DC/MD/VA Scores

MA Fan

14 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Might not be a close game…Gonzaga got blown out by Spaulding today…and they’ve beaten nobody good…I think the WCAC is a three-team race…DEMATHA, GC and SJC…all are good but not sure any of them are great.

Spelling aside, one of my fav lines in cinema.  Caddyshack.  “you’ll get nothing and like it!” Also the caddies and friends bet on him eating a booger.  “Smails kid”  😂.   

What was your take on DeMatha-CG, if you watched the game.  Thx.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Spelling aside, one of my fav lines in cinema.  Caddyshack.  “you’ll get nothing and like it!” Also the caddies and friends bet on him eating a booger.  “Smails kid”  😂.   

Two things popped into my head…1) Thank you very little and 2) Nobody likes a tattletale, addict…except me. 
Did not see it but seemed like good defensive battle…and not much offense either way.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My Favorite line from Caddyshack that often gets overlooked was…..Smails  kid saying….” It’s really good weed I got it from a neeeegro” 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

Was a really great game.   Neither team could muster much offense vs the other and the game could have went either way.    Ultimately the Gibbons QB dug deep and pulled off a huge run late 4th limping to the endzone.    It was 6-5 Dematha before that big run with like 3 min left in the 4th.     

Not sure if you can see these HLs but I'll link it anyway.  The run is at the end.  

https://www.flofootball.com/video/7955738-highlights-dematha-catholic-vs-cardinal-gibbons-2022-prep-gridiron-football

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Two things popped into my head…1) Thank you very little and 2) Nobody likes a tattletale, addict…except me. 
Did not see it but seemed like good defensive battle…and not much offense either way.

Nice reference mentions.  If I’m not mistaken, the course they used for the filming was in SoFL (Broward County).  

Also, for the golf aficionados, Something about Mary movie golf scene was from Hallandale FL (also Broward County).  I hit balls at that range many years ago.  Weighted balls into a pond.  No distance.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Was a really great game.   Neither team could muster much offense vs the other and the game could have went either way.    Ultimately the Gibbons QB dug deep and pulled off a huge run late 4th limping to the endzone.    It was 6-5 Dematha before that big run with like 3 min left in the 4th.     

Not sure if you can see these HLs but I'll link it anyway.  The run is at the end.  

https://www.flofootball.com/video/7955738-highlights-dematha-catholic-vs-cardinal-gibbons-2022-prep-gridiron-football

Thx bud.  Hadn’t paid attention to the game, other than the final score.  

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Great documentary I watched about the making of caddie shack most of the actors were so young they just partying their ass off Ted knight  hated everyone And everyone hated him. Also another documentary about animal house which was also great

Had a MTM flashback.   He was so funny.  The staff abused him, especially Captn Steubing 😂 (spelling?)

The show he had as a comic writer with two pretty daughters was not bad.   The blonde kept my hand eye coordination solid.  Follow the bouncing… :) 
My Dad had many favs :)   But two flagrant obsessions on the tube were Mary Tyler Moore and Kate Jackson.  Mom was cool.  She had Redford, Newman, etc 😂.  #65years RIP

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Had a MTM flashback.   He was so funny.  The staff abused him, especially Captn Steubing 😂 (spelling?)

The show he had as a comic writer with two pretty daughters was not bad.   The blonde kept my hand eye coordination solid.  Follow the bouncing… :) 
My Dad had many favs :)   But two flagrant obsessions on the tube were Mary Tyler Moore and Kate Jackson.  Mom was cool.  She had Redford, Newman, etc 😂.  #65years RIP

I loved The brunette in too close for comfort. FYI she was the skanky chick in the Warriors

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9/17 the DMV dominates NYC

SJC 49 Tottenville NY 13

St. Mary's Ryken 55 Curtis NY 20

Woodberry Forest 29 Georgetown Prep 28 (GP was up 28-14 with under two minutes left)

St. Mary's-Annapolis 36 Loyola Blakefield 30 (OT)

St. Christopher's 21 St. Albans 7

Leftover from 9/16: Rock Creek Christian 32 Erasmus Hall NY 30

Homeschool Game of the Week: FCA Bucks 51 Central Virginia Disciples 28

5 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

9/18

Life Christian 24 Canarsie NY 12

Bishop McNamara 50 Lincoln NY 0

sorry NY and NJ looks like we won the bridge.

Interesting - just saw this thread - what are these private schools doing playing some regular publics from Staten Island and Brooklyn.  SJC vs Tottenville, Staten Island?  FreeBird did you have your boy Flo - Joey M. Set these games up for you?  Fun fact - former Braves pitcher Jason Marquis and former New England Patriot OL Joe Andruzzi I believe are both Tottenville alums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Interesting - just saw this thread - what are these private schools doing playing some regular publics from Staten Island and Brooklyn.  SJC vs Tottenville, Staten Island?  FreeBird did you have your boy Flo - Joey M. Set these games up for you?

Ha, I was actually going to tag you and ask whether this was a new thing where PSAL teams were able to play teams from elsewhere, because I don't remember it at all in the past. SJC was playing at home but the other games were part of Battle for the Bridge, IDK what the point is of having a bunch of second-tier DC area private schools playing NYC teams in an event at Rutgers. 

Erasmus Hall gave SJP a good game last week.