Early College Game Recaps : Georgia and Michigan struggle at home

reggid

Michigan needs a late TD to hold on ar home against unranked Maryland, even with friendly refs all day.  First halfway decent team UM has played, and McCarthy was back to looking mediocre.  Have they been exposed?

Meanwhile, Georgia struggles at home against a bottom-feeding team from the MAC.  Led by just 10 in the 4th Q against Kent State.  Kind of embarrassing. Should GA fall a few spots after this awful performance against a really bad team from the MAC?   You can bet they would if they were in any other conference.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reggid said:

Michigan needs a late TD to hold on ar home against unranked Maryland, even with friendly refs all day.  First halfway decent team UM has played, and McCarthy was back to looking mediocre.  Have they been exposed?

Meanwhile, Georgia struggles at home against a bottom-feeding team from the MAC.  Led by just 10 in the 4th Q against Akron.  Kind of embarrassing. Should GA fall a few spots after this awful performance against a really bad team from the MAC?   You can bet they would if they were in any other conference.

Your last sentence answers your question, no?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, reggid said:

Meanwhile, Georgia struggles at home against a bottom-feeding team from the MAC.  Led by just 10 in the 4th Q against Akron.  Kind of embarrassing. Should GA fall a few spots after this awful performance against a really bad team from the MAC?   You can bet they would if they were in any other conference.

Will remain the same & ok with it 😩

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, reggid said:

Michigan needs a late TD to hold on

They were flat and need to execute better for sure, but they had a 15 pt lead with about 3:30 left, 34-19.  I posted on the MA thread while checking out a HSFB game (wish I watched more) that I could finally relax.  

So 34-19 and Maryland scores a TD with 45 seconds left.  What would you folks do here?  The score is now 34-25, 9 point spread.  45 seconds left.  You’re going to onside kick for sure.  

9 point spread, MD went for 2 and converted.  :)   That’s some strange strategy I’m not aware of.  

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

They were flat and need to execute better for sure, but they had a 15 pt lead with about 3:30 left, 34-19.  I posted on the MA thread while checking out a HSFB game (wish I watched more) that I could finally relax.  

So 34-19 and Maryland scores a TD with 45 seconds left.  What would you folks do here?  The score is now 34-25, 9 point spread.  45 seconds left.  You’re going to onside kick for sure.  

9 point spread, MD went for 2 and converted.  :)   That’s some strange strategy I’m not aware of.  

We encountered the same scenario once against Loyola. Coach decided to go for two and we missed with under two minutes left no timeouts (IIRC). Regardless, we needed two more offensive possessions to win at that point. Dumb as &$*%.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I suppose it worked out since they converted, but at the time without the benefit of hindsight I did not understand the decision either.  Don’t get the 2 and the game is over. My thinking is always to extend the game but what do I know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reggid said:

Meanwhile, Georgia struggles at home against a bottom-feeding team from the MAC.  Led by just 10 in the 4th Q against Akron. 

It was actually Kent St, but that doesn’t matter either way. 
I read a post on FB that someone bet $125K on Kent to cover. Not sure if it’s true, but that’s got to be a lot of winnings. All you gamblers out there….how much would that be? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

It was actually Kent St, but that doesn’t matter either way. 
I read a post on FB that someone bet $125K on Kent to cover. Not sure if it’s true, but that’s got to be a lot of winnings. All you gamblers out there….how much would that be? 

One site had Kent state +44.5 at -103. His winning would’ve been $121,000. Nearly doubled his money.

• Haha 1

Ok I get the Anti-SEC Conspiracy...Which I sonewhat agree with only because Not Every Damn Team should be Top 25... especially when most teams are riding Bama's Coat-tails.  (I'm looking at YOU Florida and Kentucky).  

Utah's TE didn't fall down...Florida wouldn't even be ranked.  Kentucky's ranking got boosted by beating a "Ranked" Florida team.  Tennessee will probably be Top 10 now for beating "Ranked" Florida.  (But at least Tennessee beat Pitt.)

Hence the SEC Inflation Module.

Same goes for Big-XII Moneymakers.  I've never seen a team get ranked after losing (Texas).  I think it's happened twice in history.

You can bet top dollar this ain't happening for teams out west.

• Like 1