Tell us the miracles of vaccines again lol

FreeBird

7 minutes ago, On2whls said:

The truth is Covid death rates are down sharply worldwide even in countries and regions with far less vaccination.  Each successive major variant has proven far less deadly.  That’s a natural progression for Covid like viruses.  There’s no accurate way to assess how much is due to vaccines versus weakening of the virus.  
Here’s another truth.  Of the 1million people that died in the US, only 67,000 were under age 49, and of that group, 43,000 were 40-49.  Do You need further explanation as to why it impacted elderly folks the most?  Keep peeling back the layers on the under 49 group and you’ll find underlying issues were a major factor.  
After my daughters wedding in June, 40 of the 140 attendees ended up with Covid within a week period. A couple are still struggling a bit.  Because 130 of the 140 ware vaccinated and/or boosted, it’s not surprising all 40 who got it, were from that group. 
Wthin my direct family, my wife a vegetarian fitness nut (double boosted), third oldest daughter who just graduated college having played four years of soccer (double boosted), and son, avid rock climber/mountain biker/gym rat) vaccinated but not boosted all got it.  My three other daughters, all not vaccinated, and I, minimally, vaccinated did not.  Furthermore I was at home with my wife and daughter who got it for a week (due to stupid company Covid exposure rules).  I did not require them to wear a mask or go quarantine upstairs.  In fact, I hung out with both of them coughing and sneezing while watching the TV.  
While our experience may fly in the face of the narrative you’re clinging to, the explanation is simple.  The three in my family that got it, have normally responsive immune systems while the other four are in the highly responsive category.  That’s pretty much what it comes down to with Covid.  Whether you should be concerned, get vaccinated, etc all comes down to the strength of your immune system.  

That’s my biggest issue, my father always said if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, if I’m a pretty healthy dude with pretty good immune system, what the fuck is the point of 4/5 vaccine shots to boost my immune system if my  System is already running strong 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, On2whls said:

The truth is Covid death rates are down sharply worldwide even in countries and regions with far less vaccination.  Each successive major variant has proven far less deadly.  That’s a natural progression for Covid like viruses.  There’s no accurate way to assess how much is due to vaccines versus weakening of the virus.  
Here’s another truth.  Of the 1million people that died in the US, only 67,000 were under age 49, and of that group, 43,000 were 40-49.  Do You need further explanation as to why it impacted elderly folks the most?  Keep peeling back the layers on the under 49 group and you’ll find underlying issues were a major factor.  
After my daughters wedding in June, 40 of the 140 attendees ended up with Covid within a week period. A couple are still struggling a bit.  Because 130 of the 140 ware vaccinated and/or boosted, it’s not surprising all 40 who got it, were from that group. 
Wthin my direct family, my wife a vegetarian fitness nut (double boosted), third oldest daughter who just graduated college having played four years of soccer (double boosted), and son, avid rock climber/mountain biker/gym rat) vaccinated but not boosted all got it.  My three other daughters, all not vaccinated, and I, minimally, vaccinated did not.  Furthermore I was at home with my wife and daughter who got it for a week (due to stupid company Covid exposure rules).  I did not require them to wear a mask or go quarantine upstairs.  In fact, I hung out with both of them coughing and sneezing while watching the TV.  
While our experience may fly in the face of the narrative you’re clinging to, the explanation is simple.  The three in my family that got it, have normally responsive immune systems while the other four are in the highly responsive category.  That’s pretty much what it comes down to with Covid.  Whether you should be concerned, get vaccinated, etc all comes down to the strength of your immune system.  

I don't believe this is true..."Each successive major variant has proven far less deadly."...this latest variant is the most contagious so far and the death rate has increased with this new variant. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

I don't believe this is true..."Each successive major variant has proven far less deadly."...this latest variant is the most contagious so far and the death rate has increased with this new variant. 

The data has to be normalized.  If it is a lot more contagious , then the expectation is a higher number of infections and the death rate must be compared against the total infection rate for the strain.  The rate of unreported infections is an unknown. Unless you report to a medical center/ clinic, or your company self reports, then it will go uncounted.   With the increasingly significant number of at home test kits being used, then who can tell what the infection rate really is?   

On 8/2/2022 at 8:57 AM, DBP66 said:

for the clowns here who can't figure out the answer....the vaccine works because PEOPLE AREN'T DYING....🤡

Which is more likely due to the virus mutating to a much more infectious and less lethal strain.  But, that's what virus do.  They want to live, so, they find ways to get more infectious and that means they become less deadly.    The vax is safe and effective at increasing the profits of Pfizer and Moderna 

4 hours ago, DBP66 said:

More so in the vaccinated.   But, they don't report that pesky little detail.   Everyone I know that has been vaccinated has gotten covid and been "sick" for a few days.  Everyone I know that has not been vaccinated and recovered from previous covid that is re-infected has almost zero symptoms or very mild like sniffles or the cough.   This is also supported by the data.  I'm in the field and can see the data and talk with the clinicians. 

7 hours ago, MCJoeSpeed said:

More so in the vaccinated.   But, they don't report that pesky little detail.   Everyone I know that has been vaccinated has gotten covid and been "sick" for a few days.  Everyone I know that has not been vaccinated and recovered from previous covid that is re-infected has almost zero symptoms or very mild like sniffles or the cough.   This is also supported by the data.  I'm in the field and can see the data and talk with the clinicians. 

I've been vaccinated and didn't get it yet...I know that having been vaccinated doesn't mean I won't get it in the future, but I'm almost guaranteed not to die if I do get the virus and that works for me and most Americans....I'm more interested in not getting a virus that can have long term effects vs. giving into the fact that Big Pharma. is always out to make a profit...just like any other industry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

I'm more interested in not getting a virus that can have long term effects vs. giving into the fact that Big Pharma. is always out to make a profit...just like any other industry.

That’s why I don’t exercise and only eat cupcakes. Obesity is just a bullshit condition invented by the lettuce industry. Don’t give in to those fascist, salad commies. #hostess

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

Is that always the case?

Viruses, unlike bacteria, aren’t actually living things, so the “ drive”,  if you can call it that, to survive and proliferate is rooted in the genetic instruction.  It’s perfectly natural for the viral genome to mutate.  Covid-19 has a high mutagenicity as compared to similar respiratory viruses.  There’s a whole host of “liquefaction”  class viruses like Ebola that cause your organs to basically turn liquid.  The good thing is the victims die so quickly, it’s hard for the virus to continue proliferating.  Let’s hope no  power hungry entity successfully incorporates a “sleeper” function into that class of viruses that allows it to be infectious for a couple of weeks, before wreaking havoc. 
This is why “gain of function” is something that no country should ever engage in or support.  You can’t predict how modification of a viral genome  will eventually pan out.  
Think about this. Internationally, I think every nation understands the potential  devastative impact of nukes.  It’s much easier to hide behind bacteriological or viral manipulation. Nuclear physics, albeit complex and understood by very few is an exact science.  Manipulation of microbial moieties, not so much.

12 hours ago, On2whls said:

This is why “gain of function” is something that no country should ever engage in or support.

But Dr. Fowchee said we didn't do that?  it's from a fish bat or something else in a market.  The fact that the gain of function work was happening in that city was purely coincidental 

Vaccines should be and should always have been optional. That’s how you keep peoples trust. You lay out the facts and then let the people decide. If they don’t believe you, or are skeptical, then that’s their God given right. 

But to lie, force, threaten, coerce people into injecting themselves with a trial experiment is downright satanic 

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2022 at 10:56 PM, On2whls said:

Viruses, unlike bacteria, aren’t actually living things, so the “ drive”,  if you can call it that, to survive and proliferate is rooted in the genetic instruction.  It’s perfectly natural for the viral genome to mutate.  Covid-19 has a high mutagenicity as compared to similar respiratory viruses.  There’s a whole host of “liquefaction”  class viruses like Ebola that cause your organs to basically turn liquid.  The good thing is the victims die so quickly, it’s hard for the virus to continue proliferating.  Let’s hope no  power hungry entity successfully incorporates a “sleeper” function into that class of viruses that allows it to be infectious for a couple of weeks, before wreaking havoc. 
This is why “gain of function” is something that no country should ever engage in or support.  You can’t predict how modification of a viral genome  will eventually pan out.  
Think about this. Internationally, I think every nation understands the potential  devastative impact of nukes.  It’s much easier to hide behind bacteriological or viral manipulation. Nuclear physics, albeit complex and understood by very few is an exact science.  Manipulation of microbial moieties, not so much.

Covid is like 4 Lokos, you can still get it but it’ll never be like the original ones