The Official "Byrds" Tribute Thread

RedZone

They just don't make sound like this anymore......today is nothing but computerized, not my voice, not my face, glitter/glam bullshit.

...a bunch of no meaning useless sound for the most part coming out of the radio....of course, unless you listen to the classic stations or oldies station.

22 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Probably my 2nd favorite group of all time!

Starting off with the Classic tune from the Classic movie Easy Rider.......one of my favorite movies of all time. If you've never seen the movie, see it.

How cool was a young Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider? lol

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

They just don't make sound like this anymore......today is nothing but computerized, not my voice, not my face, glitter/glam bullshit.

...a bunch of no meaning useless sound for the most part coming out of the radio....of course, unless you listen to the classic stations or oldies station.

The Byrds are pretty cool but why reference a weak cover to a Bob Dylan masterpiece.

42 minutes ago, On2whls said:

The Byrds are pretty cool but why reference a weak cover to a Bob Dylan masterpiece.

The Byrds cut 2 "The Byrds Play Dylan" albums.

The Top 5 Dylan Covers by The Byrds
  • 1. “ Mr. Tambourine Man”
  • 2. “ Chimes of Freedom”
  • 3. “ My Back Pages”
  • 4. “ You Ain't Going Nowhere”
  • 5. “ The Times They Are A-Changin'”

27 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The Byrds cut 2 "The Byrds Play Dylan" albums.

The Top 5 Dylan Covers by The Byrds
  • 1. “ Mr. Tambourine Man”
  • 2. “ Chimes of Freedom”
  • 3. “ My Back Pages”
  • 4. “ You Ain't Going Nowhere”
  • 5. “ The Times They Are A-Changin'”

Another Dylan cover......

16 hours ago, RedZone said:

How cool was a young Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider? lol

Why was Easy Rider so popular?

Image result for top movies of all time easy rider

Easy Rider captured the hearts of a generation because it was about them. It tapped into the raw, the nitty-gritty and the rebellion. And most of all, it tapped into a culture and a passion for living on the outskirts of the establishment—to be free and unbound.

10 hours ago, RedZone said:

Why was Easy Rider so popular?

Image result for top movies of all time easy rider

Easy Rider captured the hearts of a generation because it was about them. It tapped into the raw, the nitty-gritty and the rebellion. And most of all, it tapped into a culture and a passion for living on the outskirts of the establishment—to be free and unbound.

The drug trip scene at the cemetery was about as B movie as it gets.  Just plain bad filming and acting.  It didn’t ruin the movie for me, but that part….hard to watch.

6 hours ago, On2whls said:

The drug trip scene at the cemetery was about as B movie as it gets.  Just plain bad filming and acting.  It didn’t ruin the movie for me, but that part….hard to watch.

Unlike his dad or sister,  Peter was always a "B" grade actor that starred in "B" grade films. The critics liked Ulee's Gold. I thought it was a dud despite much of it filmed in Florida. Florida ain't Hollywood East. Can't name a good flick ever shot here.   

6 hours ago, On2whls said:

was about as B movie as it gets

I really don't get you....it was a freakin B-Movie.

Easy Rider was "B-Movie Gold" though.

The movie was made for around $375,000 and grossed $60 million worldwide.

"It was the fourth highest-grossing film of 1969, with a worldwide gross of $60 million, including $41.7 million domestically in the U.S. and Canada."

19 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I really don't get you....it was a freakin B-Movie.

Easy Rider was "B-Movie Gold" though.

The movie was made for around $375,000 and grossed $60 million worldwide.

"It was the fourth highest-grossing film of 1969, with a worldwide gross of $60 million, including $41.7 million domestically in the U.S. and Canada."

I liked the movie. The LSD scene was pretty much how tripping was portrayed in movies at that time. Very low tech with a moral and scare tactic that you may have a "Bad Trip" if you decide to drop (take) acid. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

I liked the movie. The LSD scene was pretty much how tripping was portrayed in movies at that time. Very low tech with a moral and scare tactic that you may have a "Bad Trip" if you decide to drop (take) acid. 

I don't think anyone back in 1969 knew how to film a proper tripping scene exactly...lol

Pretty sure whatever anyone  came up with would have looked pretty rough and been critiqued.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I don't think anyone back in 1969 knew how to film a proper tripping scene exactly...lol

Pretty sure whatever anyone  came up with would have looked pretty rough and been critiqued.

I think you probably have to be tripping to film a perfect tripping scene. 😂

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Yeah, typical for the times were kaleidoscopes, strobe lights, spinning pinwheels, color trails. movie cameras in and out of focus, spacey musical sounds, and the like. They were pretty cheesy even back then considering their budgetary restraints.  :)