What would you do?

Nolebull813

My best friend of 25 plus years is finally getting married in November. His brother is the best man. My middle son’s 13U Pop Warner schedule came out and there’s 8 regular season games, 2 playoff games and a championship. The championship game falls on the wedding day. If my son’s team makes it to the championship game, I would have to miss one of them. Which one would you choose?

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

My best friend of 25 plus years is finally getting married in November. His brother is the best man. My middle son’s 13U Pop Warner schedule came out and there’s 8 regular season games, 2 playoff games and a championship. The championship game falls on the wedding day. If my son’s team makes it to the championship game, I would have to miss one of them. Which one would you 

At 13, he may be able to understand the concept of time. Explain the difference between one (1) and many more. Explain opportunity and it's definition as related to both sides of the issue.

YOU will have peace of mind.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

You hate Florida, don't you? You down any Florida football on the regular. I thought you were a fan of the Sunburn state. 

It’s a joke clown. I root for all FL teams against OOS teams at all levels. I’m from Tampa so I like to watch good football around the Tampa area. When STA came up to play Jesuit I went to the game and was rooting for Jesuit. In college I’m a die hard Seminoles fan but if Florida and Miami are playing OOS colleges I would go for them. 

And the only thing I “down” is garbage FL teams signing up to play top national teams only to embarrass their kids. If you played football at any level then you will remember any ass stomping you took. Sometimes more than the wins. Those ass stompings will stay with those kids for the rest of their lives. They won’t remember some tourist attraction they went to. They will remember the 40 point loss their coach forced on them. 

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It’s a joke clown. I root for all FL teams against OOS teams at all levels. I’m from Tampa so I like to watch good football around the Tampa area. When STA came up to play Jesuit I went to the game and was rooting for Jesuit. In college I’m a die hard Seminoles fan but if Florida and Miami are playing OOS colleges I would go for them. 

And the only thing I “down” is garbage FL teams signing up to play top national teams only to embarrass their kids. If you played football at any level then you will remember any ass stomping you took. Sometimes more than the wins. Those ass stompings will stay with those kids for the rest of their lives. They won’t remember some tourist attraction they went to. They will remember the 40 point loss their coach forced on them. 

The son of a guy I played HS ball with is the starting QB for a Tampa area team. Steinberger or something like that, Are they any good?  Pops thinks his boy is the next Trevor Lawrence. He looks more like a DE to me. lol he is a big boy

4 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

The son of a guy I played HS ball with is the starting QB for a Tampa area team. Steinberger or something like that, Are they any good?  Pops thinks his boy is the next Trevor Lawrence. He looks more like a DE to me. lol he is a big boy

Steinbrenner. Named after George Steinbrenner. They had a few good years. Went to the state semi finals a couple years back. They wouldn’t sniff a national top 500. 

They are a typical football team with maybe one or two guys that makes the next level. Most of the kids are just HS good. It’s in the suburbs where kids are slow, white and polite. Lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Steinbrenner. Named after George Steinbrenner. They had a few good years. Went to the state semi finals a couple years back. They wouldn’t sniff a national top 500. 

They are a typical football team with maybe one or two guys that makes the next level. Most of the kids are just HS good. It’s in the suburbs where kids are slow, white and polite. Lol 

haha Dad was definitely slow and white but not so polite. A bit of a meathead.😆. Retired Harford County SWAT then moved to Tampa. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Just checked. They finished 1,860 nationally last year and 121st in FL. 

just your average team. Knowing how FL teams work, they will be playing Mater Dei or SFA any day now. Lol

oh gawd please no.. If they there were to play any of those teams pops would be blowing up the FB feed non stop with my boy this and my boy that..well until the game was played. 🤣

3 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

oh gawd please no.. If they there were to play any of those teams pops would be blowing up the FB feed non stop with my boy this and my boy that..well until the game was played. 🤣

That reminds me of this parent on my sons 13U team. His son is big and not fast and he told the coach his son is a running back and linebacker. They had him lining up at guard which is what he looks like. There are plenty of bigger and faster kids for LB and RB. 

His dad was not too happy and was complaining to me. The first drill they had 2 kids going one on one in a circle. It’s kinda like a lineman drill where you grab each other and try and pancake the other to the ground. His son went up against this tiny wide receiver and the receiver threw his ass to the ground. 😂 I looked at the dad like “I don’t know” Lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

You appear to be the clown. The kids will get over it just as I or any other athlete did. You are a hater.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat Will said:

But you do. In your efforts to down Georgia, you  down Florida.........on a regular basis.

You're stupid.

I offer an opinion about games. If it doesn’t pass the smell test I can’t pretend it’s gonna be good. 

Fact is there are plenty of clown coaches in FL ready to throw their team to the wolves and embarrass them for a few bucks and buildings to sight see. There are equal amount of punk GA coaches happily obliging them like some bad parent. 

it’s a shitty set up and the fans suffer most 

• Like 1