SFA 22 at Kahuku 15 F

DevilDog

1 minute ago, TruthSerum said:

I would say they would have lost 2/3 in the slate of ESL, Kahuku and Dutch Fork so far 

IMG struggled and needed to pull ahead in the 4th quarter against Phenix City who isn't even as strong as some of Phenix City stronger teams of a few years ago, IMG seems vulnerable this year and will likely not finish with a top 50 win when they lose to SFA but probably still end up top 10 in the country because these national sites want to promote their kids for the national signing day routine

It is intriguing to see where IMG finishes, both nationally and in “FL”.  Did they replace a whole staff in off-season?  

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

It is intriguing to see where IMG finishes, both nationally and in “FL”.  Did they replace a whole staff in off-season?  

I thought they had the same head coach but they could have had some shakeups with assistant coaches but I usually don't keep track of it that well these days 

There are definitely more FL teams than just Central that should finish ahead of IMG, even if they lose to SFA they probably won't finish below 15th nationally whether they deserve it or not because these ranking sites will want IMG back in top 5 next year in preseason

19 minutes ago, TruthSerum said:

I would say they would have lost 2/3 in the slate of ESL, Kahuku and Dutch Fork so far 

IMG struggled and needed to pull ahead in the 4th quarter against Phenix City who isn't even as strong as some of Phenix City stronger teams of a few years ago, IMG seems vulnerable this year and will likely not finish with a top 50 win when they lose to SFA but probably still end up top 10 in the country because these national sites want to promote their kids for the national signing day routine

Highly disagree.

ESL is not as good as you are painting them to be in my opinion. Watched the game against SFA & Creekside, Creekside made them look worst than SFA did! They looked bad, pretty much got shut out, dont think it would look good for them against IMG in my opinion.

I watched the Kahuku game vs Bosco & SFA. Bosco on the other hand convereted there red zone trips for scores and put them away quick, same should have be done by SFA! (Kahuka probably had under 100 yards in the 1st half and had 2 or 3 goal line stands against SFA, to keep it a close game in the 1st half) If SFA had any type of actual play calling in the red zone or Special teams, the game wouldn't have been close. Watching that game had me scratching my head on some of the coaching decisions and play calling from SFA. I see IMG big over Kahuka.

As for Dutch Fork, i dont know enough about that team. But i would highly doubt if IMG played Dutch Fork you would be a betting man leaning towards Dutch Fork.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Svargas19 said:

Highly disagree.

ESL is not as good as you are painting them to be in my opinion. Watched the game against SFA & Creekside, Creekside made them look worst than SFA did! They looked bad, pretty much got shut out, dont think it would look good for them against IMG in my opinion.

I watched the Kahuku game vs Bosco & SFA. Bosco on the other hand convereted there red zone trips for scores and put them away quick, same should have be done by SFA! (Kahuka probably had under 100 yards in the 1st half and had 2 or 3 goal line stands against SFA, to keep it a close game in the 1st half) If SFA had any type of actual play calling in the red zone or Special teams, the game wouldn't have been close. Watching that game had me scratching my head on some of the coaching decisions and play calling from SFA. I see IMG big over Kahuka.

As for Dutch Fork, i dont know enough about that team. But i would highly doubt if IMG played Dutch Fork you would be a betting man leaning towards Dutch Fork.

Who has IMG beaten this year that has you convinced IMG is actually on par with SFA?

3 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Kahuku is for real this year. They let the game slip away. Not bad for a little old public school.

SFA is going to have their hands full with IMG this year. Considering how both teams have played so far, and the revenge factor from last year, I think they are going to have to be lucky to stay within 2 TDs of the Ascenders.

SJB 34 Kahuku 7

SJB 42 Bishop Amat 7

Not so sure that Kahuku is all that great…. I would say SFA is just Overrated….

Agree though that SFA will have their Hands full with IMG, SFA’s Offense has been exposed as not very good for an “Elite National Team”…..

Only a Complete Bozo would Rank SFA #1…. There are easily 10 teams that could beat SFA where there are possibly 2 that can beat SJB…. 

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

SJB 34 Kahuku 7

SJB 42 Bishop Amat 7

Not so sure that Kahuku is all that great…. I would say SFA is just Overrated….

Agree though that SFA will have their Hands full with IMG, SFA’s Offense has been exposed as not very good for an “Elite National Team”…..

Only a Complete Bozo would Rank SFA #1…. There are easily 10 teams that could beat SFA where there are possibly 2 that can beat SJB…. 

But IMG is? Come on! They got held to 14 by the only "Elite National Team" that IMG has played this year at HOME

4 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

SJB 34 Kahuku 7

SJB 42 Bishop Amat 7

This is a terrible take and shows that you didn't watch either game. 

SJB could have scored 70 on Amat if they really wanted. Starters were pulled at half. SJB played  pretty much 3 full quarters against Kahuku with the first team. Kahuku beats Amat 10/10.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dntn31 said:

This is a terrible take and shows that you didn't watch either game. 

SJB could have scored 70 on Amat if they really wanted. Starters were pulled at half. SJB played  pretty much 3 full quarters against Kahuku with the first team. Kahuku beats Amat 10/10.

We do Cliff Notes around here.  

56 minutes ago, TruthSerum said:

Who has IMG beaten this year that has you convinced IMG is actually on par with SFA?

Never once said IMG is as good or better than SFA. 

However, just like you stated IMG played bad against Phenix city, how do you think SFA performanced against Kahuka?

Because for me that was a bad performance SFA showed, that has me now 50/50 on what should be a great game between SFA & IMG

But my response was to your statement actually believing those three teams could actually beat IMG LOLLLLLL.

Sure IMGs schedule is not good, but SFAs schedule is not as tough as you are trying to make it seem.

4 minutes ago, Svargas19 said:

However, just like you stated IMG played bad against Phenix city, how do you think SFA performanced against Kahuka?

Because for me that was a bad performance SFA showed, that has me now 50/50 on what should be a great game between SFA & IMG

But my response was to your statement actually believing those three teams could actually beat IMG LOLLLLLL.

Sure IMGs schedule is not good, but SFAs schedule is not as tough as you are trying to make it seem.

Maybe not but It's better than IMG schedule and SFA has actually beaten the teams on their schedule, IMG lost to the only elite team they played 

5 minutes ago, Svargas19 said:

Perhaps but others in here think and have said IMG is gonna beat SFA and that's why I ask what has IMG done THIS SEASON to suggest they can compete with SFA

6 minutes ago, Svargas19 said:

Well we don't know if IMG really is anywhere near their "past reputation" because they have only played one "nationally elite team" they haven't actually proven that this 2022 IMG Academy team could actually beat any "nationally relevant team" 

4 minutes ago, TruthSerum said:

Maybe not but It's better than IMG schedule and SFA has actually beaten the teams on their schedule, IMG lost to the only elite team they played 

I agree with you, SFA schedule is tougher.

4 minutes ago, TruthSerum said:

Perhaps but others in here think and have said IMG is gonna beat SFA and that's why I ask what has IMG done THIS SEASON to suggest they can compete with SFA

Can't speak for others but understand your point.

3 minutes ago, TruthSerum said:

Well we don't know if IMG really is anywhere near their "past reputation" because they have only played one "nationally elite team" they haven't actually proven that this 2022 IMG Academy team could actually beat any "nationally relevant team" 

I agree they havent proved they are nationally relevant, but i would like to point out the Elite team IMG played is the #1 team in Florida (followed closely by Chaminade) and in my opinion Central is easily a top 5 team in the country this year.

Miami Central is a different animal compared to those you mentioned on SFAs schedule. 

So I ask what has SFA done to prove they are Nationally Relevant?

Because beating two of those three teams you mentioned by a single possession does not help you get National relevant team status in my opinion but to each there own.

1 minute ago, Svargas19 said:

I agree with you, SFA schedule is tougher.

Can't speak for others but understand your point.

I agree they havent proved they are nationally relevant, but i would like to point out the Elite team IMG played is the #1 team in Florida (followed closely by Chaminade) and in my opinion Central is easily a top 5 team in the country this year.

Miami Central is a different animal compared to those you mentioned on SFAs schedule. 

So I ask what has SFA done to prove they are Nationally Relevant?

Because beating two of those three teams you mentioned by a single possession does not help you get National relevant team status in my opinion but to each there own.

I think that SFA vs IMG if anything will prove one deserves to be considered nationally elite and the other doesn't

Neither team schedule is all that great but at least SFA has won their games (all on the road) IMG lost to only nationally elite team they played even with that at home 

Miami Central is a very good team but it proves why IMG isn't Elite nationally this year, nationally elite IMG finds a way to win that one

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dntn31 said:

When did I say IMG was unbeatable? I just said they would beat SFA. There are probably 5-7 teams this year that would or should be favored to beat SFA.

Ill take the over on that. I don't see any team that's unbeatable this year. sjb has looked the part but trinity league fans always say sjb coach isn't good so I would look for him to being the reason if they were to lose. 

img is facing a serious problem that I believe sfa will eventually face and all the cheaters like sjb and mater dump will face. 

Eventually kids will look at the next level and see that those schools do next to nothing compared to just playing at their local school. Case in point 2 4stars chose to go to Valdosta instead of img. The only reason 1 is at img now is because of the ghsa. 

A public school coming off of a losing season was a better option in those kids eyes than img. I look forward to seeing that trend continue and see the kids stay home. Play for your school and community that's you are supposed to.