Maxpreps TOP 25

Antt

13 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

But with their schedule its gonna be a challenge... 

They got: 

The #1 team in Alabama 

@ SJP (I thought) 

Mallard Creek at Home 

Then in state: 

Mill Creek 

Marietta 

Milton 

North Cobb 

Murderers Row for their first year in 7A... 

They have the horses for it. They'll be okay. 

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Buford Might do Alright this year. 

Theyre in 7A now. 

And honestly they could probably win it. 

7A this year: 

Buford 

Colquitt 

Lowndes 

Grayson 

Marietta 

Mill Creek 

Are probably gonna be the big bullies this year....

No faith in Dacula? Can’t count out the Count 😂

1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

No faith in Dacula? Can’t count out the Count 😂

The counts about to be counting the leaves on the trees as they sit at home... 

Dacula got stuck in a rough region tbh... 

It was either gonna be Buford and Mill Creek or Grayson and Archer's region either way they where looking at a 3rd place finish at best... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Let it be known.

Texas has scheduled the number #1 team in the nation three consecutive years in a row. [IMG, Mater Dei, Thing 2]

#Tier1Scheduling 

#OscarSmith

#IHateYouBosco

Including SFA, that's all of the top 4 programs in the country in the past three seasons.  Credit where credit's due.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Buford Might do Alright this year. 

Theyre in 7A now. 

And honestly they could probably win it. 

7A this year: 

Buford 

Colquitt 

Lowndes 

Grayson 

Marietta 

Mill Creek 

Are probably gonna be the big bullies this year....

It's been interesting watching Denmark climb the state rankings every single season.  Palmieri did that with Mallard Creek in Charlotte, too.  Dude can build winning programs.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:03 PM, Antt said:

Man Bosco ducked us talking about playing mater dei and we couldn't say anything but mater dei agreed without a problem and we agreed to go to Bosco and they agreed for 9 hrs then backed out the next morning and have Bosco EVER beat gorman but I don't believe in Clarkson and without a QB it's just not possible 

On 6/16/2022 at 9:31 PM, On2whls said:

Didn’t Bosco play Gorman twice during the Best Gorman years?   They’ve also played St. Louis, SJC, STA, St Xavier, Miami Central, just to name a few since 2015.  Going back to 2015 not many teams can match their OOS opponents but yet people feel the need to criticize their scheduling?

I am Totally with @Antt on this…. Since 2017 when SJB lost to STA, Name 1 OOS team SJB has Scheduled that could actually Beat them….

They could have scheduled IMG lBefore the stupid Chicken CIF rule was put in place like Cen10 (Twice) and MD did….

SUB has Not even played SFA who has been a Top 3 Program in The country since 2017…. But Somehow MD played SFA on SJB’s Home Field…. I mean come on, if you rally wanted to win a “Natty” and think your team is the best and will “Play Anyone, Anywhere” like JN likes to say, How the Hell do you allow MD to play that Team on your own home field?…..

Even DLS has played SFA and Cen10 had them scheduled in 2020…. All the teams listed Above are Lower Tier OOS teams except for STA, not one of those teams was favored to beat SJB and even DLS beat SJC….

Negro is afraid to play OOS teams that can actually beat them…. He would rather slide by and let MD do the Heavy Lifting and Fluff his schedule with Lower Tier Teams and just try to beat MD…..

I don’t care how Great my dude @HurricaneNick thinks SJB Defense is this year MD is going to beat them Twice…. SJB hasn’t come close to beating MD since DJ was there…. Plus MD has a hell of a defense coming back as well!!!….

And let’s all keep in Mind that SJB lost by 3 TD’s to Servite in the playoffs last year…. 🤣🤣

Also, the mass transfers in to SJB tells you that Negro is not getting the best Players as Frosh and are not good at developing players…. MD took transfers to get the thing going, now they are stacked with 4 year players and hardly any Transfers….

• Like 4

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

I don’t care how Great my dude @HurricaneNick thinks SJB Defense is this year MD is going to beat them Twice…. SJB hasn’t come close to beating MD since DJ was there…. Plus MD has a hell of a defense coming back as well!!!….

I agree 100%.

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Negro is afraid to play OOS teams that can actually beat them….

Mater Dei began scheduling OOS big boys once they had the team that could beat them.  If MD schedules OOS titans once they have slipped enough that they are toss up games, or MD is not favored, then that’s saying something.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I agree 100%.

Mater Dei began scheduling OOS big boys once they had the team that could beat them.  If MD schedules OOS titans once they have slipped enough that they are toss up games, or MD is not favored, then that’s saying something.  

Not OOS, but since it was pre SBG, I’d say De La Salle and Bob Ladoucer 1998-2002 say hello to that theory!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

I agree 100%.

Agree that MD suddenly Stepped up their Schedule starting in 2017… 

I would Say also that MD was not Favored against IMG in 2018… MD had a Brand New QB and On paper IMG was the Better Team with Better players….

I would even say that BG was probably favored when MD ended BG’s 50+ Game Winning Streak in 2017… MD also ended IMG’s 30 something game Winning Streak in 2018…. They also Beat SFA in 2019… SFA has only lost to MD, STA, and IMG in like the last 4 years but has also beaten IMG twice….

SJB has no OOS wins on the Level that MD does, Just losses to BG and STA and SJB is Ducking rematches with both and they are Ducking SFA…

I don’t think MD will Slip Because they are a real national power where kids are now going for 4 years and they are taking in far less transfers which is better for the program because all the great players want to go there as Freshman….. They have also proven they can beat the top competition the Country has to offer and they have won More State and Mythical Natty’s then SJB has…. SJB didn’t even make the section finals last year….

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Not OOS, but since it was pre SBG, I’d say De La Salle and Bob Ladoucer 1998-2002 say hello to that theory!!!

Forsure!!…. DLS HAD to start scheduling those games or people would have made a Mockery of the streak….

But DLS played MD in 1998 and MD was a Heavy Favorite in that game and was the USA Today National Champ in 1996….

MD was also the Pre Season #1 Team in 1999 but took a bad early season loss…. But MD still won the SS Top Division Championship….

And of course LBP was “Guaranteed” to Break their Streak in 2001 and was #1 in the county and the overwhelming favorite in that game….

So 3 of the 4 years DLS was Not the Favorite in the Biggest Game they played…. After Beating LBP though, DLS was pretty much the favorite in Every game that played….🤣

7 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Just like I told Antt, I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT! 🤣😂😂 I’d love nothing more than to be wrong on this one! 

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Agree that MD suddenly Stepped up their Schedule starting in 2017… 

I would Say also that MD was not Favored against IMG in 2018… MD had a Brand New QB and On paper IMG was the Better Team with Better players….

I would even say that BG was probably favored when MD ended BG’s 50+ Game Winning Streak in 2017… MD also ended IMG’s 30 something game Winning Streak in 2018…. They also Beat SFA in 2019… SFA has only lost to MD, STA, and IMG in like the last 4 years but has also beaten IMG twice….

SJB has no OOS wins on the Level that MD does, Just losses to BG and STA and SJB is Ducking rematches with both and they are Ducking SFA…

I don’t think MD will Slip Because they are a real national power where kids are now going for 4 years and they are taking in far less transfers which is better for the program because all the great players want to go there as Freshman….. They have also proven they can beat the top competition the Country has to offer and they have won More State and Mythical Natty’s then SJB has…. SJB didn’t even make the section finals last year….

The scheduling was no secret. You roll the dice against the best when you have A team that can compete. St Thomas Aquinas wasn’t playing multiple national powers all across the country before they became one themselves. Gorman too. Cen10 wasn’t doing it before Logan got it rolling and then they brought in BG, IMG, etc. Hell, bosco used to be seen as an extra bye week and now they’re the one of the best. I respect the hell out of Mission Viejo and they played in some of their biggest national games when they had the roster to compete. Just how it goes IMO. 

• Like 1

The death knell of HS football continues. Congrats to turning it into a sport as non-compelling at the top levels as HS basketball. What a joke. 🤢🤑

1 St. John Bosco (Bellflower) CA 0-0 --
2 Mater Dei (Santa Ana) CA 0-0 --
3 St. Frances Academy (Baltimore) MD 0-0 --
4 IMG Academy (Bradenton) FL 0-0 --
5 St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale) FL 0-0 --
6 Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas) NV 0-0 --
  • Like 1