GHSA votes to eliminate Class 7A

Football Fan12

Yeah they already voted on that. Its for travel expenses and supposed to make the state even tougher competition wise. Unfortunately it does nothing to stop the recruited up all star teams.

I wouldn't mind going back to 5 and turning it into a blood bath like it use to be.

Going back to 6 classes... 

Oh Boy... 

Means Camden wont be in Region 1 anymore:

Region 1: 

Lowndes 

Tift 

Colquitt

Lee 

Valdosta

Thomasville Central 

Northside WR 

Veterans 

Houston 

Region 2: 

Camden 

Bradwell Institute 

Brunswick 

Glynn Academy 

Richmond Hills 

Effingham 

South Effingham 

Ware  

Coffee

41 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Oh Boy... 

Region 1: 

Lowndes 

Tift 

Colquitt

Lee 

Valdosta

Thomasville Central 

Northside WR 

Veterans 

Houston 

Region 2: 

Camden 

Bradwell Institute 

Brunswick 

Glynn Academy 

Richmond Hills 

Effingham 

South Effingham 

Ware  

Coffee

Starting when?

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Oh Boy... 

Region 1: 

Lowndes 

Tift 

Colquitt

Lee 

Valdosta

Thomasville Central 

Northside WR 

Veterans 

Houston 

Region 2: 

Camden 

Bradwell Institute 

Brunswick 

Glynn Academy 

Richmond Hills 

Effingham 

South Effingham 

Ware  

Coffee

Region 1: 

Lowndes/Colquitt 1st/2nd

Lee 3rd 

Valdosta/Tift/Northside WR 4th... 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Georgia needs to consolidate classes. They have too many for the amount of football teams. Florida is the same way. Tons of states are. 

5 classes would be the ideal number realistically for GA based on there being less than 500 teams. 

Florida IMO shouldnt have more than 6/7.... 

Thats just my opinion... 

I agree about GA 5/6... 

Alabama like @HooverOutlaw said has way too many for the population they have.... no way should Alabama have 7 classes. 

Ill be honest Alabama could probably make it with 4/5 

I wish California used a less complex system

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Florida IMO shouldnt have more than 6/7.... 

Thats just my opinion... 

I agree about GA 5/6... 

Alabama like @HooverOutlaw said has way too many for the population they have.... no way should Alabama have 7 classes. 

Ill be honest Alabama could probably make it with 4/5 

I wish California used a less complex system

If everyone had anywhere between 90-110 teams per class on average that would be ideal. That’s what it should be. 

No reason for any decent-sized state to have fewer than 100 schools per class. This is my most strongly held opinion on any issue in the world.

Maryland had six classes for football last year as a "temporary" measure so that no one would be knocked out of the playoffs due to COVID cancellations, and of course it's now become permanent. There are like 30 schools per class. That's a region championship not a state championship. MA with eight classes for 275 teams is not much better.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MA Fan said:

No reason for any decent-sized state to have fewer than 100 schools per class. This is my most strongly held opinion on any issue in the world.

Maryland had six classes for football last year as a "temporary" measure so that no one would be knocked out of the playoffs due to COVID cancellations, and of course it's now become permanent. There are like 30 schools per class. That's a region championship not a state championship. MA with eight classes for 275 teams is not much better.

Maryland really screwing themselves on that one... 

And 8 classes in MA? Why?

3 hours ago, MA Fan said:

Wait???  MA has 8???

Honestly, I'm not quite against the GHSA's decision here. Sure, it reduces costs and all that, but it also compacts the state in terms of football. Almost seems like the lower classifications are being stretched too thin at this point with more and more teams leaving the GHSA. Just like these next two years, I'm excited to see how these changes bring about new results.

On an aside, I know this is my first post in a long time. I've just been caught up in the whirlwind of college and my high school football Instagram account (@gahsfootball), which was inspired by the talk here on these boards. I'll try and come back here more often, and I lowkey miss the discussions I had here!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Honestly, I'm not quite against the GHSA's decision here. Sure, it reduces costs and all that, but it also compacts the state in terms of football. Almost seems like the lower classifications are being stretched too thin at this point with more and more teams leaving the GHSA. Just like these next two years, I'm excited to see how these changes bring about new results.

On an aside, I know this is my first post in a long time. I've just been caught up in the whirlwind of college and my high school football Instagram account (@gahsfootball), which was inspired by the talk here on these boards. I'll try and come back here more often, and I lowkey miss the discussions I had here!

Some good work you've been doing and that Lowndes article was exactly what lowndes fans needed to read.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ga96 said:

Some good work you've been doing and that Lowndes article was exactly what lowndes fans needed to read.

Thank you! I know it was a tough pill for the Viking faithful to swallow, but it's the truth: Lowndes lost their defensive identity. That historically has been their rallying cry, and it completely unraveled last season. Glad to see that people here read my articles!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Thank you! I know it was a tough pill for the Viking faithful to swallow, but it's the truth: Lowndes lost their defensive identity. That historically has been their rallying cry, and it completely unraveled last season. Glad to see that people here read my articles!!

No problem. Its was the truth a lot of lowndes fans read it. They even read it on the Lowndes viking nation facebook show. Good thing we got rid of them DC but got a lot of work to do before we got that defensive style and toughness back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

No problem. Its was the truth a lot of lowndes fans read it. They even read it on the Lowndes viking nation facebook show. Good thing we got rid of them DC but got a lot of work to do before we got that defensive style and toughness back.

Going to have to hope Grage sets a solid tone from the start. He needs to emphasize the defensive aspect of the game, and he somewhat had success with that at Thomasville. Only issue now is the 5-classification jump.

• Like 1