No other 3A school In the country has this strength of schedule

Ga96

Cedar Grove is one of the very rare GA public teams that manage to go travel and play top OOS competition. They aren’t in an affluent area and have no big boosters funding the trips. They just have a staff that wants to do it and makes it happen.

So when you hear excuses just remember the teams that don’t do it, don’t want to do it. And that’s ok. 

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Cedar Grove is one of the very rare GA public teams that manage to go travel and play top OOS competition. They aren’t in an affluent area and have no big boosters funding the trips. They just have a staff that wants to do it and makes it happen.

So when you hear excuses just remember the teams that don’t do it, don’t want to do it. And that’s ok. 

Until that school is in mad debt...then it will be crickets...until it is turned into a Charter School.

CG is getting money from SOMEWHERE to be doing this... hopefully.

5 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Until that school is in mad debt...then it will be crickets...until it is turned into a Charter School.

They are getting in from the host school. Most of it anyways. And they probably travel light. Not with the freshman 3rd string center. Hes gotta wait 

• Like 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Some teams go on canoeing and water park adventures. Some travel to DC to get mud stomped. 

Tomato, tomahto. 🍅 

That’s true. The mud stompings that Cedar Grove, Lowndes, and Colquitt get will look identical. You won’t know which ass whopping came from DC, and which came from the canoe. The pain is all the same 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I will say that Cedar Grove came to Moultrie last season, and they may have brought 30 kids total. Their listed roster was small as well. 

I remember thinking if one or two of them got hirt, they were in trouble. 

Had the packass bear before their QB got hurt. With that population somehow they find a way to keep them at 3A with 6A and 7A schools surrounding them. 

7 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Had the packass bear before their QB got hurt. With that population somehow they find a way to keep them at 3A with 6A and 7A schools surrounding them. 

Super small roster, every kid was huge. They seemed slowish, but, their lines were so big that they were gonna get theirs. Tough to bring down a kid that stands a foot over you and 50 lbs heavier. 

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Cedar Grove is a public school. They don't have the funding of the privates. What they do have is faithful, devoted, giving fans.

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I will say that Cedar Grove came to Moultrie last season, and they may have brought 30 kids total. Their listed roster was small as well. 

I remember thinking if one or two of them got hirt, they were in trouble. 

I wonder if all of them played?  Some of the big roster schools have kids that stick around and never get into a game.  My wife has a nephew on a TL team.  The kids dad is gung ho but doesn’t realize his kid is just a tackling dummy in practice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

I wonder if all of them played?  Some of the big roster schools have kids that stick around and never get into a game.  My wife has a nephew on a TL team.  The kids dad is gung ho but doesn’t realize his kid is just a tackling dummy in practice.

No, I don't think they all played. 

Colquitt is much like that, with a lot of extra kids that will never play a meaningful down. However, those kids are still Packers, they practice, they lift, they experience the crowd, comraderie, the pain of defeats and the joy of wins. 

For some kids, that's the pinnacle of their high school experience, or, maybe life in general. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No, I don't think they all played. 

Colquitt is much like that, with a lot of extra kids that will never play a meaningful down. However, those kids are still Packers, they practice, they lift, they experience the crowd, comraderie, the pain of defeats and the joy of wins. 

For some kids, that's the pinnacle of their high school experience, or, maybe life in general. 

You are so, so correct.

Being a Packer...is a family thing.  Well...for some...an EXTENDED family thing but still...a family thing.  Quite a lot of our kids play just to be part of that FAMILY.  That is one of the reasons...when Colquitt travels....everybody that is on the Varsity...travels.  Everybody who sheds the blood, sweat and tears.  THAT...is my kind of team.

I'm not saying everybody has to do what Colquitt does.  That's simply not true.  But it works for us.  Which is why I wanna tell every single Peach County resident within my fingertips reach....

THE HAWGS ARE COMING !!!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

You are so, so correct.

Being a Packer...is a family thing.  Well...for some...an EXTENDED family thing but still...a family thing.  Quite a lot of our kids play just to be part of that FAMILY.  That is one of the reasons...when Colquitt travels....everybody that is on the Varsity...travels.  Everybody who sheds the blood, sweat and tears.  THAT...is my kind of team.

I'm not saying everybody has to do what Colquitt does.  That's simply not true.  But it works for us.  Which is why I wanna tell every single Peach County resident within my fingertips reach....

THE HAWGS ARE COMING !!!!!!!

Rufus>>

9E9B48E5-BEEB-4E25-9175-08E3B3EC2676.gif

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Does Colquitt cut players from varsity after tryouts or does everyone make the team as long as they pay their dues? 

If by paying dues...you mean giving 100% at practice everyday...Colquitt does not cut players.  Most all of 10th, 11th and 12th graders do exactly that and make Varsity.  Some of them play JV and occasionally they play a tad on Friday night...depending on the score of a game.

There are instances where a 9th grader is good enough to make Varsity.  Not that often...but it does happen.

Rufus>>