Southern section week 0 thread

HurricaneNick

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

california has a population of 40 million and nicky is bragging about being Top 5. 

18235491.gif

Only retards use the population argument. Yep, checks out. California has 12 million more people than Texas but Texas has 60,000+  more high school football players. Anything for that? You’re dumb, it’s ok. Some think you have Asperger’s, could be. Chip gets shit on again. Doesn’t it get old being the punching bag? Lol. People live in California for many reasons unrelated to football. Not sure why anyone would live in the dump you live in. Guess you have no choice. 

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

California has 12 million more people than Texas but Texas has 60,000+  more high school football players

It’s got to be closer to 90k now. CA was under 85k last year and Texas was around 165k a couple years ago. And it’s the only state where participation increased.

Going off memory correct me if I’m wrong.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

They aren't even 11th in their own division. You're mad because a computer didn't know that every returning starter transferred out. 

Yeah, almost all of them did. Oscar Madrigal and "Tuna" Tuitipou stayed loyal to Servite, and to their teammates and I salute them for that.

Not so for WR/DB Mosely and OLB Burnett (to Santa Margarita), or OL/DL Vaka Hansen (to Los Al). And we lost OL starter Matthew Toilolo who moved to Utah (Orem HS). And others who were in line to be starters deserted the Friars too. RB/LB Hoi Hansen and TE/LB Jayven Simbe (to Los Al), QB Andrew Maushardt (to St. Paul), and DL Tusitala Ili (to Orange Lutheran).

And, unfortunately, we lost starting OL Jackson Buresh who transferred to Heaven over the summer.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Yeah, almost all of them did. Oscar Madrigal and "Tuna" Tuitipou stayed loyal to Servite, and to their teammates and I salute them for that.

Not so for WR/DB Mosely and OLB Burnett (to Santa Margarita), or OL/DL Vaka Hansen (to Los Al). And we lost starter Matthew Toilolo who moved to Utah (Orem HS). And others who were in line to be starters deserted the Friars too. RB/LB Hoi Hansen and TE/LB Jayven Simbe (to Los Al), QB Andrew Maushardt (to St. Paul), and DL Tusitala Ili (to Orange Lutheran).

And, unfortunately, we lost starting OL Jackson Buresh who transferred to Heaven over the summer.

Unfortunately that's probably the way the game is gonna look for lots of teams going forward. Tough summer for sure... RIP Jackson ❤️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Not so for WR/DB Mosely and OLB Burnett (to Santa Margarita), or OL/DL Vaka Hansen (to Los Al). And we lost OL starter Matthew Toilolo who moved to Utah (Orem HS). And others who were in line to be starters deserted the Friars too. RB/LB Hoi Hansen and TE/LB Jayven Simbe (to Los Al), QB Andrew Maushardt (to St. Paul), and DL Tusitala Ili (to Orange Lutheran).

Man, That’s Scary how many good players left the program…. That is more then what left the first time TT was out as Servite’s coach….

This is not a good look at all for Servite or TT…. This is going to be Crespi all over again…. TT was 18-35 at Crespi, take away his 1 good year of 9-2 with his first or second team and that is a 9-33 record!…

Something has gone terribly wrong at Servite after last year when they were finally knocking on the door…. Is it the Coach or is it the School???….

• Sad 1

On 8/20/2022 at 1:08 AM, HurricaneNick said:

Lots of work to do. We’ll be in Vegas for best of the west battle. Defense looked great. Just didn’t show much tonight & made mistakes. Glad it’s week 0 & we have the luxury of complaining about a 42-0 win.

Lots of work on offense indeed, but not surprising with WR1, WR2 and RB1 all graduated.  D looks solid and should give BG fits.  And I love Ajon and Nate, but let Jordon loose and get in a rhythm.  Grind BG into the ground.

14 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Lots of work on offense indeed, but not surprising with WR1, WR2 and RB1 all graduated.  D looks solid and should give BG fits.  And I love Ajon and Nate, but let Jordon loose and get in a rhythm.  Grind BG into the ground.

My game 1 offensive take - Jordon runs with bad intentions, his legs are massive. Nate’s got legit speed. Marcus Harris is scary good. Jack is who we knew he was. Elijah missed a few times, uncharacteristically. The line is next level good. Holy smokes those guys can block (obvious, I know). 

54 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

My game 1 offensive take - Jordon runs with bad intentions, his legs are massive. Nate’s got legit speed. Marcus Harris is scary good. Jack is who we knew he was. Elijah missed a few times, uncharacteristically. The line is next level good. Holy smokes those guys can block (obvious, I know). 

For this season more than any I can think of recently, playing the games for MD is just a formality.  The competition is overall down while MD will be improved. The Bishop looks to be improved a bit from last year, but they’ve got an ocean to cross, not a river, to catch up with MD. Cen10 will be about the same offensively as last season and the D is weaker front and back.  That leaves only Bosco to worry about and I see the NIL thing absolutely blowing up on them.   It’s really too bad that we won’t get to see MD have to play up to their potential.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, On2whls said:

For this season more than any I can think of recently, playing the games for MD is just a formality.  The competition is overall down while MD will be improved. The Bishop looks to be improved a bit from last year, but they’ve got an ocean to cross, not a river, to catch up with MD. Cen10 will be about the same offensively as last season and the D is weaker front and back.  That leaves only Bosco to worry about and I see the NIL thing absolutely blowing up on them.   It’s really too bad that we won’t get to see MD have to play up to their potential.  

I came across this pic the other day. Gotta be at least 15 yards from tackle to tackle? 😂 

3A92B405-5DD3-49E5-95A3-0324EAC350BB.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I came across this pic the other day. Gotta be at least 15 yards from tackle to tackle? 😂 

3A92B405-5DD3-49E5-95A3-0324EAC350BB.jpeg

Teams have caught on and figured out how to defend that.  Plus, Cen10 isn’t built that way these days.  There certainly hasn’t been any back close to the explosiveness of JJ Taylor to leverage those gaps either.  Neither of the QB’s have been able to make those long throws consistently enough to the flat or hit the crossing routes over the middle with accuracy. I was hoping to see some of that against Santiago but it’s clear Logan is keeping it simpler with what he has now.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, On2whls said:

I hope you’re right, of course, but we could find a way to lose this game. Haven’t been able to say that for a while.  We shall see. 

On 8/20/2022 at 12:13 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Only retards use the population argument. Yep, checks out. California has 12 million more people than Texas but Texas has 60,000+  more high school football players. Anything for that? You’re dumb, it’s ok. Some think you have Asperger’s, could be. Chip gets shit on again. Doesn’t it get old being the punching bag? Lol. People live in California for many reasons unrelated to football. Not sure why anyone would live in the dump you live in. Guess you have no choice. 

It won't be 12 million for long if y'all keep "sending" them this way. 😝

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

It won't be 12 million for long if y'all keep "sending" them this way. 😝

FYI, there’s a group of ex VP’s and CEO’s of med device companies working with Texas and Arizona to relocate a group of med device companies from San Diego and Orange County.  Whichever state wins out, it will be a major coup.  Several high paying jobs.   The CA congressional reps are aware of this but I have been told are taking a casual “see ya” attitude.  The proposals for land and community development are very enticing.  TX and AZ get it.  CA deserves to lose them if it comes to that.

• Like 3