Coaches (HS or College) that overachieve with the talent they have

Elliot Hulsez

23 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

If we're talking about guys who have done a lot with less D1 talent than Taylor fits the bill. Of course I think that's a short-sighted view of talent in the high school game, as if you have 20 D1 guys paired with a rec league QB that's going to be exploited by better teams. While Centennial has rarely been an express lane to the D1 ranks they have typically had exceptional depth (especially for a public school) and I think it's fair to say that Taylor more often than not gets every drop of talent out of every guy on the roster.

What will be interesting is to see how they recover after a rough 2021 campaign, especially with talent on the westside of Phoenix being more widely distributed than has been the case.

My buddy just enrolled his kid at Liberty. Says it’s the best football in Peoria now?? 🤷‍♂️ 

11 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

My buddy just enrolled his kid at Liberty. Says it’s the best football in Peoria now?? 🤷‍♂️ 

It's definitely a topic of discussion as they had Chandler dead to rights in the playoffs before choking it away in epic fashion; at the same time Centennial and Sunrise Mountain played them much closer than either had any right to so it's not an open and shut case just yet.

Currently Liberty is benefiting from bond issues in Peoria as the district has been trying to get a new high school built the past two or three election cycles and as such is bursting at the seams relatively speaking (all Peoria schools are built for 1800-2100 students). They were also ahead of the curve in establishing a youth feeder program thus they've been successful in developing a pipeline there. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Wooderson said:

If we're talking about guys who have done a lot with less D1 talent than Taylor fits the bill. Of course I think that's a short-sighted view of talent in the high school game, as if you have 20 D1 guys paired with a rec league QB that's going to be exploited by better teams. While Centennial has rarely been an express lane to the D1 ranks they have typically had exceptional depth (especially for a public school) and I think it's fair to say that Taylor more often than not gets every drop of talent out of every guy on the roster.

What will be interesting is to see how they recover after a rough 2021 campaign, especially with talent on the westside of Phoenix being more widely distributed than has been the case.

His victories over STA and BG is very impressive. That MD game tho...it was 13-12 then I blinked and it was 72-21 later

Just now, Elliot Hulsez said:

His victories over STA and BG is very impressive. That MD game tho...it was 13-12 then I blinked and it was 72-21 later

It was a game where I think they merely angered the Monarchs by giving it a go for a quarter 😄

Sadly I think a lot of people locally held that game against them as there was a ton of "Chandler wouldn't have let that happen" BS in the aftermath while ignoring it was the most points a public program had put on Mater Dei in a number of years. The Arizona community would rather puff their chests about beating the brakes off of Faith Lutheran or Valor Christian than legitimately put metal on metal.