Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

1 hour ago, FreeBird said:

Y’all got deer in Texas? Or did they import it so someone on the ranch can shoot it’s head off with a 50 caliber Barret?

Yup,

They even roam around our college campuses. Moreso the ducks than deer,

but you can see them roaming around the wooded tree areas.

2 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Y’all got deer in Texas? Or did they import it so someone on the ranch can shoot it’s head off with a 50 caliber Barret?

Tons of them. Long ago, antelope roamed this country down here (pronghorn). We also have black bear in Texas. 

And yes this ranch has been raising record-book high fence deer for almost 40 years (and no, there are no pen-raised deer here). Also exploratory oil and gas wells. 

2 hours ago, FreeBird said:

We got a lot of them 

I was riding with this guy I hired to tow my car a distance to a repair shop. On our way back he spotted a freshly killed deer that had been hit by a car, he pulled over, strapped it to the back of his truck and said he’d clean it up real good and give me some if I wanted a piece.  I was like “no thanks brother Im good !”  😂 

true story 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

We got a lot of them 

I was riding with this guy I hired to tow my car a distance to a repair shop. On our way back he spotted a freshly killed deer that had been hit by a car, he pulled over, strapped it to the back of his truck and said he’d clean it up real good and give me some if I wanted a piece.  I was like “no thanks brother Im good !”  😂 

true story 

I know a rube or two like this 😂. “Yeah I’ll pass on the roadkill skunk jerky, but thanks anyway” 😂

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Horsefly said:

We got a lot of them 

true story 

13 hours ago, Cossacks said:

I know a rube or two like this 😂. “Yeah I’ll pass on the roadkill skunk jerky, but thanks anyway” 😂

I mean I’m at the point, throw some bbq and if we gonna make jerky, I’ll eat anything, roadkill squirrel, opassium,  platypus seagull Muskrat 

1AA19D17-211B-40FC-ADFC-3A9474B1E486.jpeg

6EA365C1-FBB5-49C3-BF60-53285D8B0AA5.png

• Haha 2