Illinois thread

Bones

Reeters downs Mt. Carmel 38-21 - Mt. Carmel is 0-8 in their last 8 conference games, local media still on their johnsons. MC's QB was back for this one.

Glenbard N takes Naperville N from the ranks of the undefeated, 20-7. The shocking part is the 7 points.

Huntley handles Cary Grove 41-32. Not sure how Prairie Ridge could only muster 7 vs CG

Lake Zurich survives Warren 41-35 in 2OT's; heard it was a whale of a game with a last play hail mary from Warren sending it to OT

LWE down 14-0 at the half downs their district rival 28-14 to set up a matchup of unbeatens vs H-F next week.

Hinsdale Central, for the Ohio folk, is 4-1. The Chicago media has them ranked, but honestly their 4 wins are not impressive close scores against average at best teams. But 4-1 is 4-1.

Naperville Central, for the Ohio folk,  is undefeated still, they just beat an 0-5 Wheaton South by a couple scores. I would have liked a wider margin, but WWS has been hanging tough, just losing though (shame how hard theyve fallen). I like this team though.

East St. Louis, for the Louisiana folk, hung 80 on some bums.

Providence, for the MO folk, beat Brother Rice and is 3-2 with a win over Reeters and Rice

Ooooh, Stevenson, for the Michigan folk, has put together a nice season and is 4-1

South Elgin, for @Nolebull813 is 4-0 and facing their 1st actual real team today.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MA Fan said:

Peoria Central in a proper defensive struggle this week, edging Bloomington 58-34. I should apologize to Urbana because while the IHSA website has them getting shut out by Peoria, the video evidence proves that they scored a touchdown.

East St. Louis dropped 80 on Collinsville, apparently the Kahoks didn't have the ball press working tonight.

Hate to do it, but the Peoria/Bloomington score was 94-54

Someone out there needs to knock it off and get serious.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bones said:

Hate to do it, but the Peoria/Bloomington score was 94-54

Someone out there needs to knock it off and get serious.

LOL. The guy who reports the Peoria scores for the IHSA website must leave at halftime. Can't say I blame them, even with a running clock these games must end at midnight.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2017 at 10:19 AM, MA Fan said:

LOL. The guy who reports the Peoria scores for the IHSA website must leave at halftime. Can't say I blame them, even with a running clock these games must end at midnight.

That's what I figured happened, or he just picked a score that seemed high enough lol. I can't understand how this is even possible; every school isn't prolific.

I think the local media is having a difficult time with the decline of Mt. Carmel football. We saw it when Wheaton South fell off, they kept wanting to rank them regardless of what the on field results were. Same thing when JCA fell off, but the 1-8 year made it smoother. I'm interested in what they do with the Caravan this week.

My top 10

1. Lincoln-Way East (5-0)

2. Homewood-Flossmoor (5-0)

3. Maine South (4-1)

4. Marist (5-0)

5. Loyola (4-1)

6. Naperville C (5-0)

7. East St. Louis (4-1)

8. Lake Zurich (5-0)

9. Prairie Ridge (5-0)

10. Barrington (5-0)

Games of Interest

Barrington (5-0) @ Palatine (3-2) - Palatine has lost to Maine South and 4-1 Stevenson by a combined 10 points. No one has come within 2 scores of Barrington thus far including Warren who took Lake Zurich to the brink in overtime.

Bro. Rice (1-4) @ Mt. Carmel (3-2)  - Rice has played a tough schedule lost all 4 games by 9 points or less including to my #4 Marist, and they need this win to keep their playoff hopes alive. Mt. Carmel probably needs this one to guarantee a birth after missing last season, as they still have Montini and Providence on the schedule.

Lincoln-Way East (5-0) @ Homewood-Flossmoor (5-0) - This may be the biggest game of the regular season. Both teams recently came from half time deficits to score victories. I think H-F has the better offense and LWE has the better defense. If H-F wins they wrap the conference championship up likely.

Loyola (4-1) @ St. Rita (4-1) - Just a big game in the Catholic Blue. Loyola has had a strangle hold on this matchup lately

Glenbard West (4-1) @ Lyons Twnshp (5-0) - This will be GBW's 1st test since Maine South put the pliers to them in week 1 so they'll be looking to make a statement. Lyons has been ranked pretty high all year, but IMO haven't shown they deserve it. They'll want to make a statement.

St. Edwards (OH) (5-0) @ Naperville C (5-0) - We'll see.

To my friend from Ohio above. What NC offers is a nice QB (Thorne) and WR (Reed) and collection of receivers to compliment him. Look for them to air it out early and often. Defensively they just play hard nosed and disciplined.

Here is their worst game this season, but WV came into the season a consensus top 10 team.

6 minutes ago, Bones said:

My top 10

1. Lincoln-Way East (5-0)

2. Homewood-Flossmoor (5-0)

3. Maine South (4-1)

4. Marist (5-0)

5. Loyola (4-1)

6. Naperville C (5-0)

7. East St. Louis (4-1)

8. Lake Zurich (5-0)

9. Prairie Ridge (5-0)

10. Barrington (5-0)

Games of Interest

Barrington (5-0) @ Palatine (3-2) - Palatine has lost to Maine South and 4-1 Stevenson by a combined 10 points. No one has come within 2 scores of Barrington thus far including Warren who took Lake Zurich to the brink in overtime.

Bro. Rice (1-4) @ Mt. Carmel (3-2)  - Rice has played a tough schedule lost all 4 games by 9 points or less including to my #4 Marist, and they need this win to keep their playoff hopes alive. Mt. Carmel probably needs this one to guarantee a birth after missing last season, as they still have Montini and Providence on the schedule.

Lincoln-Way East (5-0) @ Homewood-Flossmoor (5-0) - This may be the biggest game of the regular season. Both teams recently came from half time deficits to score victories. I think H-F has the better offense and LWE has the better defense. If H-F wins they wrap the conference championship up likely.

Loyola (4-1) @ St. Rita (4-1) - Just a big game in the Catholic Blue. Loyola has had a strangle hold on this matchup lately

Glenbard West (4-1) @ Lyons Twnshp (5-0) - This will be GBW's 1st test since Maine South put the pliers to them in week 1 so they'll be looking to make a statement. Lyons has been ranked pretty high all year, but IMO haven't shown they deserve it. They'll want to make a statement.

St. Edwards (OH) (5-0) @ Naperville C (5-0) - We'll see.

To my friend from Ohio above. What NC offers is a nice QB (Thorne) and WR (Reed) and collection of receivers to compliment him. Look for them to air it out early and often. Defensively they just play hard nosed and disciplined.

Here is their worst game this season, but WV came into the season a consensus top 10 team.

A week or 2 ago you had them at 2 or 3 now 6?

any reasons besides close games or injuries? Thanks

Edit: TE suspended 

anything else?

4 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

A week or 2 ago you had them at 2 or 3 now 6?

any reasons besides close games or injuries? Thanks

Edit: TE suspended 

anything else?

Really, just the near loss against Waubonsie, not blowing out a winless Wheaton South, and H-F's week 4 win had them jump a lot of teams. I also dropped ESL. But the truth is any of those teams I have could likely beat any of the others sometimes a team may be on fire and they'll blow one of em out, but theyre more or less even. This year's 8A should be fun.

• Thanks 1

Oh about this week. It is one of my favorite weeks of the season. Due to the large Jewish population of a lot of the north suburban schools and Yom Kippur being Saturday the northern burbs games are on Thursday so we get an extra day of games. So I get to see Barrington v Palatine Thursday, my boys Friday, and Naperville C v Ed's Saturday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Bones... Is Ed's NC being streamed? 

What's the deal with MT Carmel? 

Their coach would tell you they lost a couple guys to IMG, kids not focusing on the team, tough schedule (basically everything except he and the coaches not doing their jobs). Outside critics would say the program's refusal to adapt and start passing the rock and move away from their veer option. Supporters would say they're not getting the kids they used to get.

Funny part about it is these guys used to run around, before the multiplier, claiming they trounced overmatched opponents because of "hard work and coaching" now we never hear that mantra with JCA, MC, and Providence not as successful anymore. But honestly it just may be a new era with new schools taking control. I mean Wheaton South used to be a top 2 public program and they may go 0-9 and are 4-19 the past two seasons plus this season. 11-24 if we include 2014.

As for the streaming, I am not sure. It may be streamed on Naperville Community TV. They dont show that it will be, but they dont have a schedule for Saturday at all.

https://www.nctv17.com/livestream-schedule/

• Like 1

Barrington with the 26-24 win over Palatine as Palatine scores on the prevent defense with 19 seconds remaining but failed to recover the KO for the chance to win. Despite the close score I think Barrington was clearly the better team. The kicker getting injured in the 1st qtr hurt as Barrington was 1-4 on 2pt conversions.

Got LWE @ H-F tonight. 

Watching the game now. But I expected it to be closer however I also know you're not beating LWE with one guy. They tackle too well. Thats where Justin Hall killed us, breaking tackles in the backfield and turning them to 40 yd TD's.

GBW killed Lyons 35-3. Lyons about as i expected, which is overrated.

Mt. Carmel cooked Rice. Some people thinking Rice gave up on the season prior to the game. I guess they still had Loyola on the schedule so it's reasonable.

Loyola abuses Rita. Thought it would be closer.

Will swing by Naperville C after I leave the gym later.

My Top 10:

1. Lincoln-Way East (6-0) - set em up and LWE knocks em down. They'll have 2 easy weeks before one last test prior to the post season

2. Maine South (5-1) - won by forfeit as their week 6 opponent indefinitely suspended their football program due to hazing concerns. The score would have been whatever MS chose anyways.

3. Marist (6-0) - Beat St. Pats to death; this week vs Nazareth will be their best test of the season

4. Loyola (5-1) - Scored a comfortable win over Rita; tomato can on deck

5. Naperville Central (5-1) - Fought hard against Ohio power St. Eds; this week they get their cross town rival Naperville North on a two game skid. Should still be a good one

6. Homewood-Flossmoor (5-1) - The Vikings usually prolific offense got stymied by LWE's hard nosed D. It's smooth sailing until the post season for H-F

7. East St. Louis (5-1) - Collected a slim 6 point win over Bellville West. Don't know what to think about this, but they're rivals so we'll let it slide for now

8. Prairie Ridge (6-0) - bruised another tomato can

9. Barrington (6-0) - Nice win over Palatine, they have a test coming up against a highly regarded (I remain unconvinced) Hoffman Estates (6-0)

10. Lake Zurich (6-0) - good team, but the two who just jumped them are better with better resumes

• Like 1

Keep your head up grasshopper!

Games of interest

Lincoln-Way Central (5-1) @ Waubonsie Valley (3-3) - Central is looking for respect, Valley started the year highly regarded and is now fighting to make the post season and needs 2 of 3 against LWC (5-1), Naperville North (4-2), and Wheaton North (5-1).

Nazareth (6-0) @ Marist (6-0) - Game of the Year in the East Suburban Catholic Conference. Naz has a lot of young talent, Marist has a B1G10 DL. Something's gotta give.

Lake Zurich (6-0) @ Stevenson (5-1) - Lake Zurich generally gets top billing due to more success in 7A than Stevie has in 8A, but Stevie owns this matchup though the games are good. This looks to be the championship for the North Suburban Conference

South Elgin (6-0) @ Batavia (6-0) - I previously told @Nolebull813 that S. Elgin was busters and I still think so, but if they beat Batavia I'll have to change my mind

Hinsdale Central (5-1) @ Glenbard West (5-1) - both had embarrassing week 1 thrashings, but have been on a roll since, especially GBW with beatdown of previously undefeated Lyons. This looks to be for the West Suburban Conference Silver championship.

I got my eye on Peoria Central and Danville...Danville is 5-1 but gave up 76 points and 751 yards in their loss. Setting the O/U at 140.5. Peoria's star QB left their game last weekend with a shoulder injury though.

Sacred Heart-Griffin against Rochester this week too, although for once it isn't a battle of undefeated teams.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MA Fan said:

I got my eye on Peoria Central and Danville...Danville is 5-1 but gave up 76 points and 751 yards in their loss. Setting the O/U at 140.5. Peoria's star QB left their game last weekend with a shoulder injury though.

Sacred Heart-Griffin against Rochester this week too, although for once it isn't a battle of undefeated teams.

Peoria gave up, what, 12 points last week? 

That SHG loss to DMac will probably haunt them for years to come. But yeah the Leonard Bowl is big for that area. Local fans swear by the head coaches of Rochester and SHG.

Naperville North 44 Naperville Central 41 Final

Marist 42 Nazareth 0 Final. Didnt see a running clock coming in this one.

Lincoln-Way Central 19 Waubonsie Valley 7

Lake Zurich 28 Stevenson 0 

Mt. Carmel loses to De La Salle 21-14. Might cost them the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row with Montini and Providence remaining.

Interesting night of games...

And of course the Cubbies #flytheW

On 10/2/2017 at 9:30 PM, MA Fan said:

Danville 49 Peoria 26. Coran Taylor didn't dress with a shoulder injury, guess he is worth 50 points a game for them.

Rochester held off SHG 35-28 after leading 35-6.