Ohio Week 7 Discussion

OdbCle

My power poll headed into week 7:

1. Moeller - Handled La Salle and will be looking for the GCL crown this week as they play host to Elder. 

2. Lakota West - Last weeks victory over Princeton looks even better now, and they followed it up with another shutout. 

3. Hoban - Took home a rivalry win over Walsh Jesuit. 

4. Massillon - Offense continues to roll as they put up 49 on a pretty good Fitch team. 

5. St. Edward - Tune up game against Rock Creek Christian went as expected. Holy War awaits in what could be the final hoorah of the Chico era (although I think they could easily meet in the playoffs once again this year in what is a down R1).  

6. Elder - The win over X was not surprising, but the complete and utter domination opened my eyes a bit. X continues to be a bit of a conundrum.  

7. Winton Woods - Biggest test of the year awaits this week as they head to Kings. Kings beat them in the regular season last year, but they avenged it in the playoffs. 

8. TCC - Blasted Lima Senior. Next three weeks against Clay (5-1), Whitmer (4-2), and Ross (5-1) will present the "toughest" stretch of their regular season. 

9. St. Ignatius - Solid road win against River Rouge (MI). Wildcats were down a number of starters but jumped out to a 21-6 lead in the first half.  Not scoring the remainder of the game was a little concerning. 

10. Princeton - Showed that their 4-0 start wasn't all smoke and mirrors with win over a very solid Fairfield team. Very good chance to finish 9-1 now. 

Others: Springboro, Springfield, Fairfield, Centerville, Gahanna-Lincoln, Glenville, Avon, Medina, Cleveland Heights, Kings, Riverside, Wayne, Pick Central, Dublin Jerome, Austintown-Fitch 

• Like 1

Games of the week:

St. Edward @ Ignatius 

Moeller v. Elder

Springfield v. Springboro

Lakota West v. Mason

St. X @ Trinity (KY)

Medina v. Mentor

Northmont v. Wayne 

Gahanna-Lincoln v. New Albany 

Hoban v. St. Francis (NY)

Massillon v. Middletown (DE)

Avon @ Olmsted Falls 

Winton Woods @ Kings 

1 hour ago, OdbCle said:

My power poll headed into week 7:

1. Moeller - Handled La Salle and will be looking for the GCL crown this week as they play host to Elder. 

2. Lakota West - Last weeks victory over Princeton looks even better now, and they followed it up with another shutout. 

3. Hoban - Took home a rivalry win over Walsh Jesuit. 

4. Massillon - Offense continues to roll as they put up 49 on a pretty good Fitch team. 

5. St. Edward - Tune up game against Rock Creek Christian went as expected. Holy War awaits in what could be the final hoorah of the Chico era (although I think they could easily meet in the playoffs once again this year in what is a down R1).  

6. Elder - The win over X was not surprising, but the complete and utter domination opened my eyes a bit. X continues to be a bit of a conundrum.  

7. Winton Woods - Biggest test of the year awaits this week as they head to Kings. Kings beat them in the regular season last year, but they avenged it in the playoffs. 

8. TCC - Blasted Lima Senior. Next three weeks against Clay (5-1), Whitmer (4-2), and Ross (5-1) will present the "toughest" stretch of their regular season. 

9. St. Ignatius - Solid road win against River Rouge (MI). Wildcats were down a number of starters but jumped out to a 21-6 lead in the first half.  Not scoring the remainder of the game was a little concerning. 

10. Princeton - Showed that their 4-0 start wasn't all smoke and mirrors with win over a very solid Fairfield team. Very good chance to finish 9-1 now. 

Others: Springboro, Springfield, Fairfield, Centerville, Gahanna-Lincoln, Glenville, Avon, Medina, Cleveland Heights, Kings, Riverside, Wayne, Pick Central, Dublin Jerome, Austintown-Fitch 

Great ranking. I'd probably have it identical to that

Friday finals:

Moeller 42, Elder 14

Lakota West 37, Mason 7

Springfield 54, Springboro 14

Trinity (KY) 34, St. X 7

Medina 52, Mentor 38

Marysville 49, Dublin Jerome 28

Gahanna Lincoln 38, New Albany 24

Wayne 49, Northmont 14

Hoban 42, St. Francis(NY) 15

TCC 45, Clay 7