Allen Eagles?

RedZone

On 5/8/2022 at 1:16 PM, GoBigBlack said:

In Texas they prefer to never actually play anyone good. Instead they schedule cupcakes, all the best teams finish with one loss, and they get to do things like debate hypothetical “Allen vs Katy” and talk about how great they were and how they beat Nobody every week 60-0. 🥱 

they don't have a power rating system there... so why play anyone good until the playoffs

Last season they scheduled Atascocita out of Houston and Cedar Hill along with Plano East and Tyler Legacy.

This season they have SJB, CE King, and Martin

Atascocita and Cedar Hill are very good teams.  Not certain exactly what people want.  

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, pied said:

Last season they scheduled Atascocita out of Houston and Cedar Hill along with Plano East and Tyler Legacy.

Atascocita and Cedar Hill are very good teams.  Not certain exactly what people want.  

Oh that's easy...

"They" want Texas teams to give up all that revenue from home games to travel...whether it be to the other side of the state or out of state.

OR "they" want to see games between top teams in the state because they can't wait for them to meet up in the playoffs... provided they make it that far.

Same argument... different verse.

In other words...They want Texas to be like the Trinity league or like the state of Florida.  States that don't HAVE to travel to play good teams...but choose to.

Helps to have the revenue to do it and less restrictions on scheduling...among other things.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Oh that's easy...

"They" want Texas teams to give up all that revenue from home games to travel...whether it be to the other side of the state or out of state.

OR "they" want to see games between top teams in the state because they can't wait for them to meet up in the playoffs... provided they make it that far.

In other words...They want Texas to be like the Trinity league or like the state of Florida.  States that don't HAVE to travel to play good teams...but choose to.

Helps to have the revenue to do it and less restrictions on scheduling...among other things.

Houston's top powers playing top Dallas powers should happen. We didn't get to see Trinity- Katy and Allen- Katy at their heights because of the above.  

It wouldn't be so bad if Texas didn't split into D1 and D2 when the playoffs start. Lots of not so good teams making the playoffs basically killing any chances of seeing Allen/Katy or similar match ups in the playoffs.....6 Rounds!

Katy has an enrollment of 3500. Seems like they go D2 most years. They are a huge school, but not big enough most years. Crazy.

17 minutes ago, RedZone said:

It wouldn't be so bad if Texas didn't split into D1 and D2 when the playoffs start. Lots of not so good teams making the playoffs basically killing any chances of seeing Allen/Katy or similar match ups in the playoffs.....6 Rounds!

Katy has an enrollment of 3500. Seems like they go D2 most years. They are a huge school, but not big enough most years. Crazy.

Katy would be in Class 8A in Florida.

On 5/11/2022 at 4:26 PM, pied said:

Plus they have kicked ass on every out of State game to include.  ECA2x, Hoover, East UT, Viera Fl. Dutch Fork off top of my head. Everyone wants that Friday Nights lights experience in Allen Eagle Stadium. What does Katy bring that the DFW can't offer. Never heard one person in Allen talking about Katy.  Same what does Allen bring that Katy can't get in GHA.  

From a logistical standpoint, I understand why most of these perennial powerhouses don’t play each other in Pre-District, especially when it comes to teams with a big following having to travel to a metro area that’s 5 hours away when they could easily find a team just as good in their own backyard. That doesn’t include the hassle of having to take the marching band. Allen for example, would be a nightmare having to go to Houston with all the extracurriculars. Their band size is like 5,000 kids. 

With that being said though, doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t like seeing the top echelon of TX football play each other more often in Pre-District.

Katy vs Allen

Katy vs Southlake Carroll

Austin Westlake vs Duncanville

Denton Guyer vs Lake Travis 

North Shore vs Allen

Atascocita vs DeSoto

Denton Ryan vs Lake Travis

Westfield vs Cedar Hill

12 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

From a logistical standpoint, I understand why most of these perennial powerhouses don’t play each other in Pre-District, especially when it comes to teams with a big following having to travel to a metro area that’s 5 hours away when they could easily find a team just as good in their own backyard. That doesn’t include the hassle of having to take the marching band. Allen for example, would be a nightmare having to go to Houston with all the extracurriculars. Their band size is like 5,000 kids. 

With that being said though, doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t like seeing the top echelon of TX football play each other more often in Pre-District.

Katy vs Allen

North Shore vs Allen

Atascocita vs DeSoto

Westfield vs Cedar Hill

Westlake v. Duncanville would be a dandy. 

LT played Ryan in 2010, LT won 27-7. DR had future FSU star, Mario Edwards, on the defensive line. 

North Shore v. Allen needs to happen. I will say it again, LT v. Southlake Carroll is past-due. The game should have happened 10 years ago. 

25 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Westlake v. Duncanville would be a dandy. 

LT played Ryan in 2010, LT won 27-7. DR had future FSU star, Mario Edwards, on the defensive line. 

North Shore v. Allen needs to happen. I will say it again, LT v. Southlake Carroll is past-due. The game should have happened 10 years ago. 

WL v DV would only be of interest now and in the last 4 seasons.  Going forward I don’t think WL will reload like they’ve been recently 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

WL v DV would only be of interest now and in the last 4 seasons.  Going forward I don’t think WL will reload like they’ve been recently 

Wonder if we’ll be seeing a resurgence in Lake Travis then. The talent has to go somewhere. 
Maybe that’s too far of a drive though. Vandegrift needs to be more aggressive and be the next up-and-comer. 

4 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

Wonder if we’ll be seeing a resurgence in Lake Travis then. The talent has to go somewhere. 
Maybe that’s too far of a drive though. Vandegrift needs to be more aggressive and be the next up-and-comer. 

Could see LT resurge, I think they’ll be  improved from last season. The schools are only about 15 miles apart 

3 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

Hope so. Last year’s team wasn’t bad (but was for LT standards). Defensive line was pretty good and there were a couple of playmakers on offense with a solid run game and that’s it. Defense (particularly in the secondary) was weak and the QB play was the worst since 2003 or earlier (when LT was a doormat). Carter needs to make changes as well. 

On 5/11/2022 at 2:38 PM, Frosty4024 said:

Oh that's easy...

I’ve never hear the word “revenue” come out of any football fan’s mouth outside of Texas. People want you to give it up? K.

I want to see top teams play in the state, not because I “can’t wait until playoffs,” but because I like to see top teams play. That’s the one and only argument. Why don’t they ever try and schedule any good games? Because they might play each other in four months after the first several cupcake rounds of the playoffs are over? 

2 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

I’ve never hear the word “revenue” come out of any football fan’s mouth outside of Texas. People want you to give it up? K.

I want to see top teams play in the state, not because I “can’t wait until playoffs,” but because I like to see top teams play. That’s the one and only argument. Why don’t they ever try and schedule any good games? Because they might play each other in four months after the first several cupcake rounds of the playoffs are over? 

There are some solid games this year if one knows what they’re looking for. Some of the brand name teams aren’t great, so calling for them to play is meaningless.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

Why travel 3-4 hours and lose out on money when you can play a similar team down the street?  Stop looking for the "name-brand" teams to play each other all the time.

Exception being West Texas...but they're used to being "forgotten/disrespected" these days.

On 5/12/2022 at 12:54 AM, WILKINSON said:

Katy vs Allen

North Shore vs Allen

Atascocita vs DeSoto

Westfield vs Cedar Hill

Since when do you HAVE to take the whole band for every game lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pied said:

For Allen, it's a pretty significant cost and logistical question with 800+ members.

Back when Allen's band was small they didn't schedule Katy or travel..

Their old stadium used to be pretty small if I remember correctly. People used to laugh at that old Stadium on the Texas forum.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Back when Allen's band was small they didn't schedule Katy or travel..

Their old stadium used to be pretty small if I remember correctly. People used to laugh at that old Stadium on the Texas forum.

Would still get 12000+ stuffed into old stadium. Band was almost as big as today.

• Like 1