“Top 15” in south Florida going into 2022 season

DillardPanthers954

We’re 2 weeks away from kick off of the 2022 season, we have a lot of great teams, great matchups & a few dark horses. 

so if I had to rank the top 15, this is how it would look. 

#1. MIAMI central 

#2. chaminade Madonna 

#3. St THOMAS 

#4. Miami northwestern 

#5. Dillard 

#6 homestead 

# 7American heritage 

#8 western 

#9 cardinal gibbons 

#10 Gulliver prep 

#11 plantation 

#12 avant- grande 

#13 killian 

#14 Columbus 

#15 MIAMI Norland 

10 minutes ago, DillardPanthers954 said:

Now granted anything can change once the season kick off, but by season end it will be good to see whose rankings were most accurate. So feel free to post your top 15 south Florida rankings below 

Well...AHP has to play the MIGHTY Lowndes Vikings....in the Concrete Spittoon.

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, DillardPanthers954 said:

Lowndes is usually a power house , how are they looking this year ? One thing I’ve always heard is their fan base is huge so their home games are awesome. 

If there's any year to beat them, it's this year. They graduated a lot of offensive production and may struggle in quarterback play. Defense still needs to gel with a new coaching staff but will definitely be stronger than the offense. I've got AHP winning.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DillardPanthers954 said:

Lowndes is usually a power house , how are they looking this year ? One thing I’ve always heard is their fan base is huge so their home games are awesome. 

We look horrible. No Lowndes football being played this year. Yeah they atmosphere will be electric and the fanbase will support the team even if we got 0-10 on the season.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 12:54 AM, WILKINSON said:

So after Week 1, who's yalls Top 10?

Miami Central, St. Thomas Aquinas, Chaminade-Madonna, American Heritage, Cardinal Gibbons, Miami Northwestern stick out to me. 

Maybe Dillard, Booker T. Washington, Columbus, Western?

hard to judge Western and Dillard due to their opponents but both passed the eye test IMO.    Didn't see any Dade teams other than Central and some MNW highlights.  Is BTW making a comeback?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 954gator said:

hard to judge Western and Dillard due to their opponents but both passed the eye test IMO.    Didn't see any Dade teams other than Central and some MNW highlights.  Is BTW making a comeback?

For Dillard I believe that we’re top 10 in Florida & the state. 

With our opponent in the broward county vs USA showcase, either they were that bad or Dillard was that good. The eagles came in as MARYLAND 5th best team. But moving forward Dillard has many chances to show how great they really are. 

so After week 1 if I had to post my south Florida top 10 it would be. 

#1 MIAMI Central 

#2 Chaminade Madonna 

#3 American Heritage 

#4 MIAMI Northwestern 

#5 St Thomas Aquinas 

#6 Dillard 

#7 Columbus (1-0)

#8 Homestead 

#9 Western 

#10 Cardinal gibbons. 

i put gibbons at 10 because right now they don’t look all that impressive. After a big graduation class & a few transfers that transfer out they look a shell of their past championship teams.

3 weeks ago they lost a referee scrimmage to a below Avg Blanche ely team (8-7)

the very next week they didn’t put anybody points against chaminade Madonna 

& last week they won (11-6) vs a dematha team that’s nowhere near what they use to be. But it’s a long season and a lot can change. But for right now, this is where I’m at top 10 wise. 

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

You keep saying this but Massey has them 8th and calpreps has them 14th.

Don't know where you're coming up with this stuff but that team was terrible and you're going to be slapped back to reality soon enough.

That’s what they’re ranked now. Those wasn’t the numbers b4 the game. 

but again these are my opinion rankings. You have all the free range to disagree ; and as for your “Dillard will be coming back down to earth comment” rather we win lose or draw this upcoming week or at any other point this season, I’m still going to support & post about them. Your personal feelings about disdain about dillard won’t change that.

Have a great Monday & enjoy the rest of your week. 

7 minutes ago, DillardPanthers954 said:

and as for your “Dillard will be coming back down to earth comment” rather we win lose or draw this upcoming week or at any other point this season, I’m still going to support & post about them. 

Nobody is disputing your undying support.

What I'm disputing is your grasp of reality. Dillard has struggled with every remotely good team for years.