America wins Covid death race...USA,USA,USA

In my 15 minutes of research it appears, looking at both liberal and conservative news outlets, we America, had more Covid deaths than any other country on the face of the Earth. Of course China and Russian numbers can never be trusted. They aren't real big on "Freedoms" or sharing for that matter. Our victory as a "Freedom loving nation" was lead again by my White people who out performed all other races and claimed 65% of all the nation's Covid deaths. As a slight tear welled up in my right eye, and pride peaked across my face, this win was much bigger than beating one of those poor Caribbean island nations 10-0 in soccer. This was 1980 Olympic Hockey....USA, USA, USA, ........

Below, a little insight :    

Data: More than 700K seniors died from COVID

As US death toll nears 1M, some demographics hit harder than others

Carla K. Johnson and Nicky Forster

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Doug Lambrecht was among the first of the nearly 1 million Americans to die from COVID-19. His demographic profile – an older white male with chronic health problems – mirrors the faces of many who would be lost over the next two years.

The 71-year-old retired physician was recovering from a fall at a nursing home near Seattle when the new coronavirus swept through in early 2020. He died March 1 that year, an early victim in a devastating outbreak that gave a first glimpse of the price older Americans would pay.

The pandemic has generated gigabytes of data that make clear which U.S. groups have been hit the hardest.

More than 700,000 people 65 and older died. Men died at higher rates than women.

White people made up most of the deaths overall, yet an unequal burden fell on Black, Hispanic and Native American people considering the younger average age of minority communities.

With 1 million deaths in sight, Doug's son Nathan Lambrecht reflected on the toll.

“I'm afraid that as the numbers get bigger, people are going to care less and less,” he said.

Three out of every four deaths were people 65 and older, according to U.S. data analyzed by The Associated Press.

“A million things went wrong and most of them were preventable,” said elder care expert Charlene Harrington of the University of California, San Francisco. Harrington, 80, hopes the lessons of the pandemic lead U.S. health officials to adopt minimum staffing requirements for nursing homes, “then maybe I can retire.”

White people made up 65% of the total deaths, the largest proportion of any race by far. This isn't that surprising because there are more white people in the U.S. than any other race. American Indians, Pacific Islanders and Black people had higher death rates when looking at COVID-19 deaths per capita.

Death rates per capita still leave out a characteristic that is crucial to understanding which groups were disproportionately affected – COVID-19 is more deadly for the elderly.

Looking at deaths per capita, Mississippi had the highest rate of any state.

“We've lost so many people to COVID,” said Joyee Washington, a community health educator in Hattiesburg. “The hard thing in Mississippi was having to grieve with no time to heal. You're facing trauma after trauma after trauma. ... Normal is gone as far as I'm concerned.”

The surge that began in late 2020 was particularly rough for rural America.

Americans living in rural areas have been less likely to get vaccinated than city dwellers, more likely to be infected and more likely to die.

The Associated Press Health and Science Department receives support from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute's Department of Science Education. The AP is solely responsible for all content.

ajax-request.php?val=Image_0.jpg&action=loadImage&type=Image&pSetup=daytonanewsjournal_live20160717&issue=20220507&crc=dtbbrd_newsjournal_05-07-2022_b_a_003_w-or9.pdf.0&edition=News%20Journal&paperImage=daytonanewsjournal&mtime=54A719A5zoom_in.png

Nathan Lambrecht's father, Doug, was one of the first Americans to die from COVID-19. “I'm afraid that as the numbers get bigger, people are going to care less and less,” he said. DAVID GOLDMAN/AP

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, concha said:

One side seems to care more than the other.

well that's half the fucking problem is people taking "sides". I got news for you the people at the top of both sides are assholes and don't give a shit about you, me or even the folks taking their side. They only care about their agenda, their power and keeping it at all costs even if that means you suffer. Really it is and always has been about greed and power.  We "The People" are just a means to an end for these pricks and prickettes in Washington.  I will never choose a side because that's what they want us to do. A truly united people is more powerful than they are and that scares the shit out of them.  Imagine being for some issue only because some side you chose to join says you have to think how they say.. nope not for me..but you fellows carry on the back and forth. Posting memes and probaganda bullshit from propaganda sites. . what's it ben 10 years and none have you has convinced anyone on the other side of anything....Time to jump off that merry-go-round and think for yourselves.. just saying

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

well that's half the fucking problem is people taking "sides". I got news for you the people at the top of both sides are assholes and don't give a shit about you, me or even the folks taking their side. They only care about their agenda, their power and keeping it at all costs even if that means you suffer. Really it is and always has been about greed and power.  We "The People" are just a means to an end for these pricks and prickettes in Washington.  I will never choose a side because that's what they want us to do. A truly united people is more powerful than they are and that scares the shit out of them.  Imagine being for some issue only because some side you chose to join says you have to think how they say.. nope not for me..but you fellows carry on the back and forth. Posting memes and probaganda bullshit from propaganda sites. . what's it ben 10 years and none have you has convinced anyone on the other side of anything....Time to jump off that merry-go-round and think for yourselves.. just saying

One side wants walls and stricter border enforcement.

The other does not.

Kinda simple.

Washington isn't going away and its bureaucracies are controlled by the left.  Anyone who doesn't believe this simply needs to look at the voting results for DC and surrounding counties.

15 hours ago, OldTerrapin said:

and over 200,000 young people in the US will die from Chinese fentanyl smuggled in through Mexico this year and no one gives a shit.

What kind of number would it be without Narcan ?  300,000-400,000 ?  We'll never stop drugs coming into this country. The appetite for mind altering pleasure and is too strong. America is the world leader in all self destructive vices.

11 hours ago, concha said:

One side wants walls and stricter border enforcement.

The other does not.

Kinda simple.

Washington isn't going away and its bureaucracies are controlled by the left.  Anyone who doesn't believe this simply needs to look at the voting results for DC and surrounding counties.

Like most all of your post.....I call Bull$hit. I've never heard a left leaning board member say we shouldn't do a better job at our southern border. That boondoggle asinine Trump Wall ain't the answer either. Let's just throw the damn money in the Rio Grande and stop wasting materials. 

19 minutes ago, concha said:

These people actually wonder why the border counties of Texas are turning red.

I think Texas turns blue in the future. They get a few more Georgia type homegrown organizers and door bell ringers and the sky is the limit. Talk about a state loaded with "have nots."  Alabama and Mississippi are next...

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Like most all of your post.....I call Bull$hit. I've never heard a left leaning board member say we shouldn't do a better job at our southern border. That boondoggle asinine Trump Wall ain't the answer either. Let's just throw the damn money in the Rio Grande and stop wasting materials. 

You are stupid.

32 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

I think Texas turns blue in the future. They get a few more Georgia type homegrown organizers and door bell ringers and the sky is the limit. Talk about a state loaded with "have nots."  Alabama and Mississippi are next...

The highest poverty rate in the country is owned by the state of California.

Companies are moving from California to Texas.

Formerly true blue border districts are turning red.

November will be a massacre for you people in Texas.

4 minutes ago, concha said:

The highest poverty rate in the country is owned by the state of California.

Companies are moving from California to Texas.

Formerly true blue border districts are turning red.

November will be a massacre for you people in Texas.

Agree Texas red for now.....but some day, not.

On 5/7/2022 at 11:03 AM, dan in daytona said:

As a slight tear welled up in my right eye, and pride peaked across my face, this win was much bigger than beating one of those poor Caribbean island nations 10-0 in soccer. This was 1980 Olympic Hockey....USA, USA, USA, ........

Your sarcasm is noted, but is it really applicable?  The USA leads the world in a lot of dubious categories.  Highest level of violent crimes, murders, rapes, assaults.  Highest level of individual debt (the population learning from the government?) Highest level of fraudulent crime.  Highest level of homeless.  Highest level of drug addiction and overdoses.  We have the most number of highly addictive and potentially deadly pain killers (thanks FDA).  More cubic feet of landfills filled with materials that will never degrade than anyone else.  We’re still the number two emitter of CO2 and third place is not even close.  You could go on and on, so that we lost the most number of people to Covid is really not a surprise, it’s just US, it’s expected😉

• Like 1