USC and UCLA to Join B1G in 2024?

concha

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Which Trojan took your girl? 

Oh nah she's with a buckeye... 

Me... 

But my moms family most of them are die hard Trojans or Georgia Bulldogs and the Trojan Contigency is annoying... 

My moms a Trojan too unfortunately.... 

My GF doesmt really follow football but she likes Basketball and her folks hail from Oakland but shes a Bruin fan... 

11 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Oh nah she's with a buckeye... 

Me... 

But my moms family most of them are die hard Trojans or Georgia Bulldogs and the Trojan Contigency is annoying... 

My moms a Trojan too unfortunately.... 

My GF doesmt really follow football but she likes Basketball and her folks hail from Oakland but shes a Bruin fan... 

Mother knows best. ✌️

11 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

This only makes sense for football, which of course dictates everything. Although it would suck for SoCal teams to play in Madison, Wisconsin in November 😬

No, actually it would be great. Even greater if we could get the SEC heavyweights to play up North in bad weather. 

Then everyone would see how hard it is and why Northern teams have to recruit and play just a bit differently. 

When you don’t get perfect field and playing conditions in late season BIG games things are different.

What’s funny is, I often see many make the argument in the NFL how great weather games are and how the sport was “meant” to be played out in the elements and not in domes.

I always argue back that it was that way historically because it had to be. Until technology and investments into the game changed it. And now we get to largely see who the better team is, not who deals with terrible weather and  terrible field conditions best. But I digress…

I often wonder why many that support the elements argument with regard to the NFL don’t seem to champion it so much in college football.

• Like 1

great move by B10...this sets up a chaos as either the Big12 or PAC10 is done....these two conferences should just merge to stay ahead of the slow death from SEC / B10 and then the ACC becomes the last prey left.  overall just sucks for college football not too mention the non P5 schools.  As an Irish fan this is all good news....ACC probably gonna go to South Bend and show an empty check to the Irish ....they should never join a conference...but if they have to then...they would have to join B10 over anyone else....

22 hours ago, SJR89 said:

great move by B10...this sets up a chaos as either the Big12 or PAC10 is done....these two conferences should just merge to stay ahead of the slow death from SEC / B10 and then the ACC becomes the last prey left.  overall just sucks for college football not too mention the non P5 schools.  As an Irish fan this is all good news....ACC probably gonna go to South Bend and show an empty check to the Irish ....they should never join a conference...but if they have to then...they would have to join B10 over anyone else....

Been saying this for 10 years now... 

ND needs to join the Big 10 if anything. 

Geographically it would make sense. 

I can see the PAC-12 trying enlisting some MWC Schools: 

San-Diego State 

Boise State 

And maybe gun for Texas Tech and Houston

27 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Been saying this for 10 years now... 

ND needs to join the Big 10 if anything. 

Geographically it would make sense. 

I can see the PAC-12 trying enlisting some MWC Schools: 

San-Diego State 

Boise State 

And maybe gun for Texas Tech and Houston

San Diego State makes sense if only to keep a foot in the California Market.

Boise State is iffy.  They don't have the resources...yet.

Houston just got accepted to the Big 12 along with Cincinnati, Central Florida, and BYU.  They aren't going anywhere.

Texas Tech really has no reason to leave Big 12.  TCU, Baylor, and Okie Lite...I mean Texas North...I mean...Dammit the Orange team in Oklahoma...

...anyways...they are still there.

I'll throw out a crazy name for ya.

UNLV - Vegas market, Facilities are solid.  Only problem - Thier football history is horrendous.

Also...ND can't join because of that ACC contract in the other sports.  ACC payout is pretty hefty.  Could ND afford it...yes.  Do they want to give them the money???  Hell Naw.

Besides...they run the show as an Independent.

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

San Diego State makes sense if only to keep a foot in the California Market.

Boise State is iffy.  They don't have the resources...yet.

Houston just got accepted to the Big 12 along with Cincinnati, Central Florida, and BYU.  They aren't going anywhere.

Texas Tech really has no reason to leave Big 12.  TCU, Baylor, and Okie Lite...I mean Texas North...I mean...Dammit the Orange team in Oklahoma...

...anyways...they are still there.

I'll throw out a crazy name for ya.

UNLV - Vegas market, Facilities are solid.  Only problem - Thier football history is horrendous.

Also...ND can't join because of that ACC contract in the other sports.  ACC payout is pretty hefty.  Could ND afford it...yes.  Do they want to give them the money???  Hell Naw.

Besides...they run the show as an Independent.

UNLV would be a solid Basketball addition... 

Wish Gonzaga would join the Pac-12 in Basketball 

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, RedZone said:

If Lincoln Riley's house is any indication Riley is more concerned about glitter/gold than he is about being tough..

Lincoln Riley bought a house worth less than 2/10 of his contract. It’ll be worth 20% more in the next 5-6 years. ROI is going to be pretty decent Lol. Google what ROI means. You’re out of your league here. On brand though. 

Love the logic. “His house is too nice for him to be tough!” Dumb. Saban has an $11 MM vacation house. Stay tuned, rrz will abandon his flawed logic (the topic) and compare Riley and Saban as coaches. Brian Kelly is so tough that he has less NY6 wins than Lincoln Riley despite being 22 years older. In fact, Kelly has never won a BCS/NY6 or playoff game in his entire career. Maybe that’s not his fault though, when he was Lincoln Riley’s age he was coaching division 2 football. No big wins but he’s as tough as they come!! Kelly is in ELITE company on this list below.

13038B30-55DE-4339-AAE1-42A06063BC1C.jpeg

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Lincoln Riley bought a house worth less than 2/10 of his contract.

Who cares.........Riley has been in California 45 minutes and already paid 18 millon for a house.

That's something some punk lead singer would do after having "1 hit".  Riley doesn't even have "1 hit". lmao

15 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Who cares.........Riley has been in California 45 minutes and already paid 18 millon for a house.

That's something some punk lead singer would do after having "1 hit".  Riley doesn't even have "1 hit". lmao

You care. You’ve brought up Lincoln Riley’s house more than anyone else on here. Lincoln Riley has more “hits” than Brian Kelly and a nicer house in a better location. Lmao. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RedZone said:

This is why having any semblance of an Argument or Conversation with you is an impossible task... 

You're an idiot who moves the goal post when he gets proven wrong... 

"Who cares" 

"Who Cares"

"Who Cares" 

And your comparison makes no sense what so ever... 

But sure you'll brush it off with some BS like "Its ok little guy" just to make YOURSELF feel better because you got your ass exposed on a flimsy stupid argument... 

Then you dont have the balls to back up shit... 

You just jump ship like a fucking joke... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1