Maxpreps TOP 25

Antt

Miramar HC Cogdell had a 3 year win streak vs STA before he was hired by WVU, his alma mater I believe… and the 4th year with a new HC was a game STA had no business winning as they had a backup QB in who threw maybe 3 passes at best all game and their D and special teams basically won the game.  

They also lost the game’s momentum and lead late 3rd quarter or early 4th vs MC several years back and got smashed in the 4th overall by gaping rushing holes.  

The game vs Dillard last season was very close and could have gone either way.  

When you face quality public and private schools, it’s game on.  Doesn’t matter as @steeler01mentioned.  Same deal.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

@RedZone

Evangel won state in 2005 and lost to both Longview and Texas high school 🙂 52 - 14 & 45 - 10.

Carroll beat state champion Evangel in 2006 43 - 16.

Allen beat state champion Evangel in 2016 45 - 10.

Those too. I gave him a pass on those because they were lower division championships, but yup.  

They played a bunch of Many's during that time(ECA)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

@RedZone

Evangel won state in 2005 and lost to both Longview and Texas high school 🙂 52 - 14 & 45 - 10.

Carroll beat state champion Evangel in 2006 43 - 16.

Allen beat state champion Evangel in 2016 45 - 10.

I think I was thinking nationally ranked teams when I said that....those Evangel teams weren't very good at all....they played in 1A and 2A, I believe.

It was more about State Champion JSerra, CA giving up 60 points to a 7-4 Utah team......and JSerra being ranked Top 50 nationally.

2004 Evangel was pretty good when Springdale whooped them early, Evangel was #58 nationally that year.. I forgot about that game. Evangel lost a couple close games to #9 and #12 nationally ranked Texas teams also (Abeline and Longview were good). Evangel could have won both of those games though....Evangel played 5 OOS games that year. IS what it is.

Evangel Christian Academy (Shreveport, LA) Louisiana 5A District 1 5A 11-3 4-0 (1st) 9-0 63.9 37.8 115-52
WINS: #124 Texas (Texarkana, TX) (9-2), #149 West Monroe (LA) (21-20), #470 East St. John (Reserve, LA) (62-42), #822 Destrehan (LA) (47-28), #832 Cretin-Derham Hall (St. Paul, MN) (47-7), #1032 Slidell (LA) (45-5), #1853 Ruston (LA) (33-12), #1957 Holy Cross (New Orleans, LA) (45-17), #2241 Huntington (Shreveport, LA) (49-22), #2326 Southwood (Shreveport, LA) (60-12), #6997 Natchitoches Central (Natchitoches, LA) (54-12), LOSSES: #9 Abilene (TX) (19-14), #12 Longview (TX) (24-21), #91 Springdale (AR) (38-14)

• Thanks 1

Just now, RedZone said:

I think I was thinking nationally ranked teams when I said that....those Evangel teams weren't very good at all....they played in 1A and 2A, I believe.

Many plays in 2A. Lol

Just now, RedZone said:

It was more about State Champion JSerra, CA giving up 60 points to a 7-4 Utah team......and JSerra being ranked Top 50 nationally.

Serra didn't play in the top division either.  Not even the 2nd highest division. Way to move the goalposts. Serra wasn't a top 50 team in the US and don't tell me because calpreps says so. Playoff boost crap

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Many plays in 2A. Lol

Serra didn't play in the top division either.  Not even the 2nd highest division. Way to move the goalposts. Serra wasn't a top 50 team in the US and don't tell me because calpreps says so. Playoff boost crap

Blah, blah, and blah.

Live with the embarrassing loss like other states do.

It was one of the most embarrassing losses in out-of-state history, man. And the Utah traveled to California. smdh

22 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Blah, blah, and blah.

You just talked shit about your 2A division. The one Many plays in lol

Live with the embarrassing loss like other states do.

A loss

It was one of the most embarrassing losses in out-of-state history, man. And the Utah traveled to California. smdh

Not really,  but k