Texas AM fans are running wild in Destin Florida

HooverOutlaw

21 minutes ago, RedZone said:

One of the best RBs in NFL history was a 2* at Tulane, Matt Forte. Check out his NFL stats for a 2*.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2004/matt-forte-17823

Yes,  and those can be found everywhere. Cooper Kupp wasn't rated coming out of high school.  Am I to expect to win getting a bunch of non-rated players from Washington?

You're not going to win in college football at the top programs hoping every 2 and 3 star player is going to become a monster. 

Without getting the top players from Louisiana, they won't be more talented then A&M believe that. 

12 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

You're not going to win in college football at the top programs hoping every 2 and 3 star player is going to become a monster. 

They don't all have to become monsters is the point.

I'll take my chances with Louisiana's 3* prospects mixed in over other states any day of the week and feel pretty good about it.

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I'll take my chances with Louisiana's 3* prospects mixed in over other states any day of the week and feel pretty good about it.

Zachary DE/LB Ashely Williams is a 3*.......has a boat load of offers including Texas and racking up more everyday. I hope LSU offers. 

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Ashley-Williams-153506/RecruitInterests/

Would be a 4* in another state, but the "system" makes him a 3*....unless he pulls an Alabama offer, of course. Then he may be a 5*.

wVmt2Ll9_400x400.jpg

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

If that's what they ended up getting, they'd be a 7-5 team annually

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

One of the best RBs in NFL history was a 2* at Tulane, Matt Forte. Check out his NFL stats for a 2*.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2004/matt-forte-17823

Matt Forte was a good and serviceable NFL back. And he was an above average receiver for a running back.

Good player, but one of the all time best in NFL history? Get out of here with that. That is a humongous stretch. Gayle Sayers and Walter Payton are what classify as all time bests in history. Hell Neal Anderson was a better Bear running back.

15 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Matt Forte was a good and serviceable NFL back

I'll say.....can you name another 2* RB with those serviceable stats?

Forte ranks #2 in Chicago Bears All Time rushing and he played for crappy teams. Forte is eligible for the NFL Hall Of Fame next year. He'll get some votes, but probably not enough.

Career NFL statistics
Rushing yards: 9,796
Rushing average: 4.2
Rushing touchdowns: 54
Receptions: 554
Receiving yards: 4,672
Receiving touchdowns: 21

Forte is one of nine players in NFL history with at least 1,000 yards from scrimmage in their first nine years. The other players to do that: Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, Curtis Martin, Marshall Faulk, Herschel Walker, Ricky Watters and Warrick Dunn.

I think Forte deserves a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame for his eight impressive years in Chicago. Forte finishes his career with 9,796 rushing yards and 554 receptions for 4,672 yards and 21 scores. His 14,468 yards from scrimmage ranks 28th in the history of the NFL, which is more than Hall of Fame running backs, Franco Harris, John Riggins, O.J. Simpson, Joe Perry and Lenny Moore. And it’s more than future Hall of Famer, Adrian Peterson, who is widely considered the best running back of his generation.

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I'll say.....can you name another 2* RB with those serviceable stats?

Forte ranks #2 in Chicago Bears All Time rushing and he played for crappy teams. Forte is eligible for the NFL Hall Of Fame next year. He'll get some votes, but probably not enough.

Career NFL statistics
Rushing yards: 9,796
Rushing average: 4.2
Rushing touchdowns: 54
Receptions: 554
Receiving yards: 4,672
Receiving touchdowns: 21

Forte is one of nine players in NFL history with at least 1,000 yards from scrimmage in their first nine years. The other players to do that: Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, Curtis Martin, Marshall Faulk, Herschel Walker, Ricky Watters and Warrick Dunn.

I think Forte deserves a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame for his eight impressive years in Chicago. Forte finishes his career with 9,796 rushing yards and 554 receptions for 4,672 yards and 21 scores. His 14,468 yards from scrimmage ranks 28th in the history of the NFL, which is more than Hall of Fame running backs, Franco Harris, John Riggins, O.J. Simpson, Joe Perry and Lenny Moore. And it’s more than future Hall of Famer, Adrian Peterson, who is widely considered the best running back of his generation.

Matt Forte probably should have won the Heisman Trophy in 2007 as well, but he played for crappy Tulane. Tim Tebow won the Heisman, how did that work out for, Tim? 

Matt Forte 2007 season

Forte set several Tulane school records, including rushing for 2,127 rushing yards and 23 rushing touchdowns. He had five games with at least 200 rushing yards games, two games with at least 300 rushing yards games, and three games with at least four rushing touchdowns during the 2007 season.
College: Tulane (2004–2007)
High school: Slidell (LA)
NFL Draft: 2008 / Round: 2 / Pick: 44

15 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Just look at Tulane, Louisiana Tech,  Lafayette etc.....

Zachary RB Boston Scott was a 0*....... committed to La Tech.

https://247sports.com/Player/Boston-Scott-46055185/high-school-216874/

He was a 4.4 guy and benched 370 lbs in high school, he benched 425 at La Tech......couldn't even get a photo at 247sports/Rivals.

Scott was drafted in the 6th Rd in 2018.

Scott is a redzone monster. Scored 7 TDs last year.

He signed for another year with the Eagles for almost 2 million.

Not bad for a 0 star..... the way they do these Louisiana kids is just painful to watch. No different than Calpreps though.

Boston_Scott_2022_(cropped).jpg