Awesome read up on my Dillard panthers out of ft Lauderdale going into this season.

For those that are not familiar with my alma mater “DILLARD HIGH” we are a historically black high school out of ft Lauderdale Florida. Founded in 1907 as the first black high school in broward county during segregation. Back in the 80, 90, & early 2000’s Dillard was a state powerhouse in football.

but with private schools emerging in the area such as “STA,AHP & chaminade Madonna my panthers struggled to keep their players in house ; which unfortunately led to a few coaches changes throughout the next decade. 

my panthers went from a dominant respected force in football to a has been program that still had the fan base & the history , but not a lot of success. 

since 2017 though Dillard has posted 36-4 record, a (10-0) undefeated regular season in 2019, a Tri county champion in 2020 & a (10-1) record in 2022. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, DillardPanthers954 said:

We also share a district with the nationally ranked STA Aquinas raiders. 

last year in one of the biggest talked about matchups ever, Dillard traveled to STA in a standing room only matchup, but fell to the raiders 23-14 in a game many felt Dillard should have won. 

A insane 90 yard touchdown by our 4* wide receiver devaughn Mortimer to make the 14-16.

2 hours ago, DillardPanthers954 said:

last year in one of the biggest talked about matchups ever, Dillard traveled to STA in a standing room only matchup, but fell to the raiders 23-14 in a game many felt Dillard should have won. 

This is why I enjoy this board, love hearing about other programs and their rivalries.

Really enjoyed watching, keep posting and best of luck to your Panthers this season!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DillardPanthers954 said:

Short field position for STA due to special teams looked to be the X-factor. 

Seemed like a good game...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Short field position for STA due to special teams looked to be the X-factor. 

Seemed like a good game...

You hit the nail right on the head. STA scored 9 points off of special teams. early in the game they got a safety, & as you seen in the highlight clip with 2 min left in the game down 14-16 Dillard had a 4th and goal at STA 8 yard line & instead of going for it they elected to kick it & it was blocked & returned for a touchdown which gave STA their 24-14 victory. 

4 hours ago, DillardPanthers954 said:

You hit the nail right on the head. STA scored 9 points off of special teams. early in the game they got a safety, & as you seen in the highlight clip with 2 min left in the game down 14-16 Dillard had a 4th and goal at STA 8 yard line & instead of going for it they elected to kick it & it was blocked & returned for a touchdown which gave STA their 24-14 victory. 

Instead of going for it?   It was a chip shot to take the lead late in the game.  3 phases of the game.  STA has won and lost games via special teams (the good the bad and the ugly).  

GL to Dillard and hopefully two tilts vs STA in 2022.   

STA’s sos is lacking local and statewide.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  I assume you were the Dillard poster from last season.   Keep us updated on the local scene this season.  

How’s the funding for Dillard this season?  I’ll bowl to donate.  160 avg in my heyday.  😂   Let me know.  If you can round up some local HSFB fans to help out or even bring some Dillard coaches and players along we’d have some fun and laughs I’m sure.  

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Instead of going for it?   It was a chip shot to take the lead late in the game.  3 phases of the game.  STA has won and lost games via special teams (the good the bad and the ugly).  

STA’s sos is lacking local and statewide.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  I assume you were the Dillard poster from last season.   Keep us updated on the local scene this season.  

How’s the funding for Dillard this season?  I’ll bowl to donate.  160 avg in my heyday.  😂   Let me know.  If you can round up some local HSFB fans to help out or even bring some Dillard coaches and players along we’d have some fun and laughs I’m sure.  

Black high schools and "basic" special teams are extremely rare.  Ask New Orleans and inner-city Dallas areas.

But yeah...ya have to try in that situation.

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Actually this is my first account on this board. Apparently there was another Dillard poster on here, but it wasn’t me lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DillardPanthers954 said:

Actually this is my first account on this board. Apparently there was another Dillard poster on here, but it wasn’t me lol. 

That other Dillard poster may have even been way back at DJ's board to be honest. I thought he had posted on this one in the beginning too, but, if he did, he had his posts removed and his profile deleted by the admin. We have had some of that. 

Time flies. This site is already going into it's sixth year. 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

I knew this was the same Dillard guy from the FL board. Lol 

I don't browse the Florida board. The owner was a bit of a dick about DJ's board when we needed some help there and he had admin tools. I decided he wasn't much of a friend or supporter at that point. 

I support the hell out of folks that support us back. Everyone else... Not wasting much energy on. 

• Like 3