Archie chooses the Longhorns

FreeBird

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Montgomery is the damn capital! Major Air Force base in the city. 

First instructions we were advised on before arriving is be aware of your surroundings because there had been racial issues in the past. 

my point is this dude loves to spout his BS about Austin and his state capital is no utopia! He can gtfoh with that BS! 

And his comprehensive skills suck.  Pointing out they are known for sites today based on those atrocities.  Hell my AVP invited me out to visit them with him an ode to my knowledge of African American History.  You and I Know Elaha left a message in that bombing by destroying the face of White Jesus.  But that's way over his knowledge and that's his terrible city.  Alabama, nd it's next door toothless cousin Missicreappi should just STFU about every State.  Ask anyone what to do in Bombingham and you will be taken on a tour of Black historical suffering.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

And his comprehensive skills suck.  Pointing out they are known for sites today based on those atrocities.  Hell my AVP invited me out to visit them with him an ode to my knowledge of African American History.  You and I Know Elaha left a message in that bombing by destroying the face of White Jesus.  But that's way over his knowledge and that's his terrible city.  Alabama, nd it's next door toothless cousin Missicreappi should just STFU about every State.  Ask anyone what to do in Bombingham and you will be taken on a tour of Black historical suffering.  

All true. You’re right his comprehension skills suck. I wonder if this stat has anything to do with it. Ala dead last in education!  He needs to focus on that and racism instead of worrying about Austin 24/7

9462ED09-87FF-4908-86C6-931E2E785D2E.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pied said:

Lol. So Ehlinger was a how many year starter? Last season Card won the job, lost it and Thompson played pretty well until he got hurt. Whatever helps you, feel free to make up what you’d like in your own mind. :)

And where are those 2 QBs now?

One went ghost...and the other is on his way out the door (barring a position switch).

Also...It goes back further than that actually.  

AND don't get me started on Card.  Many of ya own faithful think he shouldn't have had the job to begin with.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I have lived in Birmingham 50 plus years and know 100000x more about it than you do. So don't sit in Texas and tell me about something you only have read about and been to maybe once in your life.

Nobody is proud of those events that the city of Birmingham employees did in those bombing. I hate it happened. It is a terrible event.

I know that Tuscaloosa has never had someone shoot the school up like Texas did. Killing 19.

7 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

And where are those 2 QBs now?

One went ghost...and the other is on his way out the door (barring a position switch).

Also...It goes back further than that actually.  

AND don't get me started on Card.  Many of ya own faithful think he shouldn't have had the job to begin with.

A fanbase took sides in a QB competition?!? After losing a 4 year starter?  I've never heard anything like that.  That is truly unique!

3 hours ago, pied said:

A fanbase took sides in a QB competition?!? After losing a 4 year starter?  I've never heard anything like that.  That is truly unique!

Maaaan cut it out. 🤣. Get off that Sam BS. (Remember how Sam got that job btw...but let's not lose focus here).

Card was named starter 2 games.  After Pig Sooie beat the breakers of y'all (A game Thompson "turned heads in") Thompson was named starter.  You think pressure from the fans had nothing to do with that???

Thompson stayed starter until Iowa State game btw.  But ya knew that.

12 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Maaaan cut it out. 🤣. Get off that Sam BS. (Remember how Sam got that job btw...but let's not lose focus here).

Card was named starter 2 games.  After Pig Sooie beat the breakers of y'all (A game Thompson "turned heads in") Thompson was named starter.  You think pressure from the fans had nothing to do with that???

Thompson stayed starter until Iowa State game btw.  But ya knew that.

I think Card's play (8/15 - 61 yards and two sacks) and Thompson's play (5/8 - 57 yards, 0 sacks and 44 rushing yards and 2 TDs) led to the decision and for him starting the following week (15/18- 164 yards) and the following week (18/23 - 303 yards and 5 TDs). I think his performance had WAY more to do than what the fans wanted.  

I think it is also clear that Thompson was trying to play through what was more serious than known, hand injury from the ou game.