35 The St. Joseph Regional @ 44 Don Bosco Preparatory final See y’all at MetLife

FreeBird

7 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

What game were y’all watching? U what I watched was certainly better then what LA 

@DBP66 set these fools straight!

the run D wasn't that bad....the pass D was aweful....hopefully we learn a lot from these films and don't look like this at B.C...but does B.C. have a Q.B. who could expose us?...should be a good game in Oradell...😉

we did have some success blitzing more in the second half getting a sack or two...may have to do more of that against B.C..

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

the run D wasn't that bad....the pass D was aweful....hopefully we learn a lot from these films and don't look like this at B.C...but does B.C. have a Q.B. who could expose us?...should be a good game in Oradell...😉

we did have some success blitzing more in the second half getting a sack or two...may have to do more of that against B.C..

Do we have a QB? Your guess is as good as anyone's. They haven't had to do much the first 2 games so only time will tell, I think you will have problems in the secondary against BC though especially against Quincy Porter (6'5" and very talented).  I thought your run D was not good but like you said the problems in the secondary overshadowed the issues that you had upfront. No matter how you slice it you gave up 35 points on back to back weeks and I don't think you get to 30 on Bergen so it comes down to finding major improvements somewhere on that D which I am of the mindset is impossible because I don't believe you have the horses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

Do we have a QB? Your guess is as good as anyone's. They haven't had to do much the first 2 games so only time will tell, I think you will have problems in the secondary against BC though especially against Quincy Porter (6'5" and very talented).  I thought your run D was not good but like you said the problems in the secondary overshadowed the issues that you had upfront. No matter how you slice it you gave up 35 points on back to back weeks and I don't think you get to 30 on Bergen so it comes down to finding major improvements somewhere on that D which I am of the mindset is impossible because I don't believe you have the horses.

and you may be 100% right...but you also have the "rival" factor...which kind of throws everything out the window when we meet...I think the pressure is on you guys playing at home. We need to play loose and hard and let it "all hang out" and see what happens. Maybe we play Bistonis on D some plays?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

and you may be 100% right...but you also have the "rival" factor...which kind of throws everything out the window when we meet...I think the pressure is on you guys playing at home. We need to play loose and hard and let it "all hang out" and see what happens. Maybe we play Bistonis on D some plays?

Everything you said is correct except the Bisontis situation. I said it last week on another thread so I’ll say it again, you do not only do him but the entire team a disservice playing him both ways. Last week against Edgewater and in the Champ game at MetLife he was gassed by the 2nd half. Too much to ask against top flight competition. But we are do for a loss and won’t be surprised if it is in 2 weeks against you

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Everything you said is correct except the Bisontis situation. I said it last week on another thread so I’ll say it again, you do not only do him but the entire team a disservice playing him both ways. Last week against Edgewater and in the Champ game at MetLife he was gassed by the 2nd half. Too much to ask against top flight competition. But we are do for a loss and won’t be surprised if it is in 2 weeks against you

I agree with him getting gassed by playing too much...I'd spot play him...8-10 plays the most on D when needed. H.S. kids should be in good enough shape to play both ways IMO...I remember Cushing and B. Toal playing both ways a lot with no problems. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

You’re so biased and negative

4 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

I tend to agree here.  I also believe that a good coach can only coach up a team if you have talent. I just don’t know if Bosco has the horses on D for a guy like Sabella to make a difference. I said in another thread that they remind me of Nunzio Bergen team circa 2015. They’ll hang 40 on you but the question is are you going to score 37 or 43. It will be interesting to see these teams against SPP. 

it’s very clear:  we don’t have the horses.  These kids will improve but …

why do you think Bisontis and Moreno play?

the Cooch is in a zone.  And he has protection.  And he has receivers.  And we finally have a back who can catch.  We can’t ask for more without being unreasonable 

special teams are fine

the D ???

4 hours ago, DBP66 said:

See Iron—not bad and awful equals not good.  I’m trying to be fair.  

66 did say preseason that Nolan would be good.  That’s a pleasant surprise 

18 minutes ago, Testadura said:

You’re so biased and negative

I actually I think I’m pretty objective. I just write what I see and until proven wrong you guys have a D problem that you admit to & we have an offense that is pedestrian and not flashy but has good size upfront and just enough playmakers to be effective. I think they get to the 24 to 28 range on you & I don’t think you get to 30 on us. You disagree?  Can DBP win in 2 weeks? Absolutely!! I haven’t seen the killer instinct on our team and they have been reading their own press but I do think we have to favored until we lose

11 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Question for everybody.. what are the status’ of all the injuries?  

A fyi if not known to the NJ brethren and likely not known to the rest… 

+ to the 💪 of DBP “fan base zanies of physicality ” … in both games vs STA, STA’s starting QB was unable to play the following game.  O’Korn, if I’m not mistaken, hurt his shoulder on a tackle after a good yardage run and didn’t play the next game.    Rizzo was concussion protocol I believe.   If I’m wrong, Canes or @DownSouthwill amend.   The game vs Miramar in 2014 was brutal!  One ugly game without a QB for STA, yet somehow they won with D, special teams and enough rushing with one dimensional rushing. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

A fyi if not known to the NJ brethren and likely not known to the rest… 

+ to the 💪 of DBP “fan base zanies of physicality ” … in both games vs STA, STA’s starting QB was unable to play the following game.  O’Korn, if I’m not mistaken, hurt his shoulder on a tackle after a good yardage run and didn’t play the next game.    Rizzo was concussion protocol I believe.   If I’m wrong, Canes or @DownSouthwill amend.   The game vs Miramar in 2014 was brutal!  One ugly game without a QB for STA, yet somehow they won with D, special teams and enough rushing with one dimensional rushing. 

Don’t expect Canes to be objective

7 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Don’t expect Canes to be objective

He’s transparent with regards to game info.   At least from what I’ve read about STA games…  

I have a long time friend in NJ that my friends and I call the Encyclopedia.  :)  He’s one of these people who can remember vividly things from the past.  Not to the extreme memory recollection like the actress from Taxi, but concerts, sports events and history events of importance he’s on the ball always.  It’s always fun to read his texts when he’s drunk especially.  

He was at a ballgame during the infamous blackout with his dad.  I forgot what year, but he would know the day, time and wind direction.  

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

I agree with him getting gassed by playing too much...I'd spot play him...8-10 plays the most on D when needed. H.S. kids should be in good enough shape to play both ways IMO...I remember Cushing and B. Toal playing both ways a lot with no problems. 

I don't think Bisontis on D will help that much unless he can play DB.  The Edgewater coach saw a game film and knew right away how to attack Bosco's D, came out throwing.

• Haha 1

• FreeBird changed the title to 35 The St. Joseph Regional @ 44 Don Bosco Preparatory final See y’all at MetLife