even with a cheat sheet.

The California kids always amuse when it comes to California Preps.......and, I wouldn't be pounding my chest about states. California is mostly a cesspool, but that's for a different day and more educated audience.

Anyways, 8 California teams in the Calpreps Preseason Top 25, It's just an educated guess though by the computer that has zero data for 2022. What a freakin joke!

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The California kids always amuse when it comes to California Preps.......and, I wouldn't be pounding my chest about states. California is mostly a cesspool, but that's for a different day and more educated audience.

Anyways, 8 California teams in the Calpreps Preseason Top 25, It's just an educated guess though by the computer that has zero data for 2022. What a freakin joke!

Pounding one’s chest to be heard implies opinion, I just stated facts, nice try though.

Anyways, you win the prize for the forum idiot who bashes calpreps at the start of every cycle then as the season progresses uses calpreps to prop up every argument they have on matchups (real or perceived). I think the term they use to describe that condition is “bi-polar” or “schizophrenic”. Maybe if you see a mental health professionals they can help you decipher that mess in your head, I’ll even pay for your first session. While your figuring out your next move I’ll be kicking it in my million dollar CESSPOOL Lake Tahoe vacation cabin. 

• Like 1

Very strange on how they do these projections so we will take one team I’m familiar with in Ohio St Edward.

Last year wins Ohio D1 with a nasty D and loses one game in OT final rankings #20

Last week preseason #17 with one D1 offer then this week #23

but they have 8 guys with D1 offers and 4 will play P5 for sure

so I get it where the coaches don’t report their players but do they know something? I think & hope they do

bottom line after 3 weeks the stars will align they always do and no one here is right or wrong till about that time - my 2 cents 😀