DC/MD/VA Scores

MA Fan

Wilmington Friends (DE) was up 34-0 over Mt Zion Prep with 3 minutes left in 3rd Q when Mt Zion coach blew a gasket over PF call and pulled his team off the field and quit. So I guess technically it's a fft 

Huge win for tiny academic private Wilmington Friends over National program...lol

https://mtzionpreparatoryacademy-footb.godaddysites.com/

NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

🚨🚨🚨NAME, IMAGE, AND LIKENESS🚨🚨🚨

40 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

Awesome the Reclass Bowl. 💩 

Game ends when one team successfully recruits all the players on the other team.

Funny about Mount Zion (I think that is the former Avalon coach?). They have had a good postgrad basketball team for a few years. The first time I saw them play, the game was called early in the fourth quarter because the coach got tossed (after trying for the whole second half) and refused to leave. Seen them play a few other times without incident so maybe it's their initiation ritual.

The whole campus they are located on is some sketchy Chinese-owned thing, there is also a "university" there that no one has ever heard of:

https://washudc.org/about-us/location/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Game ends when one team successfully recruits all the players on the other team.

Funny about Mount Zion (I think that is the former Avalon coach?). They have had a good postgrad basketball team for a few years. The first time I saw them play, the game was called early in the fourth quarter because the coach got tossed (after trying for the whole second half) and refused to leave. 

Yes it is the Avalon coach (Avalon dropped football) and some of the team plus some other players they recruited in.  Always controversy around that guy. Mostly recruiting claims but other stuff like you said as well.  He is piggy backed On MT Zion Prep to try and build a national program. Lol good luck because the team wasn't coached for shit. Great looking athletes but a terrible team. I have no idea how they stayed within 3 tds of Calvert Hall and McDonogh unless those two played their jv Second half or something 

Another unsanctioned  team that was advertising on twitter for kids to reclass and come SMH

24 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Funny about Mount Zion (I think that is the former Avalon coach?). They have had a good postgrad basketball team for a few years. The first time I saw them play, the game was called early in the fourth quarter because the coach got tossed (after trying for the whole second half) and refused to leave. Seen them play a few other times without incident so maybe it's their initiation ritual.

The whole campus they are located on is some sketchy Chinese-owned thing, there is also a "university" there that no one has ever heard of:

https://washudc.org/about-us/location/

It use to be an old Seminary College. Miles Hall the picture they put on their website is parceled out as offices for various organizations. MZP has an office or maybe just a mail box there and the "school" is the Wagner Hall ( the old gymnasium) and there is a library with a computer center on the site they use for online classes. Plus they have some of the old dorm rooms allotted to them on site as well. Like 6 of them or something. That was for the basketball team I have no idea what the football team does and if the players stay there or not. I am guessing not. 

10/21

Archbishop Spalding 45 McDonogh 12

MSJ 33 Calvert Hall 22

Rock Creek Christian 36 Steubenville 20

St. Xavier 30 Life Christian 16

Oscar Smith 28 Nansemond River 3

NoVA Public School Game of the Week: Fairfax 29 Lake Braddock 14 (both teams were 7-0)

Maryland Public School Game of the Week: Atholton 42 Howard 20 

WCAC games tomorrow

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Should be an interesting final four

GC has the best ground game and defense in the area. I don’t think Weaver is that guy but it probably doesn’t matter 

SJC has great wideouts but has QB inconsistency 

DM is coming into form

GZ is well coached but doesn’t have the dudes

my champ pick is a toss up between DM and GC

• Like 1

10/28

Good Counsel 24 SJC 0

SFA 50 Arundel 0

DeMatha 23 Football North 3

Archbishop Spalding 34 Loyola 20

MSJ 28 Pallotti 13

Calvert Hall 27 McDonogh 24

Rock Creek Christian 28 Friendship Collegiate 6

Oscar Smith 2 Western Branch 0 (real score)

NoVA Public School Game of the Week: Patriot 76 John Champe 59

Maryland Public School Game of the Week: Joppatowne 18 Patterson Mill 14

• Thanks 2

Apart from the DeMatha-Good Counsel showdown, we have three battles of unbeaten teams in the last week of the VHSL regular season.

Highland Springs at Varina (Thursday)--Varina beat HS 7-6 last year and hasn't lost since.

Oscar Smith at Phoebus (Saturday)--This was a very highly anticipated matchup last year and OS totally demolished Phoebus. Consensus is that OS isn't as strong this year and they have had some close calls, but they've also played tougher opponents than Phoebus.

Patriot at Battlefield--Battlefield looking for their second straight perfect regular season. They shut down Freedom-Woodbridge in the playoffs last season.

• Like 1

11/4

DeMatha 28 Good Counsel 14

SFA 41 St. Thomas More 18

Dinwiddie 63 Thomas Dale 23 (both teams were 9-0)

EC Glass 26 Liberty Christian 14 (Liberty Christian was 9-0)

NoVA Public School Game of the Week: Battlefield 17 Patriot 7 (both teams were 9-0)

No MD Public School Game of the Week as it was Body Bag Round in the playoffs

Gonzaga-SJC, Spalding-MSJ, and Oscar Smith-Phoebus on Saturday

11/5

SJC 22 Gonzaga 13

Archbishop Spalding 35 MSJ 21 (Spalding wins MIAA A regular season)

Phoebus 56 Oscar Smith 0

Archbishop Carroll 30 St. Mary's Ryken 9 (Carroll wins WCAC Metro Division regular season)

Episcopal 10 Bullis 7 (Episcopal wins IAC title)

McDonogh 34 Gilman 13

Martinsburg 72 Bishop Ireton 0 

Looks like I have to apologize to @whiteshoesfor mocking his having Phoebus in his rankings...although IMO Highland Springs is the only rankable VHSL team this year.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 6:59 PM, MA Fan said:

11/5

SJC 22 Gonzaga 13

Archbishop Spalding 35 MSJ 21 (Spalding wins MIAA A regular season)

Phoebus 56 Oscar Smith 0

Archbishop Carroll 30 St. Mary's Ryken 9 (Carroll wins WCAC Metro Division regular season)

Episcopal 10 Bullis 7 (Episcopal wins IAC title)

McDonogh 34 Gilman 13

Martinsburg 72 Bishop Ireton 0 

Looks like I have to apologize to @whiteshoesfor mocking his having Phoebus in his rankings...although IMO Highland Springs is the only rankable VHSL team this year.

No problem.   As I have stated throughout, I do respect other's opinions as I think it helps me in my analysis of teams.

• Like 1

11/10 a bunch of VA playoff games moved up due to Friday's weather

Upset of the Night: Colonial Forge 17 Battlefield 13 (Forge had a down season at 5-5, Battlefield was 10-0)

Highland Springs 49 Prince George 0

Oscar Smith 56 Kellam 7

Freedom-Woodbridge 77 Gar-Field 26

Phoebus 64 York 7

Dinwiddie 54 Powhatan 7

Varina 35 Matoaca 0

Green Run 63 Hickory 14

DCIAA Stripes Division Semifinals: Coolidge 48 McKinley 0 and Bell 33 McKinley Tech 15

11/11

WCAC Semifinals
DeMatha 28 Gonzaga 7
SJC 14 Good Counsel 10

MIAA A Semifinal
Archbishop Spalding 41 McDonogh 6

WCAC Other Division Semifinal
Paul VI 14 St. Mary's-Ryken 7

NoVa Playoff Game of the Week: Westfield 31 Herndon 28 (2 OT)

Maryland Playoff Game of the Week: St. Charles 22 Northern 15

Regular Season
SFA 34 Football North 10

11/12

MIAA A Semifinal
Calvert Hall 21 MSJ 13

VISAA Division 1 Semifinals
Trinity Episcopal 35 Potomac School 0
Benedictine 20 St. Christopher's 0

WCAC Forgotten Division Semifinal
Archbishop Carroll 48 O'Connell 6

DCIAA Stars Division Semifinals
Dunbar 30 HD Woodson 6
Roosevelt 47 Jackson-Reed 16

Olde Southern Boarding School Rivalry
Episcopal 24 Woodberry Forest 8

On 8/27/2022 at 3:41 PM, MA Fan said:

Speaking of Rough Riders we had an OOS win for a DC public school last night:

Roosevelt DC 22 Indian Valley OH 17

Indian Valley is still alive in the Ohio playoffs. I don't care what division they are, that's the best win for a DCIAA team in a while.