1. 1. Who should be preseason #1

• St. Thomas Aquinas
    • St. John Bosco
    • DeMatha
    • Mater Dei
    • Bishop Gorman
    • IMG Academy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/25/2017 at 05:43 PM

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I'm an IMG hater, and don't get me wrong they can be beaten, BUT it's not like they haven't performed as good as any of these others in recent years.   The reason more people don't pick them is because they think they shouldn't be included (I would even agree with this), but if say Don Bosco or Allen or any other "regular HS" had the results IMG had they'd be a lot more likely to be chosen in a list like this.  Especially with the talent at hand.  Just saying.   

They are beatable .... but only by another top 5 -10 team. Excited to see them against SFA. 

18 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Right now. Let's see how the nj kid does in that preseason game they usually play. 

Last I heard it was uncertain who was going to be the starting QB.    When I heard this I didn't think much of it though as I didn't see any other qb's at the time.   Probably BS though.   I'm interested in seeing Sitkowski throw the rock too, at one point Fl was very high on him.   He has great form and arm strength, just not as much film as you'd expect a kid like him to have.  

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Last I heard it was uncertain who was going to be the starting QB.    When I heard this I didn't think much of it though as I didn't see any other qb's at the time.   Probably BS though.   I'm interested in seeing Sitkowski throw the rock too, at one point Fl was very high on him.   He has great form and arm strength, just not as much film as you'd expect a kid like him to have.  

Seen his highlight tape but prefer to watch an entire game. Don't forget kellen mond split snaps in that preseason game for img last year so who knows what they will do.... 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I'm all for not including IMG, but if they're included...how can you argue against em?

24 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I'm an IMG hater, and don't get me wrong they can be beaten, BUT it's not like they haven't performed as good as any of these others in recent years.   The reason more people don't pick them is because they think they shouldn't be included (I would even agree with this), but if say Don Bosco or Allen or any other "regular HS" had the results IMG had they'd be a lot more likely to be chosen in a list like this.  Especially with the talent at hand.  Just saying.   

IMG barely escaped Cen10 (50-49) who didn't even make it to the Pac-5 Championship. That's CA playoffs we're talking about, which we've all heard is a joke. 

I voted for BG, in part because (as you yourself point out) the results they've had these last few years, though I do think it's a bit of a toss-up between IMG and BG. Who knows how their offenses will look this year, especially early in the season. 

I don't trust MD. They've let me down too many times in the past, though I want them to do well. I grew up watching MD.

Same goes for SJB: I think they're often out-coached by Cen10 and don't make the best use of their talent. 

Let's be honest, which team didn't escape a tough win or lose etc. 

MD lost by 14 to SJB, who in the playoffs escaped Cen10 by 2.  SJB lost to BG by 10, who escaped vs STA by 1, who lost Booker T Washington by 4, who lost to Miami Central by 20, who lost to Carol City by 28, who lost to IMG by 10, who barely escaped Cen10.    

What does this mean? Nothing...just that it's hard to win them all.   BG and IMG did last year, but still neither were flawless. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

My issue with IMG is they tend to play against a ton of top 10-50 teams and less so vs top 1-5 teams.   Still that talent is not your regular "uber talented team" it's a top level NCAA recruiting class that would rival Bama/FSU/Clemson etc. 

Well that's definitely one issue

and skates the obvious of what they really are 

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

PGL works w IMG re its OOS scheduling. Most of the Top 1-5 teams won't schedule them. I know, I've tried. That's why you're seeing them play the Top 10-50 teams. They are the most generous host in the USA. What they offer visiting OOS teams is unprecedented, and still they can't attract the creme de la creme. Not their fault. 

The top 5 teams owe them no recognition 🙁

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

PGL works w IMG re its OOS scheduling. Most of the Top 1-5 teams won't schedule them. I know, I've tried. That's why you're seeing them play the Top 10-50 teams. They are the most generous host in the USA. What they offer visiting OOS teams is unprecedented, and still they can't attract the creme de la creme. Not their fault. 

What they offer other teams is because they have to sustain their program otherwise no one would play them and they would fold up like a tent in your back pack.

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I can see why. The Top 5 teams have nothing to gain and everything to lose, while IMG has everything to gain and nothing to lose. Even for teams like STA, BG, SJB, it's only every 4+ years they might assemble a monster team while IMG can easily create that team in a season effortlessly. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, 954gator said:

My issue with IMG is they tend to play against a ton of top 10-50 teams and less so vs top 1-5 teams.   Still that talent is not your regular "uber talented team" it's a top level NCAA recruiting class that would rival Bama/FSU/Clemson etc. 

Yet with all that talent and having more D1 prospects then any team in the country they still challenged by top teams which tells me one of 2 things are true 

1 the coaching for IMG is overrated 

Or 2 that there a hell a lot more to high school success then D1 athletes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hardhit1 said:

The top 5 teams owe them no recognition 🙁

I mean at the same time BG, STA, a lot of these teams took decades to get to this level.  IMG in year what 4-5?   Plus for STA, IMG is like 3 hrs away.  I'm surprised the Cali and Ga guys aren't more pissed at them especially ga.    IMG has got to have like 15+ top Ga kids, maybe more.   They have a bunch of Cali and Texas kids too.  

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I mean at the same time BG, STA, a lot of these teams took decades to get to this level.  IMG in year what 4-5?   Plus for STA, IMG is like 3 hrs away.  I'm surprised the Cali and Ga guys aren't more pissed at them especially ga.    IMG has got to have like 15+ top Ga kids, maybe more.   They have a bunch of Cali and Texas kids too.  

If I'm being completely honest no high school program in the state of Cali except Centennial wants any business with IMG. I honestly think the state wants a state-wide ban against IMG to be honest.

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Let's be honest, which team didn't escape a tough win or lose etc. 

MD lost by 14 to SJB, who in the playoffs escaped Cen10 by 2.  SJB lost to BG by 10, who escaped vs STA by 1, who lost Booker T Washington by 4, who lost to Miami Central by 20, who lost to Carol City by 28, who lost to IMG by 10, who barely escaped Cen10.    

What does this mean? Nothing...just that it's hard to win them all.   BG and IMG did last year, but still neither were flawless. 

Yeah but still. 

34 minutes ago, 954gator said:

EH, Cali is used to kids transferring.I think we set a state record with transfers this year.Heck a team like Carson(city section) has 17 transfers this year and all of them have to sit out 5 games

15 minutes ago, Ararar said:

EH, Cali is used to kids transferring.I think we set a state record with transfers this year.Heck a team like Carson(city section) has 17 transfers this year and all of them have to sit out 5 games

In a division like the city section where all get to go to the playoffs, if those kids are good then they may make a run at narbonne even if they lose their first five games 

45 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

In a division like the city section where all get to go to the playoffs, if those kids are good then they may make a run at narbonne even if they lose their first five games 

They picked up 6 players from Narbonne and a few from Serra also all-city DB Sultan Miola from banning.