Bosco-Bergen week Let's Go!

Mickeybern

3 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I always stand open for correction, perhaps I used the wrong term.  I have no ties to Iona Prep so no sensitivities there.  I use arrogance because I fail to come up with another adjective to describe the “disbelief” that DBP lost to them.  To me, that signals that you guys believe that DBP has clearly superior talent and the outcome was a shocker.  I disagree with this notion.  Insert your preferred adjective to describe that in place of arrogance, no malice intended on my end.

We were all surprised for many reasons, all of which I know you are aware. Look at the national rankings historically. Look at the interstate play the last 20 years. Look at Cal Prep before the games. I can't imagine anyone was not surprised. 

Either way, NJ lost, NY was better. It's that simple. 

Peace

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I always stand open for correction, perhaps I used the wrong term.  I have no ties to Iona Prep so no sensitivities there.  I use arrogance because I fail to come up with another adjective to describe the “disbelief” that DBP lost to them.  To me, that signals that you guys believe that DBP has clearly superior talent and the outcome was a shocker.  I disagree with this notion.  Insert your preferred adjective to describe that in place of arrogance, no malice intended on my end.

Arrogance but in funny, unthinking way.  

26 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Enjoy the fact that your NY team came across the River and came back to beat the team that just pummeled the number 1 ranked team in NJ on the road 

23 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

Enjoy the fact that your NY team came across the River and came back to beat the team that just pummeled the number 1 ranked team in NJ on the road 

I don’t really care / get too much into the state dick measuring contests.  I don’t have ties to Iona but it was a good win for them, as was today for DBP.  I just like to see good football.  

• Like 3

Campanile says they were out-toughed.  He attributes BC’s success to toughness.  

funny, no talk about plays, or D-1s, or offers, or talent.  

he talks about toughness.  Of course a 115-pound guy who’s tough can’t last in front of Bisontis and of course Bryce Young is a plus, but talent on this level is largely secondary in his mind. The most creative familial offensive minds in NJ—the gunslingers—prefer toughness.  

just his opinion distilled from a lot of factors.  

14 minutes ago, Testadura said:

Campanile says they were out-toughed.  He attributes BC’s success to toughness.  

funny, no talk about plays, or D-1s, or offers, or talent.  

he talks about toughness.  Of course a 115-pound guy who’s tough can’t last in front of Bisontis and of course Bryce Young is a plus, but talent on this level is largely secondary in his mind. The most creative familial offensive minds in NJ—the gunslingers—prefer toughness.  

just his opinion distilled from a lot of factors.  

Chase said about the Iona loss, we have to be tougher.  Not, we have to be more exact in our passing game.  Our precision was off.

The Cooch said, and it’s hyped-up opinion, we beat them on every play, and they didn’t want to be there.  

that’s very bad if true.  Strizak told me that after they drove 80 against Ed’s on the first possession Ed’s didn’t want to be there.  

I think BC thru now is the better team, but if Bosco’s D improves, then BC better learn that getting hit is part of fighting.