8. Homewood-Flossmoor (3-0)

9. Naperville North (3-0)

10. Bolingbrook (3-0)

11. Prairie Ridge (3-0)

12. Phillips (3-0)

13. Barrington (3-0)

14. Cary-Grove (2-1)

15. Huntley (2-1)

Week 4 Games of Interest (looks like a down week)

Brother Rice (1-2) @ Montini (2-1) - Rice, a preseason favorite in 8A a year ago probably needs this to make the playoffs. Montini rebounded from a Lake Zurich shellacking by pounding 7A semi finalist Fenwick.

Maine South (2-1) @ Palatine (2-1) - Should be a good one in the North Burbs. Maine South got a convincing win in week 3, but supporters say they looked bad. Palatine got the W over Evanston. Palatine won this game last year.

Bolingbrook (3-0) @ Homewood-Flossmoor (3-0) - Rivalry game for the Alec Anderson Memorial Trophy. H-F has done what H-F is known to do, put up points in bunches. My beloved Raiders appear to be back after a few years slump with a potent offense, and mean defense. Both still have a date with LWE later in the season.

Glenbard North (1-2) @ Paducah McCracken (KY) (1-3) - High expectations just didn't pan out for GBN as their lone win so far was this weekend against an equally disappointing Wheaton South (0-3) who has gone from a top 2 public program in the state (with Maine South) to a homecoming opponent in no time flat. Paducah McCracken looks to be busters too, but Chicagoland never plays Kentucky so I'm interested.

20 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

So East St Louis is in IL, right?

Kinda crazy.....East St Louis could possibly be #1 in 2 states. xD

It's possible. I'm sure the St. Louis publication will have a bias against it. Unlike last year ESL didn't play their #1 this year. It is possible that ESL wind up #1 in IL but 7A looks kind of week this year so they may win it without beating a top team in state. Which would not get my vote unless it was clear. Their competitive win over Providence already casts doubt IMO.

1 hour ago, Gospeeder said:

I agree. ESL could win 7A but there are several teams imo. ( mostly 8A ) that can handle them this year. 

Speaking of Providence, what happened to them?.... LWE maybe?

They will tell you other LW schools being built and successful, and the economy. I'd tell you that due to the multiplier they're not playing small rural schools in the playoffs plus moving to the Catholic League. Then the losing affected their recruiting further. They never were dominant, they dominated inferior competition. But they were pretty good.

St Louis area top 5

1. E. St. Louis (IL) (2-1)

2. Christian Bros (MO) (3-1)

3. Eureka (MO) (4-0)

4. Vianney (MO) (4-0)

5. Fort Zumwalt N (MO) (4-0)

I am somewhat surprised they put East Side #1 since they and Vianney have a common opponent that Vianney dominated, but gave East Side a game. I'll take it though.

It's the third time in four games this year that Peoria Central has conceded at least 70 points. Somehow their other game was a shutout win. 

Last year they had wins of 70-63, 74-49, 96-40, 68-46, and finally 62-48 in the state championship game. It's like they're playing six-man football. Or maybe sixteen men on offense and six on defense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MA Fan said:

It's the third time in four games this year that Peoria Central has conceded at least 70 points. Somehow their other game was a shutout win. 

Last year they had wins of 70-63, 74-49, 96-40, 68-46, and finally 62-48 in the state championship game. It's like they're playing six-man football. Or maybe sixteen men on offense and six on defense.

How terrible was the team that Peoria shut out? 

Wow. Crazy stuff.

2 hours ago, Bones said:

more power to you. I get frustrated when teams are in the 30's. 80? I cant do it.

Well, there either has to be two magic offenses or some really terrible defense going on. Seems like we could pick up on what it is without watching the entire thing. Initially I wanna think it has to be horrible defense, but it could be some great or gimmicky offense stuff too, or more likely a combination of both. 

On 9/18/2017 at 9:10 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Bones, what's your take on Epstein so far?  

I mean, the fans love him. Theyre having a field day with the return of Mikey Dudek and Mike Epstein (Mike & Mike). I only watched week 1 because Illinois football is painful, but he looked nice especially for a true freshman.

@HawgGoneIt it's the defense, without even watching. Peoria runs a normal spread read option offense with a D1 QB committed to Illinois lol. Put a legit D1 guy in central and southern Illinois small classes and you get these Peoria point totals. I am not sure they field a defense though.

My rankings?

1. LWE (4-0)

2. H-F (4-0)

3. MS (3-1)

4. Marist (4-0)

5. Loyola (3-1)

6. Naperville C (4-0)

7. East St Louis (3-1)

8. Lake Zurich (4-0)

9. Naperville North (4-0)

10. Prairie Ridge (4-0)

Games of Interest week 5

Mt. Carmel (3-1) @ St. Rita (3-1) - Mortal enemies, the game has lost some luster, but its still a premier rivalry in the state

Naperville North (4-0) @ Glenbard N (2-2) - Naperville North looking to keep surprising season going; GBN still trying to salvage high expectations

Cary Grove (3-1) @ Huntley (3-1) - both lost to Prairie Ridge by 8 or less

Lake Zurich (4-0) @ Warren (3-1) - they say Bones doesnt honor the North Burbs; this game is in Wisconsin basically... well so is the one above this too

Lincoln Way E (4-0) @ Lincoln Way C (4-0) - LWC gets to avoid H-F and my Beloved. This is their test this year. 

• Like 1

Peoria Central in a proper defensive struggle this week, edging Bloomington 58-34. I should apologize to Urbana because while the IHSA website has them getting shut out by Peoria, the video evidence proves that they scored a touchdown.

East St. Louis dropped 80 on Collinsville, apparently the Kahoks didn't have the ball press working tonight.

7 hours ago, MA Fan said:

Peoria Central in a proper defensive struggle this week, edging Bloomington 58-34. I should apologize to Urbana because while the IHSA website has them getting shut out by Peoria, the video evidence proves that they scored a touchdown.

East St. Louis dropped 80 on Collinsville, apparently the Kahoks didn't have the ball press working tonight.

Collinsville leaving the conference may have had some contributing effect to that spanking.