Jump to content

Cen10 Football


Recommended Posts

What’s the deal with Cen10? Why doesn’t anyone from Cen10 try to reach out to any ESPN guys? They’ve had and still do have really talented kids, ESPN would love to showcase their talent. Narbonne a poor public school was able to get some games on ESPN. Why can’t Cen10? 

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Elliot Hulsez said:

What’s the deal with Cen10? Why doesn’t anyone from Cen10 try to reach out to any ESPN guys? They’ve had and still do have really talented kids, ESPN would love to showcase their talent. Narbonne a poor public school was able to get some games on ESPN. Why can’t Cen10? 

 

Thanks

With all due respect, FUCK @espn

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Elliot Hulsez said:

What’s the deal with Cen10? Why doesn’t anyone from Cen10 try to reach out to any ESPN guys? They’ve had and still do have really talented kids, ESPN would love to showcase their talent. Narbonne a poor public school was able to get some games on ESPN. Why can’t Cen10? 

 

Thanks

Some believe that Cen10 doesn’t need to showcase anything. Their close loss last year to MD is good enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Some believe that Cen10 doesn’t need to showcase anything. Their close loss last year to MD is good enough. 

While true, that exposure might tempt some IE kids to stick closer to home; which yes, you would think Matt would want to encourage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elliot Hulsez said:

What’s the deal with Cen10? Why doesn’t anyone from Cen10 try to reach out to any ESPN guys? They’ve had and still do have really talented kids, ESPN would love to showcase their talent. Narbonne a poor public school was able to get some games on ESPN. Why can’t Cen10? 

 

Thanks

SoCal team almost never will be on ESPN if the game is in SoCal because Bally Sports owns their exclusive right. As to why has Narbonne been on ESPN well they are in the LA City Section so exclusive rights doesn’t apply to them. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

SoCal team almost never will be on ESPN if the game is in SoCal because Bally Sports owns their exclusive right. As to why has Narbonne been on ESPN well they are in the LA City Section so exclusive rights doesn’t apply to them. 

Plus, I think you actually have to have a kicking game to get on national TV LOL.  Imagine people’s reaction to 4th and 15 from inside your own 40?  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Plus, I think you actually have to have a kicking game to get on national TV LOL.  Imagine people’s reaction to 4th and 15 from inside your own 40?  

Not true,  Centennial punts. They love the quick kicks from the QBs

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When Chandler played Cen10 in 2016-7 (Chandler won Arizona state that year), I remember in an article the head coach showing his Chandler kids Cen10's no huddle offense. Ripping through and shredding Bishop Gorman, Bosco, and De La Salles defense. He told his kids that's not going to happen to us and we're not going to get into a shootout with them. Kid you not, on the very first play of the game Cen10's Mile Reed makes an 80+ yard run and then the next play Cen10 scores. He knew after those two plays, he was going to get into a shootout.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Elliot Hulsez said:

When Chandler played Cen10 in 2016-7 (Chandler won Arizona state that year), I remember in an article the head coach showing his Chandler kids Cen10's no huddle offense. Ripping through and shredding Bishop Gorman, Bosco, and De La Salles defense. He told his kids that's not going to happen to us and we're not going to get into a shootout with them. Kid you not, on the very first play of the game Cen10's Mile Reed makes an 80+ yard run and then the next play Cen10 scores. He knew after those two plays, he was going to get into a shootout.

The crazy thing about that game is Cen10 pretty much lost all their weapons from 2015 going into that game.  The relatively unheard of Miles Reed rushed for just over 300 yards and Mckee for almost 100.  Chandler simply had no rushing defense.  

Reed was not very flashy sort of like a bowling ball.  Later that year he out rushed the more heralded TJ Pledger in a playoff game something like 265 to 150.  Nothing fancy, just up the middle and beyond approach.

After the Chandler game and the very close loss to IMG the following week (McKees first two starts), it was clear that McKee was ready for the big stage.  I think if Logan had brought him in against DLS in the prior year Championship game when Cen10 was struggling (4 trips inside the DLS 25 yd line with no points), he may have been the change of pace they needed.

This upcoming season will be interesting.  The two QB’s each now have 0.8 yrs worth of reps so maybe they’ll be less prone to making the crucial mistakes in the big game.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, On2whls said:

The crazy thing about that game is Cen10 pretty much lost all their weapons from 2015 going into that game.  The relatively unheard of Miles Reed rushed for just over 300 yards and Mckee for almost 100.  Chandler simply had no rushing defense.  

Reed was not very flashy sort of like a bowling ball.  Later that year he out rushed the more heralded TJ Pledger in a playoff game something like 265 to 150.  Nothing fancy, just up the middle and beyond approach.

After the Chandler game and the very close loss to IMG the following week (McKees first two starts), it was clear that McKee was ready for the big stage.  I think if Logan had brought him in against DLS in the prior year Championship game when Cen10 was struggling (4 trips inside the DLS 25 yd line with no points), he may have been the change of pace they needed.

This upcoming season will be interesting.  The two QB’s each now have 0.8 yrs worth of reps so maybe they’ll be less prone to making the crucial mistakes in the big game.

 

You think Cen10 will be better this season then last ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

You think Cen10 will be better this season then last ?

Offensively, yes.  Both QB’s showed improvement throughout the season and I think will execute the read option well.  Teams will have to game plan against the designed QB runs when Carter is in the game, not so much when he isn’t.  They lost a couple of effective receivers but still have enough in that dept, although they will be like the Maytag repair guy, they won’t get much love.  Cen 10 will just roll on the ground and pass when they’re bored. The Oline is experienced and solid. 
 

On the other side of the ball, they lost too much.  With Jayden Mickey gone and Aaron Williams going to SJB, the secondary will be challenged and teams will be able to pass on them.

Overall, I think they will be slightly better but the OOL schedule is disappointing so it will be hard to know if they are better or not.  The Cathedral game will be interesting only since it is at their field and nobody (not even MD) can match the level of home cooking found down there. 
 

The MD game will really be a barometer for how good MD’s offense is.  They should be able to roll in this one, but maybe they sputter a bit like in last years playoff game.

Most likely Cen10 goes 10-2.  Early season loss to MD, and second round playoff exit to MD/SJB.  
 

 

 

  • Thanks 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Offensively, yes.  Both QB’s showed improvement throughout the season and I think will execute the read option well.  Teams will have to game plan against the designed QB runs when Carter is in the game, not so much when he isn’t.  They lost a couple of effective receivers but still have enough in that dept, although they will be like the Maytag repair guy, they won’t get much love.  Cen 10 will just roll on the ground and pass when they’re bored. The Oline is experienced and solid. 
 

On the other side of the ball, they lost too much.  With Jayden Mickey gone and Aaron Williams going to SJB, the secondary will be challenged and teams will be able to pass on them.

Overall, I think they will be slightly better but the OOL schedule is disappointing so it will be hard to know if they are better or not.  The Cathedral game will be interesting only since it is at their field and nobody (not even MD) can match the level of home cooking found down there. 
 

The MD game will really be a barometer for how good MD’s offense is.  They should be able to roll in this one, but maybe they sputter a bit like in last years playoff game.

Most likely Cen10 goes 10-2.  Early season loss to MD, and second round playoff exit to MD/SJB.  
 

 

 

Dela plays CCSD down there also . The one advantage Dela has is that they are used to getting fucked by the refs. Last season was the most egregious yet . They seem to get even worse calls at home . It's almost like they aren't allowed to play and get any momentum . Sickening

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Dela plays CCSD down there also . The one advantage Dela has is that they are used to getting fucked by the refs. Last season was the most egregious yet . They seem to get even worse calls at home . It's almost like they aren't allowed to play and get any momentum . Sickening

On paper that looks like it should be a good contest and I’m hoping for a truly neutrally officiated affair, but I’m a realist. DLS will be battling two opponents and will have to be dominant.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2022 at 10:42 PM, steeler01 said:

Nothing has changed for them, since I first watched them play Ike in 98

Cen10 is hands down the most underrated Socal program. It's why I want them to play more OOS games. People will see how good they really are

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Elliot Hulsez said:

Cen10 is hands down the most underrated Socal program. It's why I want them to play more OOS games. People will see how good they really are

You are joking, right? Cen10 is not underrated in SoCal. Over the past 20’years they are the most successful program in SoCal, and it’s not close. MD and Bosco success is recent, and even over the past 8 years, Cen10 has been the 3rd best team. There is a Grand Canyon-sized gap between Cen10 and #4. Last season they were the second best team in SiCal.
I don’t think anybody in SoCal needs to see ‘how good they really are’.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

You are joking, right? Cen10 is not underrated in SoCal. Over the past 20’years they are the most successful program in SoCal, and it’s not close. MD and Bosco success is recent, and even over the past 8 years, Cen10 has been the 3rd best team. There is a Grand Canyon-sized gap between Cen10 and #4. Last season they were the second best team in SiCal.
I don’t think anybody in SoCal needs to see ‘how good they really are’.

I'm talking about the OOS folks. Before Cen10 ever played IMG, Chandler, BG people dismissed Cen10 as "soft ass cali ball" or a "west coast defense". But IMG's HC literally just let Cen10 score on the last play because they couldn't stop them.

HS Sports is still a very niche thing you'd be suprised. The Virginia folks thought Oscar Smith really had a chance against SJB. They were going to show up SJB, they packed the stadium. It was so packed they needed extra bleachers. When they lost 49-0 everybody was in a complete shock of how good SJB really is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...