Stay safe you Florida swamp rats . Tampa area in the crosshairs.

HooverOutlaw

51 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Roll call! You evacuate Nolebull? 

Guys, this is where I fish that I've posted pictures of sometimes on here...

1285289496_Screenshot_20220928-1733192.thumb.png.75836f30ea54b1a121c2ca0a46723ad5.png

Hurricane Ian sucked all the water south and pushed it ashore. That's usually 4 to 5 feet deep at low tide and 6 to 8 at high tide. It's gone! 

No we dodged it thankfully but the Sarasota area is really getting it. It supposed to miss Tampa and go towards Orlando but slow down. If I’m reading it right the worst is happening right now. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

No we dodged it thankfully but the Sarasota area is really getting it. It supposed to miss Tampa and go towards Orlando but slow down. If I’m reading it right the worst is happening right now. 

I see that Tampa Bay lost it's water too. Yall did get lucky! 

My buddy is a lineman(gonna be a hero for the next few weeks down there) and is staying at hotel at exit 131 off I 75 I think thats closer to Ft. Myers. They're basically taking a direct hit at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I see that Tampa Bay lost it's water too. Yall did get lucky! 

My buddy is a lineman(gonna be a hero for the next few weeks down there) and is staying at hotel at exit 131 off I 75 I think thats closer to Ft. Myers. They're basically taking a direct hit at the moment. 

Yeah Ft Myers/Sarasota is getting hammered. They are gonna need all the resources 

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Poor Fort Myers got hit harder than when STA went up there earlier in the year 😬   Hope everyone up there is ok...that surge looked really bad.

5 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yea my Sarasota family left and went up to Valdosta... 

I’m sure we’ll be receiving soon updates on closings of vacation rental properties on the gulf coast for an extended period of time, due to dry toast “Ian” Miller family. The I named storms/hurricanes have been tracking towards land in recent years.  

It's difficult to say water has taste, but, it does. Not all water tastes the same, and, Dasani tastes bad comparatively. I generally go with Aquafina because it has a "sweet" taste. Dasani tastes like nothing, or maybe a little like the plastic its packaged in. Hell, I'll take Wal-marts store brand "sams choice" over Dasani. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's difficult to say water has taste, but, it does. Not all water tastes the same, and, Dasani tastes bad comparatively. I generally go with Aquafina because it has a "sweet" taste. Dasani tastes like nothing, or maybe a little like the plastic its packaged in. Hell, I'll take Wal-marts store brand "sams choice" over Dasani. 

Back in the day no one ever complained about drinking water out of a garden hose. It was good!

Nowaday's everyone is water critic. 😄

It's water man! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Back in the day no one ever complained about drinking water out of a garden hose. It was good!

Nowaday's everyone is water critic. 😄

It's water man! 

That Orlando drink in 1998 of water at a fast food rest stop was chlorine tasting and not drinkable.  Some things you just don’t forget.  It didn’t improve days later in SoFL either.  I’m no expert on what the difference is with inclusion in either state.  Perhaps there’s something to it… or it’s just NJ arrogance. 😂 

I’ve heard people say that the NJ/NY water makes the bagels and pizza so good.  No argument about their water taste either.  Nobody I know drinks water from the tap down here.  Wise move.  :)   
I’m a seltzer fanatic as is my wife.  We always have various in the garage fridge.  

13 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

I'm surprised so many people move to Florida when 1/2 of their athletic teams call themselves "The Hurricanes "

I watched a piece last night about Miami and ocean water level danger and preparation now and for the future.  It wasn’t a new episode… I’ll check what channel it was on and the name.   Some may be interested?  

https://www.pbs.org/video/sinking-cities-miami-preview-9rj9oj/

PBS https://www.pbs.org/video/sinking-cities-miami-bcdxzj/

20 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’m sure we’ll be receiving soon updates on closings of vacation rental properties on the gulf coast for an extended period of time, due to dry toast “Ian” Miller family. The I named storms/hurricanes have been tracking towards land in recent years.  

Ft Myers Beach location.   😞 

No idea on loss of lives total.  🙏  

Sanibel Causeway is damaged.  The island is cut off.  

9948580B-50EC-475C-9F77-0814574B9D08.jpeg