Anyone ever heard of Oscarville?

Wildcat Will

This is really a question for the Georgia posters but I figured since some here know so much, maybe they too can contribute.

Oscarville once existed in north Georgia. Can anyone tell me anything about it and what happened to it?

A poster claimed to be taught of a certain portion of black history and I questioned him as to if he learned anything more than they taught him. Since he did not respond, I present a bit of history for his discovery

A message for him.......the next time someone is teaching, why don't you get taught..

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 5:43 PM, Wildcat Will said:

A poster claimed to be taught of a certain portion of black history and I questioned him as to if he learned anything more than they taught him. Since he did not respond, I present a bit of history for his discovery

So what are we to learn from the plight of Oscarville that we didn’t already know?  There is more than ample evidence that white people, especially in the Deep South committed atrocities against blacks.  
At some point, you have to look forward, not continuously behind.   It’s too bad you don’t understand what colors define the range of personal interaction and ultimately explain how people have treated each other and predict how people will treat each other.  

With respect to Oscarville, and the possibility of its connection to the “mysterious” deaths at Lake Lanier?Well Bigfoot, Roswell, Blackstar Canyon, the Jersey Devil, Bermuda Triangle……… all compelling lore.  But, I do have an associate currently working a sector in the Osceola national forest. He’ll be visiting relatives in Atlanta in a few weeks and will take a quick side trip to Lake Lanier.  I don’t expect him to uncover anything but lore.  However, if there’s something there, and you’re willing to put in the work, it might be an opportunity for you to really expand your perspective on the world. 

On 6/21/2022 at 5:43 PM, Wildcat Will said:

A message for him.......the next time someone is teaching, why don't you get taught..

Hmmmm, it was at the Festival for Amanda at Harvard Stadium in 1979 that I first learned that there are people who you’ve never met that can walk right up to you, address you accurately by name, and provide you with guidance for choosing a path forward.  I didn’t realize what was happening at the time and it was so  disconcerting, I turned away and hid behind my science education.  Ultimately though, I’ve learned to embrace these encounters learning from each one. It’s a lifelong process. I can’t wait until it’s time for retirement when I can devote the majority of my time to putting the knowledge to use. 

On 6/21/2022 at 8:43 PM, Wildcat Will said:

This is really a question for the Georgia posters but I figured since some here know so much, maybe they too can contribute.

Oscarville once existed in north Georgia. Can anyone tell me anything about it and what happened to it?

Yeah Imma take a guess its a poster who is against crt. They don't even teach that in history as a part of the states history nut they'll tell you about the burning of atlanta. 

On 6/23/2022 at 2:55 AM, On2whls said:

So what are we to learn from the plight of Oscarville that we didn’t already know?  There is more than ample evidence that white people, especially in the Deep South committed atrocities against blacks.  
At some point, you have to look forward, not continuously behind.   It’s too bad you don’t understand what colors define the range of personal interaction and ultimately explain how people have treated each other and predict how people will treat each other.  

With respect to Oscarville, and the possibility of its connection to the “mysterious” deaths at Lake Lanier?Well Bigfoot, Roswell, Blackstar Canyon, the Jersey Devil, Bermuda Triangle……… all compelling lore.  But, I do have an associate currently working a sector in the Osceola national forest. He’ll be visiting relatives in Atlanta in a few weeks and will take a quick side trip to Lake Lanier.  I don’t expect him to uncover anything but lore.  However, if there’s something there, and you’re willing to put in the work, it might be an opportunity for you to really expand your perspective on the world. 

Hmmmm, it was at the Festival for Amanda at Harvard Stadium in 1979 that I first learned that there are people who you’ve never met that can walk right up to you, address you accurately by name, and provide you with guidance for choosing a path forward.  I didn’t realize what was happening at the time and it was so  disconcerting, I turned away and hid behind my science education.  Ultimately though, I’ve learned to embrace these encounters learning from each one. It’s a lifelong process. I can’t wait until it’s time for retirement when I can devote the majority of my time to putting the knowledge to use. 

Listen son, and I am old enough to call most every guy son, I understand far too well. I pose the question rhetorically. I live in Georgia and I know my black history quite well also. I know what took place in my state. There are no illusions on my part as to how human interaction takes place, given color as the baseline, nor am I confused as to the ways of life.

Speaking as a black man, I have insight another man of more seasoning but not of my race, will not have if he has not lived the life conversed of here.

As far as an aptitude test, as you describe in your chance meeting at a meeting at this higher institute if learning, I got that in elementary school many decades ago.

Keep learning

1 hour ago, Wildcat Will said:

Listen son, and I am old enough to call most every guy son, I understand far too well. I pose the question rhetorically. I live in Georgia and I know my black history quite well also. I know what took place in my state. There are no illusions on my part as to how human interaction takes place, given color as the baseline, nor am I confused as to the ways of life.

Speaking as a black man, I have insight another man of more seasoning but not of my race, will not have if he has not lived the life conversed of here.

As far as an aptitude test, as you describe in your chance meeting at a meeting at this higher institute if learning, I got that in elementary school many decades ago.

Keep learning

Your not even black ur Caramel