The future of high school football

badrouter

If we had a moderator here, they'd ban the KingofTrolls account. Admittedly, he's mostly the same with all of his personas, but he's literally nothing more than a nasty, vulgar little boy harassing others here.  His presence is not only a detriment to the experience here, it is awful enough to run off the handful of us still visiting the site. He's nasty to just about everyone. It's not trolling; it's vulgar harassment. 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

If we had a moderator here, they'd ban the KingofTrolls account. Admittedly, he's mostly the same with all of his personas, but he's literally nothing more than a nasty, vulgar little boy harassing others here.  His presence is not only a detriment to the experience here, it is awful enough to run off the handful of us still visiting the site. He's nasty to just about everyone. It's not trolling; it's vulgar harassment. 

Hover over his name.

Click ignore.

Done.

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

But your okay with Ga96 posting my picture as his profile?

Fuck you bitch, if hawg wants to ban me then you will see what I'm capable of

4 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

It would be nice if everybody picked ONE login and stayed with it.

What a concept....

Rufus>>

It would be nice if a certain Mod didn’t nuke my old accounts for “verbally assaulting “ a certain inbred Cajun, I ain’t gonna put that poster on blast tho😌

• Haha 2

Just now, badrouter said:

You could always offer your own viewpoints, and try to explain where/why/how I'm wrong. 

First, you don't have any good arguments for why it should stop. So apparently you don't think it's actually a problem.

(I'm being facetious. I think you just like that Lakeland is trying to do it so you're OK with it for now.)

Second, I remember your anti-COVID hysteria where you made all kinds of dumb predictions that didn't come true. I basically don't believe your doomsday fairy tales.

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

First, you don't have any good arguments for why it should stop. So apparently you don't think it's actually a problem.

(I'm being facetious. I think you just like that Lakeland is trying to do it so you're OK with it for now.)

Second, I remember your anti-COVID hysteria where you made all kinds of dumb predictions that didn't come true. I basically don't believe your doomsday fairy tales.

Ban @Atticus Finch I’m offended 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

That's literally the only thing different now than his normal things but he still will act like STA is raiding and taking a Broward County all star team when Lakeland actually did raid the entire Polk County all star team 

He doesn't even understand the concept of what a Broward county all star team would look like, a true Broward County all star team probably running clocks IMG Academy

You can have a differing opinion without calling someone a bitch, calling yourself "king of trolls" and following certain people around harrassing them or whatever. 

How about trying to discuss. Share your opinion. If it differs from someone elses, a debate will surely ensue. No need for the ridiculous bullshit. 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You can have a differing opinion without calling someone a bitch, calling yourself "king of trolls" and following certain people around harrassing them or whatever. 

How about trying to discuss. Share your opinion. If it differs from someone elses, a debate will surely ensue. No need for the ridiculous bullshit. 

They do the same stuff as Rabid did.

Fuck'em...

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

I guess this will just have to be the hill in die on. I remember the days of having to check the newspaper for rankings and knowing or at least everyone having the belief that all teams nationwide were playing with homegrown kids. It used to feel like an actual goal/competition. Now it's just whoever has the most transfers or D1 players stocked up.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm not actually offering any sort of "doomsday" accounting of things. I'm agnostic as to whether these changes are good, bad or indifferent. I'm simply pointing out that they are happening and will continue, much like the NIL stuff was going to happen. Either we can come up with some decent rules and an organization of sorts, or people like shyster Joe will end up running things. Folks involved with college football administration are not happy with the current state of affairs, and it's because there was no leadership or foresight to make NIL manageable. That isn't a doomsday account of things: The coaches and ADs are in near unanimous agreement with it. 

(I've said before I'm not a fan of Lakeland getting guys from rival schools. But, that's the current state of affairs everywhere. I've also said before that I do not believe STA being private is an advantage for them any longer, though their being located in Broward county can be an advantage at times. In general, I'm not complaining at all about Lakeland's circumstances, contrary to what our resident sociopath says.)  

4 hours ago, badrouter said:

It seems clear to me that we are headed towards a landscape where there are relatively few mega powers, who openly recruit state and even nationwide, and often travel long distances to play other such powers. We're kind of there now, but, I see things becoming much more pronounced along these lines. Many schools will drop football all together, while others will cease competing against programs they used to play annually. It is certainly possible we will see schools in general getting out of competitive sports, being replaced by academies like IMG. The building of "Super" teams is unstoppable and inevitable, to whatever extent it isn't already happening.

I think it's important that some leaders with foresight become proactive in anticipation of this, and try to imagine a healthy set of dynamics where we end up in a place people are generally satisfied with, and the kids are able to find the right opportunities for themselves. Failure to do this will open the door (further) for self-serving shysters who don't always have the best interest of kids or the game in mind. You can see the disaster occurring at the collegiate level now as an example of how failing to anticipate changes that are obviously coming can lead to a set of circumstances where precious few people actually are happy with where we've ended up at.

What are the best ways to manage a landscape where there are a bunch of intentionally built all-star teams? Because we can't stop it from happening. And, I'm not even sure there are any good arguments in favor of trying to stop it. 

Time is change.  Change is the only consistent. Peace

• Like 1