Pray for Tua Tagovailoa

SeaShells21

I don’t even know where to begin with this.

There are so many parties at fault there and it is sickening to witness the well-being of someone’s life being neglected and placed in jeopardy for game.

🙏🏻 This is beyond heartbreaking 

“Tua Tagovailoa left Thursday’s primetime showdown against the Cincinnati Bengals with a head and neck injury that forced him to be stretchered off the field and taken to a local hospital. It was the second time in five days Tagovailoa was forced out of a game thanks to symptoms listed on the NFL’s concussion protocol.

The third-year quarterback left Week 3’s win over the Buffalo Bills after a shove from linebacker Matt Milano forced his head to snap into the turf at Hard Rock Stadium. Tagovailoa appeared to shake his head as if trying to regain his thoughts, then stumbled and eventually had to be propped up by his offensive linemen before exiting the game.

He suffered what was originally classified as a head injury but later explained away as a back injury after he returned to the field following halftime. In all, he missed just three offensive snaps.”

Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo Bills | Sunday - 

Miami Dolphins vs. Cincinnati Bengals | Tonight -  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Champa said:

Should have never been of the field.

No way he was near 100 percent and ready to go after stumbling around with his "back injury" from the previous game.

Exactly. He could not even walk by himself.

I did just hear a report from our local 10:00 news that he has movement in his extremities, so thank god for that news but incidents like these shouldn’t even exist in a sport that’s already so dangerous.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Champa said:

Not sure what his source is but....

I don’t even believe that should be considered after a second serious head injury, let alone allowing him to travel on a plane.

He needs to be monitored in Cincinnati and adequately tested as to not have lasting effects from this concussion.

There is so much poor judgement going on. It makes you ponder just how often injuries are blown off snd overlooked 🙁

• Thanks 2

You can't fool around with these brain injuries.  Last October Mervo (Baltimore Tech School) had a star WR pass away from a serous brain injury he sustained vs Dunbar a month earlier. Essentially the brain injury caused his vital organs to shut down. This same team/school had a player gunned down a couple weeks or so ago. Crazy

Very sad story..

https://www.wbal.com/article/537032/21/mervo-hs-football-player-dies-from-injuries-sustained-in-september-game

https://dailyvoice.com/maryland/baltimore/news/popular-football-player-idd-as-victim-of-mervo-high-school-shooting/842616/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I don’t even believe that should be considered after a second serious head injury, let alone allowing him to travel on a plane.

He needs to be monitored in Cincinnati and adequately tested as to not have lasting effects from this concussion.

There is so much poor judgement going on. It makes you ponder just how often injuries are blown off snd overlooked 🙁

😄

So now the doctors at the Unviersity of Cincinnati are suspect and are not as qualified as Dr. SeaShells21.

It's comical how deluded some people are.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

You people are insane.

A head injury on Thursday could be completely unconnected to a non-head injury on Sunday.

The connections people are making, and the silly non-medical claims they're making, are wild.

Dude smacked his head on the turf "Non-head injury" 

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

The league's independent doctor cleared him and he said himself that he had a back injury.

Because you know... 

People can't be wrong... 

Even about their own injuries or sickness... 

But hey I'm insane... 

And in this mad world you're the only one who isn't deluded... 

So you type with your mind because you have to use both hands to stroke your massive ego... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Because you know... 

People can't be wrong... 

Even about their own injuries or sickness... 

That would be a perfect argument to refute your claims because *you* could also be wrong.

And since you're not a doctor of any kind and weren't there that day your take is less than worthless.

17 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And in this mad world you're the only one who isn't deluded... 

So you type with your mind because you have to use both hands to stroke your massive ego... 

I'm not saying that Tua didn't have a head injury. I'm saying that *every doctor that evaluated him* said so.

What makes you insane is your insistence that you know more than the doctors who were there.

It's actually your ego stroking that allows you to say this while at the time time claiming that I'm full of myself.

10 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

If anything this may trigger the end of Thursday games.  Which would be a good thing because they are stupid anyway. 

Agree that they're stupid but disagree that a single injury will cause the end of them.

Any single play can result in a head injury.

You're knee-jerk reaction makes no sense.

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Agree that they're stupid but disagree that a single injury will cause the end of them.

Any single play can result in a head injury.

You're knee-jerk reaction makes no sense.

You can't just agree without being an ass can you?  For your information there has been growing opposition from many about those games including the NFLPA. Nothing knee jerk about it. Besides this whole thing is dominating sports radio this AM so it's not just a a few posters on here. Maybe you should call in to some of them and tell them how stupid they are because ole AtticusFinch knows everything. lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

For your information there has been growing opposition from many about those games including the NFLPA. Nothing knee jerk about it. 

I agreed that they were stupid. I don't think you even read or attempt to understand anything that other people post.

And spare me the NFLPA nonsense.

They agreed to all of this: the Thursday games, the concussion protocols, all of it.