Cen10 Football

Elliot Hulsez

even though i doubt it will happen, i hope that CC can become the first California Public HS to win a Natty in HS football for California in an entire generation, overall, i would like to see any CA public HS achieve that, and CC looks to be the only CA Public HS that has a tiny slim chance for that, but i don't expect it to happen, its likely still gonna be MD and Bosco running the show.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

even though i doubt it will happen, i hope that CC can become the first California Public HS to win a Natty in HS football for California in an entire generation, overall, i would like to see any CA public HS achieve that, and CC looks to be the only CA Public HS that has a tiny slim chance for that, but i don't expect it to happen, its likely still gonna be MD and Bosco running the show.

Ok!

6 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

ya, i'm kind of resentful that it hasn't happend yet in my lifetime, which also has led me to ask and wonder, that Texas Public Schools seem to have an easier time winning a Natty in HS football compared to California Public Schools do

I’m just curious why you would be resentful that it hasn’t happened? They are all mythical as it is, hell any team can hang a banner and say they are champions. So really public, charter, Catholic etc it’s all the same.

1 hour ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

ya, i'm kind of resentful that it hasn't happend yet in my lifetime, which also has led me to ask and wonder, that Texas Public Schools seem to have an easier time winning a Natty in HS football compared to California Public Schools do

Texas public schools dominate Texas football landscape so they win our UIL state titles at the highest class, if Cen10 won the open they sure as heck would win a MNC. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

Texas Public Schools seem to have an easier time winning a Natty in HS football compared to California Public Schools do

Hmm. I would say that’s debatable. 

Hypothetically. Let’s say that Austin Westlake ran the table and went undefeated and say that they had scheduled Allen, Katy, and hmm maybe an Aledo type team in Non-District, it wouldn’t carry much weight for the MaxPreps staff, Calpreps algorithm, and national HS football fans. 

Even if they faced North Shore, Lake Travis, and Katy in the playoffs and won it all at State it wouldn’t have much significance. Why? Because there was not a single OOS high caliber team on their schedule. And as we a know…teams like Katy, Westlake, Southlake Carroll don’t schedule nationally so it’s tough for teams like them to win a MNC. 

Duncanville would be our next best bet to win a MNC simply because they’re one of the very few who schedule non-TX teams. It’s easier for a non Texas team to win it. Particularly teams from FL, CA, MD, amongst others. 

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Texas public schools dominate Texas football landscape so they win our UIL state titles at the highest class, if Cen10 won the open they sure as heck would win a MNC. 

2015 was their best shot.  They haven’t had a team anywhere near as comparable since then and with MD and SJB escalating their game, the window has closed.  They’ll always be really good as long as Logan is running the show but the talent discrepancy is too great for them to make it past both of those teams now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

2015 was their best shot.  They haven’t had a team anywhere near as comparable since then and with MD and SJB escalating their game, the window has closed.  They’ll always be really good as long as Logan is running the show but the talent discrepancy is too great for them to make it past both of those teams now.

They almost did last year v MD.  What am I missing? 

44 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They almost did last year v MD.  What am I missing? 

I was traveling back from Europe and missed that game.  Since then I’ve watched a bunch of video.  MD simply didn’t execute as well as they could have offensively.  I saw a hint of panic in their QB who normally gets to operate freely against most opponents.  Realistically, MD played offense about as poorly as you could expect from a team with the level of talent they had.  Cen10 has to be able to run up the middle effectively to progressively open up the short pass, and free the QB up on read option and designed runs.  When all that is working, teams panic defensively and the long ball opens up. MD defense just too stiff to allow that.  The score made the game look much closer than it was.  I wouldn’t expect this years OOL matchup to go anywhere like that last playoff game.  Cen10 is going to be weaker in all the wrong areas relative to what it would take to beat MD.  They’ll still be a very good team and one of the most entertaining teams to watch.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Bravo this is what I’ve been saying for years. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the gap in talent. 

On 6/17/2022 at 5:36 PM, On2whls said:

ya, if Matt Logan believed in kicking field goals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

ya, if Matt Logan believed in kicking field goals.

They would have needed to make 3 of 4 field goals ranging from 36 to 42 yds.  For a team that doesn’t kick field goals that would have been a tall order.  I think a better option would have been to bring McKee in off the bench.  That would have been a significant change up and they only would have needed him to produce on one of four of those situations from the 25 on in.  I would have taken those odds.  

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 7:12 PM, On2whls said:

They would have needed to make 3 of 4 field goals ranging from 36 to 42 yds.  For a team that doesn’t kick field goals that would have been a tall order.  I think a better option would have been to bring McKee in off the bench.  That would have been a significant change up and they only would have needed him to produce on one of four of those situations from the 25 on in.  I would have taken those odds.  

anyway, i believe CC is returning most of their offense from last year, its their defense thats questionable.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

anyway, i believe CC is returning most of their offense from last year, its their defense thats questionable.

CC D sure stepped up vs MD, which was a surprise to me.  Their secondary looked suspect in a regular season game I watched.  

What a fun offense to watch. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 5:36 PM, On2whls said:

I felt like Cen10 last year could have beaten SJB and at the very least give a run for their money

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

CC D sure stepped up vs MD, which was a surprise to me.  Their secondary looked suspect in a regular season game I watched.  

What a fun offense to watch. 

ya, i just really hope it happens in my life, any CA public school, in which their football program, wins a Natty, or MNC, just like on par with the Natties MD and DLS won in the 90s, early 2000's, and the MD and Bosco teams as of the past couple of years, but i doubt it will happen in the near future, hopefully someday though. 

• Like 1