STA transfer list

Ga96

28 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

It's been my experience transfers particularly en masse or if there are consistently more than the normal amount a high school would have that all play a particular sport most certainly incudes recruitment of some sort in every case.

So more conflating of two separate things and the promoting of your unsubstantiated opinions as facts.

29 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

It doesn't take much to be in violation of the FHSAA recruiting rules and schools that get an unusually high rate of transfers for football almost certainly violate these rules. So yes it's relevant to the topic

And just to make sure that nobody is on the fence about your opinion-as-fact claims, you drive it home for the third time in the same post.

On 6/26/2022 at 12:24 PM, Bodysurf said:

It doesn’t matter if a kid transfers 100 times. No rule is being broken. Just because you don’t like it, and I actually don’t like it either, doesn’t make it illegal. 

Slavery used to be legal. What is going on in Florida is not against any rules but by the rules of fair play it sure is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Slavery used to be legal. What is going on in Florida is nor against any rules but by the rules of fair play it sure is.

You are actually making an analogy between slavery and kids having the free choice to attend the high school they want? 

• Like 3

I agree with the message the author intended. HSFB purists are on board and agree wholeheartedly that the proliferation of transfers is nothing more than what most accuse Grayson of as a public school, whereas the nationally known privates operate in this fashion on the regular.

It does nothing to further the spirit of competition and has evolved into a money game and  not the game of amateur athletes, just as the spirit of the Olympics. The purity and innocence involved in playing the game you love is now lost........for those doing it now for the wrong reason at the wrong time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Both are morally wrong.

Enslaving another human being for personal gain and allowing a family to choose where their child attends high school (even if that includes a transfer) are both morally wrong? Those two things are in the same ballpark? Are morals objective or subjective? You’re on record saying it’s morally wrong for a child to choose where he wants to go to high school. You might want to clean that take up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Enslaving another human being for personal gain and allowing a family to choose where their child attends high school (even if that includes a transfer) are both morally wrong? Those two things are in the same ballpark? Are morals objective or subjective? You’re on record saying it’s morally wrong for a child to choose where he wants to go to high school. You might want to clean that take up. 

You are right. I should have said schools that recruit hired guns for football purposes only. Grayson has kids play football then leave after the season is over going back to their original school is morally wrong.  My bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Way back many years ago I decided to attend Mater Dei instead of the local public high school. I never realized I was morally wrong to chose the school that was the best option for me. 

Going to a school like Mater Dei offers more than just football a great education schools like Grayson only offer football.  That is a moral issue.

I also think offering a kid a free ride at a private school is unfair just because he runs a 4.4 forty. When they will not give a normal kid a free ride. IMG is guilty of this.

The ones I hsve a problem with are kids who transfer their senior season just to chase a ring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

I don't think all these kids going to certain schools make the choice themselves.

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Way back many years ago I decided to attend Mater Dei instead of the local public high school. I never realized I was morally wrong to chose the school that was the best option for me. 

People really don't care where you went to high school and they're getting fed up with football transfers just like high school basketball. 

It was just a matter of time before it blew up.

17 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

I agree with the message the author intended. HSFB purists are on board and agree wholeheartedly that the proliferation of transfers is nothing more than what most accuse Grayson of as a public school, whereas the nationally known privates operate in this fashion on the regular.

It does nothing to further the spirit of competition and has evolved into a money game and  not the game of amateur athletes, just as the spirit of the Olympics. The purity and innocence involved in playing the game you love is now lost........for those doing it now for the wrong reason at the wrong time.

They know what I mean and what im posting they are just playing dumb to keep their ego stable because they support this mess as long as they are benefiting from it.

On 6/26/2022 at 4:16 AM, RedZone said:

A lot of states don't put up with that bull crap. Because some states have lost total control doesn't make it right. These roster raiders aren't going to jail, but they're still getting away with stuff that doesn't fly in most places.

Has Louisiana “lost total control” as well? Just wondering…

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/07/30/louisiana-high-school-sports-public-private-recruitment/809870002/

From this article:

Now more than ever during my 35 years of covering high school sports in Louisiana, recruiting has also become commonplace among public schools throughout the Acadiana area.”

“A long time ago, wherever you lived that’s where you went to school, period,” Rayne High football coach Curt Ware said. “The private schools have always had that obviously. But I’m telling you right now, that it’s almost as bad in public schools now.”

“Personally, the part I’ve never really quite understood is how easily the LHSAA’s enforcement wing has lost touch with the spirit of the all original anti-recruiting legislation.”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

They know what I mean and what im posting they are just playing dumb to keep their ego stable because they support this mess as long as they are benefiting from it.

Is the GHSA “just playing dumb” too? They have exactly one Compliance Officer for the entire state! They rely on schools to self-report recruiting violations - sort of the “fox overseeing the hen house mentality “. 

Transfers, for the GHSA, is the elephant in the room, and it always will be. How do you monitor so many student-athletes, so many moves and so many individual scenarios across 460-plus athletic programs?

The Answer from the head of the GHSA Robin Hines:

“We investigate everything, and what you must understand is from an association standpoint, we're an association of 470 schools. We rely on the integrity of those schools in following the rules and doing the right thing. We also rely on those schools to monitor themselves. It's really difficult in the metro-Atlanta area. For instance, when there's a school on every corner people are much more fluid in their movements.”

“They're just 14 of us who work here. And over a half of those are administrative assistants. And everybody else is running sports and planning venues and doing ineligibility and working with officials and sanctioning events and all that sort of thing. So it’s a tough, tough thing.”

“We’re just not going to go deem a kid ineligible because somebody said that so-and-so recruited him unless we can prove that. And that’s difficult. A lot of times it's difficult to prove undue influence. An undue influence, according to the bylaws, can be from anybody associated with that school. They can be a parent; it can be a booster club member or it can be another student. But to prove that is very difficult.”

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Furthermore, transfers do not all come in together at once with these lists.  Not STA for sure.  
A 3-4 star transfer will sit and start following year for example and especially at WR at STA.  Reserves who transfer adds depth, but little PT.  Kids learn the system and watch and get their chance next year.  

Are there alums/friends/agents lol of the schools chatting up an ear or two?  Probably.  Are there friends on other teams who chat up an ear or two?  Absolutely.  Are parents and sons noticing open starter spots upon graduation?  Absolutely.  Do they know what schools tend to do historically vs others recruiting wise?   Rhetorical question. 

2 hours ago, The Colonel said:

Has Louisiana “lost total control” as well? Just wondering…

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/07/30/louisiana-high-school-sports-public-private-recruitment/809870002/

From this article:

Now more than ever during my 35 years of covering high school sports in Louisiana, recruiting has also become commonplace among public schools throughout the Acadiana area.”

“A long time ago, wherever you lived that’s where you went to school, period,” Rayne High football coach Curt Ware said. “The private schools have always had that obviously. But I’m telling you right now, that it’s almost as bad in public schools now.”

“Personally, the part I’ve never really quite understood is how easily the LHSAA’s enforcement wing has lost touch with the spirit of the all original anti-recruiting legislation.”

Well,  anyone is free to pick a Louisiana team and report all their transfers....... Let's see how they stack up nationally.

People here get upset if a team gets "two" transfers.

I think most every state has a public vs private problem, been that way for 100 years in some states....... but, every state does not have a transfer problem....... especially with what we're seeing out of the top teams every year in high school football.

In Louisiana this off season the LHSAA ruled that all open enrollment and charter schools are now considered private schools and they will play in the private school playoffs (some pretty big names).......Louisiana, in my opinion...is at least trying to level the playing field the best they can. What else can that do really? Every sports transfer is reviewed by the state and many have to sit out a year when they transfer.

Of course we have some here that have tried to beat the syatem and they have been dinged too. Sooner or later the hammer drops every time.

Texas has A LOT of open enerollment high schools, don't let anyone kid you. Those are really private schools wearing public masks.

What are you going to do???

Anyways, 15-30 transfers every off season is absurd and can't be defended.