Can Walmart be this dumb?

HSFBfan

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I never shop at walmart but i saw this article and i had to shake my head

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/10/walmart-apologizes-for-own-school-year-like-hero-gun-display-sign.html

Hoss, I have a neighbor down the cul de sac....and ex-military guy...a colonel to be more accurate.  He's a big gun supporter.  We argue all the time about the subject.  But he told me last night...he was appalled at the Walmart ad.  He couldn't believe somebody put it up.  

Own the school year with a Walmart gun.

I can only hope you're shaking your head for the RIGHT reason.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Hoss, I have a neighbor down the cul de sac....and ex-military guy...a colonel to be more accurate.  He's a big gun supporter.  We argue all the time about the subject.  But he told me last night...he was appalled at the Walmart ad.  He couldn't believe somebody put it up.  

Own the school year with a Walmart gun.

I can only hope you're shaking your head for the RIGHT reason.

Rufus>>

Yea i support guns fully but this was just possibly the dumbest decision ive ever seen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

nope but they are worth 250 billion

The founder, Sam Walton, was a good businessman. Since his demise, the company has kind of just skated along. Its huge size gives it leverage with suppliers, employees and customers. I see Walmart today as being in the same situation KMart  was in in the mid 1980s.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

There is a reason for this. Walmart does not pay for the best and brightest. 

You ever tried to get a fishing license at Walmart? Or better yet, finding someone -- anyone -- in the store who can operate the machine they have hooked up to the Division of Wildlife? Maybe they're better at selling guns as part of their Back to School offerings.

20 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You ever tried to get a fishing license at Walmart? Or better yet, finding someone -- anyone -- in the store who can operate the machine they have hooked up to the Division of Wildlife? Maybe they're better at selling guns as part of their Back to School offerings.

Well of course you won't...You think us employees are gonna learn what managers don't teach us and not get paid for it.

Sidenote: There's really only 1 or 2 people in the store daily that actually know how to run the paint machine or do hunting licenses.

How I know this?  I'm the fool that volunteers to mix paint while working housewares 😂

• Like 3