It's Official, High School Football in Louisiana Is...

Reb72

Just now, RedZone said:

You seem to be a pretty negative guy when West Monroe's not knocking out state championships.

I read some of your posts on the Louisiana forum also.

Louisiana doesn't have a problem West Monroe has a problem.

???

I was talking about the LHSAA Meeting

https://geauxpreps.com/uncategorized/the-best-option-lhsaa-executive-committee-makes-decisions-on-select-school-definition-combining-championship-events/

d1.jpe

5a.jpe

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You seem to be a pretty negative guy when West Monroe's not knocking out state championships.

I read some of your posts on the Louisiana forum also.

Louisiana doesn't have a problem West Monroe has a problem.

@Reb72 lol 😂 😂 😂 The most negative guy on the internet just called you negative 

F715C470-3F45-4AC6-90CD-BA1588B2E5AC.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RedZone said:

I like it.

This is crazy...  you think Pineville belongs in D1

If this sticks, and I'm sure it will be challenged, they will have to re-do the Classes.  There aren't enough teams left in non-select for 5 classes

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

What in the HELL are they doing?!?!

No way this passes.  This is stupidity.  No other way around it. 

We gonna put the likes of Pineville, Southwood, and Captain Shreve in D1 just so the D1 can have a larger playoff bracket???  There is no other reason for this that benefits anyone in that regard.

I'm with Reb on this one.  What a joke.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Reb72 said:

This is crazy...  you think Pineville belongs in D1

The split in 2013 was crazy to start off with..... Even then a lot of those split people were screaming every team in New Orleans and Baton Rouge needs to be select/private. 

Pineville is Pineville whether they're in 5A or D1..... There's always a couple of casualties in war.

Bring everybody back together and we ain't got this problem for the most part.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The split in 2013 was crazy to start off with..... Even then a lot of those split people were screaming every team in New Orleans and Baton Rouge needs to be select/private. 

Pineville is Pineville whether they're in 5A or D1..... There's always a couple of casualties in war.

Bring everybody back together and we ain't got this problem for the most part.

this I can agree with, everybody needs to play everybody

take Acadiana and Karr out of 5A and you might as well go ahead and hand the trophy to Zachary... 

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

What in the HELL are they doing?!?!

No way this passes.  This is stupidity.  No other way around it. 

We gonna put the likes of Pineville, Southwood, and Captain Shreve in D1 just so the D1 can have a larger playoff bracket???  There is no other reason for this that benefits anyone in that regard.

I'm with Reb on this one.  What a joke.

Wait, you sound just as negative at @Reb72😂. Yes Reb seems to be a litle passionate, but pretty balanced in his posts and he’s called out as a negative poster here? Real shit disturber here 😂.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Wait, you sound just as negative at @Reb72😂. Yes Reb seems to be a litle passionate, but pretty balanced in his posts and he’s called out as a negative poster here? Real shit disturber here 😂.

Well, some of his recent posts about West Monroe are pretty negative on the Louisiana forum.

To hear him talk they don't play football at West Monroe any longer. 😃

Lots of teams go through droughts and whatnot.

17 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Well, some of his recent posts about West Monroe are pretty negative on the Louisiana forum.

Ohhh shit @Reb72 my mans Red going off lol he calling you negative Nancy, I thought y’all Cajuns were family, like literal same family 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Yes I am passionate and very negative (as are lots of others) about the direction of the West Monroe program.  The administration and head coach inherited a program from the previous head coach who started with nothing and won a state championship in 4 years, the only 5A school in LA to ever win back-to-back-to-back state championships, 14 title game appearances in 16 years and 2 National Championships.  Everything was in place but the leadership and changes made to this once proud program have failed to produce a championship in the 11 years that have followed... I will speak out at every opportunity!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Ohhh shit @Reb72 my mans Red going off lol he calling you negative Nancy, I thought y’all Cajuns were family, like literal same family 

lol, where I am is waaaay closer to Arkansas than anything or anyone resembling a "Cajun"

My Cajun relatives call us Yankees  🤣

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Reb72 said:

Yes I am passionate and very negative (as are lots of others) about the direction of the West Monroe program.  The administration and head coach inherited a program from the previous head coach who started with nothing and won a state championship in 4 years, the only 5A school in LA to ever win back-to-back-to-back state championships, 14 title game appearances in 16 years and 2 National Championships.  Everything was in place but the leadership and changes made to this once proud program have failed to produce a championship in the 11 years that have followed... I will speak out at every opportunity!

Everything was in place except getting the players West Monroe used to pull back in the day......

It's been quite some time since West Monroe has had a monster class.

• Like 1