Johnston and Murphy or Cole Haan or Allen Edmonds?

HooverOutlaw

8 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

My adidas offwhites

6CF88325-93F7-461C-B5B6-C2F4F718DAE8.jpeg

Those aren’t a pair a dingy great sweatpants with some snail tracks and a fresh boner inside?

Because I can tell you about a guy in Norcal in 1985, say his sophomore year of high school  getting surprised by his girlfriends mom coming home early and instead of jumping out the window took the stairs and greeting said mom in such a state 😂😂😂😂.

09437D58-EBB7-4004-BE91-D864F6451CAC.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, FreeBird said:

Size 8 lol  @ChimpGrip I know you got time ass feet, you interested? Starting bid $9000 , it has sedimental value 😏

if not I’m put them away in the cut for future  LDT JR

$9K 😂 They do have that Joker look to them tho… probably belonged to someone in the Jersey Crew. And what you mean tiny lol?

Fascinating thread.  Perhaps because I once lost 142 lbs. on a diet clothes became an obsession for me.  Then factor in my 100+ trips to Europe for business and an ability to buy better clothing. I also travelled everywhere which allowed me to visit factories and outlets.

I once drove 200+ miles East from Rome to Brioni’s only outlet in the world.  ( And could only find a bathrobe that fit me.  Brioni makes $5 to $10,000 suits.  And really good bathrobes!). 

I mentioned Testoni earlier in this thread.  These are, literally, mostly handmade shoes which now sell for $800-1,000+.  But their factory is in Bologna and locally they are a third to half of this price.  I have a half dozen pairs dating to the ‘90’s and they are the best shoe I have ever worn.  They will also outlast me.

Brioni, Kiton, some Zegna (only that which is made in Biella, Italy) are suits and sport coats to be buried in.  Stefano Ricchi for both ties and shirts.  Or Paris’ Charvet where their ties were E 55 in the late ‘90’s and now $200-250+ in America.  Stefano Ricchi is double that.

Saville Row is a destination, too, but I prefer the Italian.

FWIW in the ‘80’s I first visited Hickey Freeman in Rochester (they had a “room” where Hickey suits were a third of the public cost) in the early ‘80’s.  Also Hathaway in Maine, Troy Guild (America’s best shirt) near Lake George and more.  (Respect to Oxxford suits…)

Now, I am 75 years old, retired and have gained 40 pounds.  I can no longer fit into most of my closet.  (But Brooks Brothers makes the best sweat pants and Orvis for Knit shirts).

My one Brioni suit looks really good on it’s hanger…..

If you really want the absolute best this is it.  Just don’t outgrow it as you get older.

PS  I should also mention the Prada factory and an extraordinary outlet mall (Gucci. Loro Piano-world’s finest cashmere) south of Florence.  Bus loads of tourists used to visit both.  Now, so much of this is no longer sewn/made in the country where the reputation was made.

And, if you go in late January it may be a third to a quarter of the American price.

image.jpg

7CA7820F-A895-4996-AAAD-59E421892DD3.png

4743A8FA-F944-47E8-ACD5-2188FE1FF5EC.png

• Like 4

22 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

@HurricaneNick what would be your recommendation if one wants a Duran Duran look?

Not sure brother, not really my style. My best recommendation would be to head down to Neimans (huge selection of most luxury designers) and work with a stylist. That’s how they make their money so they’ll take care of you. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 5:50 PM, BigDrop said:

Fascinating thread.  Perhaps because I once lost 142 lbs. on a diet clothes became an obsession for me.  Then factor in my 100+ trips to Europe for business and an ability to buy better clothing. I also travelled everywhere which allowed me to visit factories and outlets.

I once drove 200+ miles East from Rome to Brioni’s only outlet in the world.  ( And could only find a bathrobe that fit me.  Brioni makes $5 to $10,000 suits.  And really good bathrobes!). 

I mentioned Testoni earlier in this thread.  These are, literally, mostly handmade shoes which now sell for $800-1,000+.  But their factory is in Bologna and locally they are a third to half of this price.  I have a half dozen pairs dating to the ‘90’s and they are the best shoe I have ever worn.  They will also outlast me.

Brioni, Kiton, some Zegna (only that which is made in Biella, Italy) are suits and sport coats to be buried in.  Stefano Ricchi for both ties and shirts.  Or Paris’ Charvet where their ties were E 55 in the late ‘90’s and now $200-250+ in America.  Stefano Ricchi is double that.

Saville Row is a destination, too, but I prefer the Italian.

FWIW in the ‘80’s I first visited Hickey Freeman in Rochester (they had a “room” where Hickey suits were a third of the public cost) in the early ‘80’s.  Also Hathaway in Maine, Troy Guild (America’s best shirt) near Lake George and more.  (Respect to Oxxford suits…)

Now, I am 75 years old, retired and have gained 40 pounds.  I can no longer fit into most of my closet.  (But Brooks Brothers makes the best sweat pants and Orvis for Knit shirts).

My one Brioni suit looks really good on it’s hanger…..

If you really want the absolute best this is it.  Just don’t outgrow it as you get older.

PS  I should also mention the Prada factory and an extraordinary outlet mall (Gucci. Loro Piano-world’s finest cashmere) south of Florence.  Bus loads of tourists used to visit both.  Now, so much of this is no longer sewn/made in the country where the reputation was made.

And, if you go in late January it may be a third to a quarter of the American price.

image.jpg

7CA7820F-A895-4996-AAAD-59E421892DD3.png

4743A8FA-F944-47E8-ACD5-2188FE1FF5EC.png

Ayyyyyyy my mans survived the pandemic 

• Like 1